Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphic's...anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Graphic's...anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphic's...anyone? - 7/7/2008 10:52:59 PM   
madgamer2

Like the poster who mentioned Tactics II I go way back when wargames were played with paper maps, unit counters, rules disagreements, and in any game with more than Inf. Art., and Cav. units used NATO icons. I have heard that some of the players state that WbtS is ugly and plain.
Many seem to favor some kind of Period graphics (whatever that means)such as what you find in AACW. I have problems with the map in a game like that because after about 2 hours I get a headache. Now period it may be but I find it a total state of confusion as to where I am and where I am going.(A touch of Civil War reality perhaps?)

I think the younger "WE want Period graphics" Will win out over the "KISS" crowd (Keep It Simple Stupid) folks but what do you people think. Do graphics you do not like keep you from buying a game. They did me because I had a friend who invited me over to play Panzer General with those awful plane,tank,and Infantry Icons.
Post #: 1
RE: Graphic's...anyone? - 7/7/2008 11:07:37 PM   
m10bob

I'm an old NATO counter wargamer, but these nice graphics remind me of the old American Heritage game released for the Centennial of the Civil War in 1961..........

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: Graphic's...anyone? - 7/8/2008 1:36:34 AM   
heroldje

graphics can be simple and still be good, or pleasant to look at.  graphics only become a hinderance when they are graphics for the sake of graphics, instead of adding to the experience/gameplay

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 3
RE: Graphic's...anyone? - 7/8/2008 1:50:54 AM   
ryan1488

game looks plenty good for me

(in reply to heroldje)
Post #: 4
RE: Graphic's...anyone? - 7/8/2008 2:28:17 AM   
hgilmer

If I know a game engine is good, the graphics don't stop me.  If I don't know, the graphics sway me.

(in reply to ryan1488)
Post #: 5
RE: Graphic's...anyone? - 7/8/2008 7:38:35 PM   
tran505

The graphics look fine to me too. The retail shelves are full of games stressing graphics over gamplay. The graphics are reasonably nice, clear, and easy to follow. (I do play fully zoomed in. Choices like this are good once you are over 50!) The game is extremely well designed and executed. Works for me....

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Graphic's...anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI