Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Returning player questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Returning player questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Returning player questions - 7/21/2008 10:32:58 AM   
past caring

Hello

Couple of questions from a returning player.....

1) I've got the old "Europe in Flames" bundle - ie East Front II, West Front and Sea Lion. Somewhere lodged in the back of my mind is a memory of there being issues playing this with Windows XP SP2 - and there being a patch available? Haven't tried playing yet, just re-installed the game, so may not be an issue....

2) Is there any way of getting from where I am to the Matrix Campaign Series without having to purchase the game again from Matrix? I'm quite happy to pay for Rising Sun etc, but I imagine this isn't possible?

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Returning player questions - 7/21/2008 10:48:05 AM   
marcbarker

I have the trinity on my XP SP2 I had to update the 102 on west front, can't remeber the updates for the others. google. redarrowproductions this is site is from Craig Foster. He had the encrypt key and all for the talonsoft games. The big differences between the talonsot and matrix. You get a whole lot more with the matrix. I was a die hard Talonsoft fan but after biting the bullet and getting the matrix games. It was well worht it. Read the threads for some of the additions. You wil be amaze. Train movement, Recon Aircraft, Night combat for east front with star shells, Bridging Engineers. I would recommend it over the old stuff. I hope this helps.

(in reply to past caring)
Post #: 2
RE: Returning player questions - 7/21/2008 2:07:10 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: past caring

2) Is there any way of getting from where I am to the Matrix Campaign Series without having to purchase the game again from Matrix? I'm quite happy to pay for Rising Sun etc, but I imagine this isn't possible?

Voila

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/casemaed.html

Jason Petho

Post #: 3
RE: Returning player questions - 7/22/2008 3:14:15 AM   
Krec

ask and you shall receive

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 4
RE: Returning player questions - 7/23/2008 11:10:16 PM   
past caring

Cheers for the responses, though in the end I decided to buy the game anew - digital download and hardcopy - just couldn't wait to get going again.

Anyway, one thing I noticed - or possibly imagined - is how artillery strikes are different to how I remember. IIRC in the original WF/EF you called in artillery by opening the dialogue box, selecting the artillery unit you wanted to fire and then selected the hex? More or less the way that firing worked/still works for infantry and armour units - ie, select unit you wish to fire, select target, click LMB. With CS (patched to 1.03) I've been caught out a few times by the apparent change to artillery - ie select target hex, then select firing unit - a few (too many) friendly fire incidents have resulted, particularly when I have succesfully assaulted a strongpoint then opened the artillery dialogue to soften up the next target. Is this right? If so, it seems both counter-intuitive (two different methods of targetting) and an unnecessary change from the game as I remember it? Thoughts? Am i talking ****e?

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 5
RE: Returning player questions - 7/24/2008 1:42:19 AM   
cw58

I don't think it's changed. You still open up the artillery dialogue, and left-click to select the artillery unit you want. Then right-click on the map to plot the artillery strike. If I remember correctly, that's the way it's always been.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Returning player questions - 7/24/2008 7:50:49 AM   
past caring

Hmmm - I am sometimes finding the target hex has been selected before the artillery unit. Wierd.

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Returning player questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI