Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Serious Lock-up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Tech Support >> Serious Lock-up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 5:07:46 PM   
AlanG59

The game locks-up after any series of Naval Battles.
Pressing the "End Battle" button of what I assume is the last encounter will remain locked on that screen.
It doesn't seem to matter which Country or Scenario I play.

I am running the game on Windows VISTA. I know, I know! hahahha
Post #: 1
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 5:54:02 PM   
doomtrader

Hi,

I did a quick test at my son's computer.
Both of us having Vista, at his' there is a crash after a naval battle.

We have got different programs installed (firewalls, antivirus), so that might be a problem, could you please turn off all communicators, antivirus etc and check does the problem occurs?
At list pplease give us a list of installed and running applications.

(in reply to AlanG59)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 6:38:52 PM   
AlanG59

I ran the game with Norton Anti-Virus shut off; no change.
I can't seem to shut off the built-in Norton Firewall, so I don't know if that is affecting the program or not.
Those are the only running background applications I have on that I know of.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 6:39:09 PM   
Erik Rutins

Alan,

Could you post a DxDiag file for us please?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 6:57:53 PM   
AlanG59

Ok;  but what is a DxDiag file.... how do I do that?
hahahha   I'm technically challenged!!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 7:16:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Alan,

No problem, instructions for that are pinned at the top of this forum.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AlanG59)
Post #: 6
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 8:10:44 PM   
AlanG59

-

< Message edited by AlanG59 -- 7/25/2008 10:15:57 PM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 10:20:22 PM   
AlanG59

I'm not sure if this is relavent, but I have NEVER been able to access the Matrix Forums using IE.   I have to use Firefox to talk here and view this forum.

(in reply to AlanG59)
Post #: 8
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/25/2008 11:00:16 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanG59

I'm not sure if this is relavent, but I have NEVER been able to access the Matrix Forums using IE.   I have to use Firefox to talk here and view this forum.

Don't think it's relevant, as I have only ever use IE and have never had a problem, even with the new setup, IE 7 and service pack 3.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to AlanG59)
Post #: 9
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/26/2008 1:01:51 PM   
Samichlaus

quote:

Pressing the "End Battle" button of what I assume is the last encounter will remain locked on that screen.

The same happens with me. Game locks up after pressing "End Battle" in naval phase. I have pc tools spyware doctor installed, nothing else.

(in reply to AlanG59)
Post #: 10
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/26/2008 1:08:26 PM   
Samichlaus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Samichlaus

quote:

The same happens with me. Game locks up after pressing "End Battle" in naval phase. I have pc tools spyware doctor installed, nothing else.

Just tried with deactivated spyware doctor, same happens, but I get one screen further before the game locks. This is a SERIOUS problem, game not playable this way! Needs immediate correction, since it seems that many users have this problem!

(in reply to Samichlaus)
Post #: 11
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/26/2008 4:23:41 PM   
comrade

Samichlaus, do you have Vista or XP ? I don't know if it is related with operating system, just trying to get as much info as possible to replicate it on my machine.

One more thing: when the game locks alt-tab to desktop, kill ww2.exe process, go to the game folder - there sould be a ConsoleOut.txt file there. Zip it and send it to me pls (pawel.roman@iqsoftwaregames.com).

< Message edited by comrade -- 7/26/2008 4:29:50 PM >

(in reply to Samichlaus)
Post #: 12
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/26/2008 5:00:25 PM   
Samichlaus

quote:

ORIGINAL: comrade

Samichlaus, do you have Vista or XP ? I don't know if it is related with operating system, just trying to get as much info as possible to replicate it on my machine.

One more thing: when the game locks alt-tab to desktop, kill ww2.exe process, go to the game folder - there sould be a ConsoleOut.txt file there. Zip it and send it to me pls (pawel.roman@iqsoftwaregames.com).

I'm running Vista. Ok, I'll try to get the file you mentioned.

(in reply to comrade)
Post #: 13
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/27/2008 6:20:55 AM   
Lucky1

I couldn't resist trying to get a game in. However, looks like I won't be able to play despite succumbing to temptation.... I have the same glitch with naval encounters. I have tried to play two times and have had the game lock on me both times when I hit end battle.... Boooo.

I am running Windows Vista. I think the game was running as admin in Vista the first time. The second time, I had it running in XP mode. I am not overly computer literate, but I will try to assist if additional info is required. McAfee Security centre is installed, with firewall on.....

Although I never got too far into either game, I was having no problems with the invasion of Poland. I had tried to ship an armor unit from Italy to North Africa, but was only able to get the ship into port. I haven't figured out how to get the armor unit back on land....

Is there a way to merge fleets that are out in a naval zone?

(in reply to Samichlaus)
Post #: 14
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/27/2008 7:21:08 AM   
Lucky1

Hmm. Tried to play again, just as Germany. Pulled all my fleets from the oceans. Took Poland. Took Netherlands, Belgium and set up Vichy France. Italy joined war a few turns prior to collapse of France and engaged in a couple of naval battles. I simply hit auto and then end battle. These appear to have done whatever they were intended to do. However, in a subsequent naval battle, the game crashed and went to the desktop (as opposed to freezing).

On another matter, when I took Vichy an event popped up to advise that Hitler had ordered the destruction of the maginot. I was not given a choice. Was this intended?

So far, game is much like CoS (which I liked). A fair bit buggier though.... I appreciate your efforts to get everything in working order.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 15
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/27/2008 8:49:47 AM   
comrade

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky1

Hmm. Tried to play again, just as Germany. Pulled all my fleets from the oceans. Took Poland. Took Netherlands, Belgium and set up Vichy France. Italy joined war a few turns prior to collapse of France and engaged in a couple of naval battles. I simply hit auto and then end battle. These appear to have done whatever they were intended to do. However, in a subsequent naval battle, the game crashed and went to the desktop (as opposed to freezing).

On another matter, when I took Vichy an event popped up to advise that Hitler had ordered the destruction of the maginot. I was not given a choice. Was this intended?

So far, game is much like CoS (which I liked). A fair bit buggier though.... I appreciate your efforts to get everything in working order.

So, you're saying that actually there'd been naval battles that did not lock the game? If the game crashes or locks up - re-load it using autosave, this may help as a temporary solution. This issue is currently our priority and we're doing our best to eliminate it.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 16
RE: Serious Lock-up - 7/27/2008 10:31:31 AM   
Lucky1

Although I have only played the game a few times, there were a couple of cases where computer-controlled combats (involving Italy) were resolved without crash. Although I can't be sure, I would guess that the Italians experienced no losses or damage in these instances....

(in reply to comrade)
Post #: 17
RE: Serious Lock-up - 8/5/2008 11:53:49 AM   
Samichlaus

I am still having this lockup after/during naval resolution. I attached the DxDiag.txt.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 18
RE: Serious Lock-up - 8/5/2008 12:25:34 PM   
comrade

We've been able to replicate this issue on one PC, and after some fixing, the problem was solved. So, likely, after you patch the game to 1.20, you won't see this happening again.  The 1.20 patch will be available on Thursday as public beta. 

(in reply to Samichlaus)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Tech Support >> Serious Lock-up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI