Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Multi-turn load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Multi-turn load Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/17/2008 3:39:44 PM   
Nemo121

Damian,

Aye I was talking about changing it so that the moved columns would stay where they were after I exited.

To be fair though I'm talking about new bells and whistles. The core programme is damned solid and hugely useful. I've finally gotten a handle on what I need where after I merged and re-assigned a whole load of bases last night.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 361
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/18/2008 1:10:03 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Damian,

Aye I was talking about changing it so that the moved columns would stay where they were after I exited.

To be fair though I'm talking about new bells and whistles. The core programme is damned solid and hugely useful. I've finally gotten a handle on what I need where after I merged and re-assigned a whole load of bases last night.

So the merge function worked okay? Damian said there were some issues...

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 362
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/18/2008 1:55:32 AM   
Nemo121

One or two bases went to unassigned... at the end of the merge I just re-assigned them to the appropriate region.  Took an additional 30 seconds. Not a big deal at all.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 363
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 2:32:08 PM   
rubisco

EDITED due to stupidity!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rubisco -- 7/20/2008 2:33:20 PM >

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 364
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 5:09:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: rubisco

EDITED due to stupidity!

< Message edited by floydg -- 7/20/2008 5:10:05 PM >

(in reply to rubisco)
Post #: 365
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 5:20:05 PM   
floydg

So here is how the multi-turn load screen ended up looking:

User can select a directory (via "normal" open dialog) and then a screen containing all valid turns are shown. Turns are valid if they have a name based on the main save file name (i.e., contain "witpxxx", where xxx is the slot number), are for the same scenario, have not yet been loaded, are not earlier than a turn already loaded. When you select the "Load" button, the program successively loads each turn.

You can also use this for single-turn loads to get a file in a different directory.

Comments?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 366
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 6:43:50 PM   
Thesix

If I understand correctly, you only test the 7 first characters (or 4) which must be "witpxxx" whatever the 8th character is, right ?
This sounds great to me.
Do you know how long does it takes for a list of files like in your exemple?

< Message edited by Thesix -- 7/20/2008 6:44:14 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 367
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 10:04:49 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thesix

If I understand correctly, you only test the 7 first characters (or 4) which must be "witpxxx" whatever the 8th character is, right ?
This sounds great to me.
Do you know how long does it takes for a list of files like in your exemple?

I mean if the filename has those 7 characters anywhere in it, it'll 'match'. For example, if your save file is "witp007.pws", you can name your files things like witp007_t125.pws, witp007.125, witp007.pws.125 (my method), t125_witp007.pws, etc.

The multi-load uses the same present single-load routine, so it's whatever that takes you multiplied by the number of selected turns. If you selected this many turns (97 in my example), you may want to go out for dinner or something...

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 368
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 10:17:47 PM   
Thesix

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
I mean if the filename has those 7 characters anywhere in it, it'll 'match'. For example, if your save file is "witp007.pws", you can name your files things like witp007_t125.pws, witp007.125, witp007.pws.125 (my method), t125_witp007.pws, etc.

The multi-load uses the same present single-load routine, so it's whatever that takes you multiplied by the number of selected turns. If you selected this many turns (97 in my example), you may want to go out for dinner or something...

Great!
I don't know what we can ask more...

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 369
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 10:23:42 PM   
Nomad

This is looking really good. Now if I only had a game actually going now, I could use it.

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 370
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 11:18:07 PM   
VSWG

This tool is incredible, even for an Allied player!

One small problem, and a couple of suggestions:

1. Does anyone else have this problem?

When I will load turn 117, the data for turn 116 will be set to 0, too. The same happens in "Ship Repairs\Ship View".

2. "Aircraft Comparison": would it be possible to add a 3rd and even 4th plane to compare? I have a fairly large LCD.  In the same screen, can you add the replacement and production rate for Allied planes?

3. In the "Base Basic History" screen, adding the percentages for Port/AF/Fort building would be the icing on the cake. Then you can easily estimate when the next level will be completed.

4. On the "Alerts" screen, can you add the location for event "LCU reaches destination"?

5. "Air Production" screen: the numbers for Allied planes in "Bld/day" and "Bld/mth" show only the Production rate, they should include the Replacement Rate (off-map production). FYI, the Replacement rate never changes, even if a newer plane type is available it will continue to fill the pools with the obsolete plane type. The Production rate will convert along the upgrade path.

6. "Air Production/Upgrades": a column with the locations (current location for upgradeable and existing air groups, place of arrival for plane groups yet to arrive) would be great!

7. I've got a lot of suggestions for the "LCUs" screen, basically turning it into a planning center for operations, but that would probably be a lot of work... Let me know if you're interested. I really wish I could help you programming this tool. 

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 371
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/20/2008 11:59:40 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thesix

quote:

Great!
I don't know what we can ask more...

Don't hold back on the suggestions. Most of what we're adding now are ideas from the forum.

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 372
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 12:00:00 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Thanks!

quote:

When I will load turn 117, the data for turn 116 will be set to 0, too. The same happens in "Ship Repairs\Ship View".

The code is supposed to fill in the missing turns with the info from the last turn loaded. Maybe I need to look at this more closely.

quote:

2. "Aircraft Comparison": would it be possible to add a 3rd and even 4th plane to compare? I have a fairly large LCD.  In the same screen, can you add the replacement and production rate for Allied planes?

When I get a lot of energy, I could look at that (I also want to compare three planes -- do I upgrade "A" to "B" or "C"?). This screen is really tedious.

quote:

3. In the "Base Basic History" screen, adding the percentages for Port/AF/Fort building would be the icing on the cake. Then you can easily estimate when the next level will be completed.

I'd like to do that, but the save file has something like "build points" in it, not percentages. If I could get the formula to convert, you'd get percentages.

quote:

4. On the "Alerts" screen, can you add the location for event "LCU reaches destination"?

Yeah, I need to do that. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to think of the right thing to do at the time.

quote:

5. "Air Production" screen: the numbers for Allied planes in "Bld/day" and "Bld/mth" show only the Production rate, they should include the Replacement Rate (off-map production). FYI, the Replacement rate never changes, even if a newer plane type is available it will continue to fill the pools with the obsolete plane type. The Production rate will convert along the upgrade path.

6. "Air Production/Upgrades": a column with the locations (current location for upgradeable and existing air groups, place of arrival for plane groups yet to arrive) would be great!

I defer to Damian on these.

quote:

7. I've got a lot of suggestions for the "LCUs" screen, basically turning it into a planning center for operations, but that would probably be a lot of work... Let me know if you're interested. I really wish I could help you programming this tool. 

Send 'em over. We're always open to ideas. Planning center sounds good.

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 7/21/2008 12:07:17 AM >

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 373
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 3:23:43 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Yes, I was neglectful with the Replacement Rate and will include it for the Allied player ...
quote:

Yes, once again, something that I had planned to do, but hadn't got around too ... rest assured I'll see to it.

Hope Floyd doesn't mind me saying, but I think I just figured out ship sunk & mine FOW too ... so hopefully if I can iron out the kinks then that will be added down the track...

Bring it on ... we like the feedback

----Damian ----

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 374
RE: Best feature Ever - 7/21/2008 4:26:58 AM   
Coach Z

I want Version 1.1.3 or 1.2 to have a special function which disables nagging spouses/significant others. Or at least palces them in a time warp so they think I (we've) only spent 10-to-15 minutes on WitP!

< Message edited by Coach Z -- 7/21/2008 4:27:18 AM >

ZUCK

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 375
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 4:35:44 AM   
bbbf

quote:

Same happens for me

Robert Lee

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 376
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 10:27:21 AM   
n01487477

BBF & VSWG,
just so that we can get a grip on what is happening, can you tell us a little more information.

I'm not seeing this in my game with Michael, but obviously it is something we can & should look at.

So ...
1. Is it after you have skipped loading turns ?
2. Is it after a base was captured/lost ? Obviously not Edmonton!
3. Has this database been migrated from the previous Tracker version?
4. Is this the same for all bases ?
5. Ummm ... any additional info or thoughts ... is it affecting the production details display for the base ?
etc

VSWG, I might add that you can somewhat compare the aircraft as a group in the aircraft screen, obviously not as nice, but you can use that for now.

(in reply to bbbf)
Post #: 377
RE: Best feature Ever - 7/21/2008 1:31:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coach Z

I want Version 1.1.3 or 1.2 to have a special function which disables nagging spouses/significant others. Or at least palces them in a time warp so they think I (we've) only spent 10-to-15 minutes on WitP!

Somebody had a rough weekend...

Which may explain the lack of a turn in my inbox.

(in reply to Coach Z)
Post #: 378
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 1:34:26 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

BBF & VSWG,
just so that we can get a grip on what is happening, can you tell us a little more information.

I'm not seeing this in my game with Michael, but obviously it is something we can & should look at.

So ...
5. Ummm ... any additional info or thoughts ... is it affecting the production details display for the base ?
etc

VSWG, I might add that you can somewhat compare the aircraft as a group in the aircraft screen, obviously not as nice, but you can use that for now.

Yeah, I did do some experimenting and I don't think it's #1 (I skipped 4 turns and it seems to have tracked fine -- but I did discover and fix another nasty "lock up" problem with turn loading).

Can you possibly send some turns that reproduce the problem? For example, if you initialize the program with turn 114 and then load turn 115, do the values for turn 114 get set to 0? What if you load turn 116? If you can, send me those turns (witptracker@gmail.com).

Thanks,

Floyd

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 379
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 2:07:09 PM   
Panther Bait

quote:

I do have that same problem. Like yours it seemed to happen when I skipped loading a turn (112 in your example). The information above the skipped turn (3 turns in my case) displays correctly, but everything except the most recent turn is all zeros. In my case, this is consistent over all the multi-turn tracking screens.

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 380
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 2:15:10 PM   
Panther Bait

quote:

BBF & VSWG,

So ...
etc

As a follow-up since I am having the same problem.

1. It certainly seems to have started in my case when I skipped 3 turns in a row.
2. See No. 4 below
3. Yes, my database has been upgraded several times. I've had the same problem in at least 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.
4. Yes, in fact in my case, it happens in all of the multi-turn tracking type screens like bases, ship repair, etc.
5. It does not seem to affect the alerts or the victory points screens.

Thanks again for this awesome, time saving WitP tool.

Mike

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 381
LCU replacement - 7/21/2008 2:17:34 PM   
Micke II

I use the WITP tracker on a regular basis by loading every turn of my PBEM and its works fine.

By using the informations displayed by the different screens I am now able to monitor my industry and detect immediately when a problem arise (shortage of ressources, supply, oil ....)
It's also very easy to follow the production of shisp, aircrafts. It's really a fantastic tool.
It's is possible to see how the replacements in amement, vehicles and men are used and in which LCU they are going ?

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 382
RE: LCU replacement - 7/21/2008 2:59:22 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Micke II
I use the WITP tracker on a regular basis by loading every turn of my PBEM and its works fine.

By using the informations displayed by the different screens I am now able to monitor my industry and detect immediately when a problem arise (shortage of ressources, supply, oil ....)
It's also very easy to follow the production of shisp, aircrafts. It's really a fantastic tool.
It's is possible to see how the replacements in amement, vehicles and men are used and in which LCU they are going ?

Thanks Panther Bait & Micke II, always good to have positive reinforcement to keep us working

That is something I have considered, as like you, I want to see flows of where things are going, but am unsure that users want to wade though numerous alerts of this type each turn ... anyway, Floyd and I will put it in the things to consider tab for later ... and maybe we can place it in the LCU production tab, when I finally do all the devices.

But as always fixes are our priority, then enhancements ...
Cheers and thanks
---Damian---

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/21/2008 3:04:37 PM >

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 383
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 11:13:01 PM   
VSWG

quote:

quote:

I'd like to do that, but the save file has something like "build points" in it, not percentages. If I could get the formula to convert, you'd get percentages.

Interesting. Does this help?

quote:

When constructing Airbase and/or Port object (if their intended build values are below or equal to SPSs) the cost in time is as follows:

Size 0->1 = each ENG squad constructs 0.002500 (1/400) of object
Size 1->2 = each ENG squad constructs 0.001667 (1/600) of object
Size 2->3 = each ENG squad constructs 0.001250 (1/800) of object
Size 3->4 = each ENG squad constructs 0.001000 (1/1000) of object
Size 4->5 = each ENG squad constructs 0.000833 (1/1200) of object
Size 5->6 = each ENG squad constructs 0.000714 (1/1400) of object
Size 6->7 = each ENG squad constructs 0.000625 (1/1600) of object
Size 7->8 = each ENG squad constructs 0.000555 (1/1800) of object
Size 8->9 = each ENG squad constructs 0.000500 (1/2000) of object

NOTE: I am 100% sure in values above!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=710121

If not, I'm quite confident that we could work out the formula for build points - building bases seems to be a rather linear process.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 384
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 11:21:09 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

quote:

I do have that same problem. Like yours it seemed to happen when I skipped loading a turn (112 in your example). The information above the skipped turn (3 turns in my case) displays correctly, but everything except the most recent turn is all zeros. In my case, this is consistent over all the multi-turn tracking screens.

To figure this out, I'll need to see turn files. I can't seem to reproduce this using my save files.

Floyd

(in reply to Panther Bait)
Post #: 385
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/21/2008 11:40:36 PM   
VSWG

quote:

BBF & VSWG,

So ...

This is indeed the problem. I reinstalled Tracker and loaded the same turns, without skipping turn 112 - now all numbers are correctly displayed.

quote:

No.

quote:

No.

quote:

Yes.

quote:

etc

See above. Do you still need saves so that this problem doesn't appear when someone forgets to load a turn?

EDIT: Crosspost. Saves are on the way.

< Message edited by VSWG -- 7/21/2008 11:41:03 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 386
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/22/2008 1:27:35 AM   
ny59giants

Damian and/or Floyd,

Have any further communications gone out to the AE team to see what can be done to ensure this great tool can be used with it??  It would be a shame for it not to be used there.

Michael

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 387
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/22/2008 3:48:24 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

BBF & VSWG,

So ...

This is indeed the problem. I reinstalled Tracker and loaded the same turns, without skipping turn 112 - now all numbers are correctly displayed.

Glad it wasn't a problem with the (current) program. I usually skip turns and that should have no effect. See below (with your save files):

Floyd

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 388
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/22/2008 9:43:22 PM   
wild_Willie2

WOW!. I just tried the tracker and I must say that this is EXCELLENT!!!

Just seeing how much you are actually producing and which city's need oil/resources STAT is worth gold, let alone all the upgrade stuf.

by the way, I was SHOCKED to see just how much spoilage I am having each turn per city.....  I HOPE the figure under spoilage shows the loss of supply per month and NOT per day.......

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 389
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/25/2008 10:14:10 PM   
F6frc

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

WOW!. I just tried the tracker and I must say that this is EXCELLENT!!!

Just seeing how much you are actually producing and which city's need oil/resources STAT is worth gold, let alone all the upgrade stuf.

by the way, I was SHOCKED to see just how much spoilage I am having each turn per city.....  I HOPE the figure under spoilage shows the loss of supply per month and NOT per day.......

Good stuff guys... Keep it up!

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Multi-turn load Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI