Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unitīs Omission?????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unitīs Omission????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unitīs Omission????? - 10/4/2000 11:18:00 PM   
gorgias96

Iīve been playing the japanese campaing with the new WaW v. 4.2 and iīve observed a rare omission. Two units the 75mm Type 88 (heavy flak) and the Type 95 Scout (scout vehicle) donīt appear in any where. Both of them are displayed in the enciclopedy but itīs impossible purchase in some formation or upgrade units screen. What class of extrange error is this? Has anybody observed this too? The most extrange is that in v. 4 and in "games" saved of that version i have 75mm flaks in my army. Is it a simple oversight or is there any "historical" reason? Would i must modify the OOB for correct it? Please comprove it and say to me if you had observed the same. Thx

Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 11:26:00 PM   
AbramsGunner

I saw the same thing after beating the Polish in the first battle of a german long campaign in September 1939, i go to upgrade my armored car to a pzkmpf IIIe and IT'S NOT THERE! only armored car and light tanks are shown (all other units are present too) Where are the Med tanks at?

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 2
- 10/4/2000 11:26:00 PM   
David F. Wall

I don't know, but it sounds similar to the problem I was having with Coastal Guns in the British OOB. Comments, anyone?

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 3
- 10/4/2000 11:43:00 PM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by gorgias96: Iīve been playing the japanese campaing with the new WaW v. 4.2 and iīve observed a rare omission. Two units the 75mm Type 88 (heavy flak) and the Type 95 Scout (scout vehicle) donīt appear in any where. Please comprove it and say to me if you had observed the same. Thx
I have the same problem, but with Maus. And there are some strange costs of some units. Russian pioneers and engineers have the same cost, but pioneers have +10exp.? And the same thing with some tanks. Or am I missing something?

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 4
- 10/5/2000 12:15:00 AM   
Voriax

Hello A number of new unit types was introduced in 4.1. This has caused situations where some new types have no formations. For example that Maus is now classed 'Super heavy tank' so it will not appear in any other kind of formations. When you find cases where some unit is unavailable please compile a list and post it at the 4.1 oob bug thread, thus it might eventually be fixed Abramsgunner, when I start a random battle in sept. 39 those Pz-IIIe's are available. It may be possible that the upgrade code now does not allow change from armoured car to med tank. Did you have any other tanks, and if you did were you able to change them to Pz-III's? blackbird, the +10 units are elite units. Other countries also have them, there is also second line -10 troops. As the pricing in oob's are based (roughly) based on firepower and not experience you see them priced same. Also, did you have true troop cost option on or off? Voriax ------------------ OOB-Wan Kenobi

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 5
- 10/5/2000 12:37:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

What happened was I changed some of those unit classes and made up formations for them but in the final production process managed to overwrite the formation templates, so the formations vanished... We will see about a "quick fix" to get the units back available ASAP.

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 6
- 10/5/2000 12:44:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: What happened was I changed some of those unit classes and made up formations for them but in the final production process managed to overwrite the formation templates, so the formations vanished... We will see about a "quick fix" to get the units back available ASAP.
Thanks Paul! Appreciate your hard working to please all of us, even the ones you can't please. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 7
- 10/5/2000 2:04:00 AM   
Warhorse

This problem seems to be with all the latest classes that were put in, NO UPGRADES!! Like was said in another thread, the mech exe is like a bowl of jello, you push here to fix one bug, another pushes up over there;-( ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 8
- 10/5/2000 6:27:00 AM   
Blackbird

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: Hello blackbird, the +10 units are elite units. Other countries also have them, there is also second line -10 troops. As the pricing in oob's are based (roughly) based on firepower and not experience you see them priced same. Also, did you have true troop cost option on or off?
But in some cases the same unit with more exp costs more, and some units have same price as them with more exp. Get it? :-)) All options but CC are on.

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 9
- 10/5/2000 11:32:00 PM   
gorgias96

Yes itīs true I just observe it. The new "class" Heavy Flak and some others too donīt have formation that include them. Iīll fix it with the OOB editor. Thx to everybody for confirm what i suspected

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 10
- 10/6/2000 4:29:00 AM   
Sturmtiger

Got the same problem here. Wanted to upgrade my heavy trucks to "sdkfz-7" - it's not available... Same with the "Pz-IIIe" "Pz-38t" and "Pz-35t"... Anyone having an idea how to fix that???

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Unitīs Omission????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI