Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hang-Up Bug, the second!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hang-Up Bug, the second! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hang-Up Bug, the second! - 10/5/2000 1:03:00 AM   
Jay_Dee

Hi! I have a problem with SSPWaW. Im using a 450MHz Celeron on a Win98SE System. When i deploy the teams, and want to push "start Game", the Game closes to the windows screen, but the System does not hang up! What could cause this crash??? Can anyone help me?? best.. Jay_Dee

Post #: 1
- 10/5/2000 1:15:00 AM   
Schrullenhaft

Are you able to play any scenarios or campaigns ? Are you overclocking your Celeron ? If you are you may want to clock it down (temporarily) to the actual rated speed to see if this problem continues. Have you played any previous versions of SPWAW with your system before ? Are you using the latest version (4.2) and if not, what version are you using currently ?

(in reply to Jay_Dee)
Post #: 2
- 10/5/2000 6:30:00 AM   
Captn_Jack

I was getting all kinds of lock-ups in game play, set-up, you name it. I removed all hardware acceleration for the video card and changed the swap file to the largest partition (free space) on the hd making it all available for Windows. So far, I have not had anymore lock-ups. Even got to play my first online game. Worked great! Might work for you too. CJ

M(1)&M(9)'s...they melt in your tank...not in your hand!

(in reply to Jay_Dee)
Post #: 3
- 10/6/2000 8:36:00 PM   
Jay_Dee

Hey! Im using a Cel. 300@ 450 MHz (but i NEVER!! had problems in overclocking with that prozessor!) Ok, i will clock it down to the original speed (My System is currently down, i only can try it on Monday) 4.2 (ca. 350MB) is the first version of WaW im using. Before i played SSP III, it worked on my system, >> no Problems! Ok, ad i will disable all hardware accerlerations on my videocard (ASUS V3400 TNT / TV) sorry, i do not have any informations about the swap file (my english is very lousy, and im using a german WIN version) how can i change the Swap file??? best... Jay_Dee

(in reply to Jay_Dee)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Hang-Up Bug, the second! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI