Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do YOU fix your Lost Leaders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> How do YOU fix your Lost Leaders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do YOU fix your Lost Leaders - 4/8/2002 11:52:15 AM   
Big T

Just thought i'd ask since it seems that a lot of us are dealing with the "lost leader" bug, and have gotten Anthony's quick fix proggy. I wanted to throw this out there to get and give some ideas.

Since I don't have any way of keeping track of ALL my leaders stats, I usually make them similer to the other units in the platoon. (My lost leaders have always been Armor) Obviously the most important rating(s) are the Arm value and rally. Othertimes, when i'm in a rush with a good battle going I just set them to 90 rally, 50 for the others (arty, and Inf) and 99 for the Arm.

Looking back I'm probably giving those guys an advantadge, but I guess it comes out in the wash since it usually takes a turn or 2 with them below 20 (and not hitting sh*t) for me to notice there is a problem with the unit.

Comments or suggestions?

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)
Post #: 1
- 4/8/2002 8:09:27 PM   
mikel

I use Campaign Watcher to keep track of leader stats. At the beginning of each battle I take a snapshot and compare it with the previous battle's beginning snapshot. Lost leaders are easy to see this way. I then use the stats from the previous battle to fix any lost leaders with Anthony's program. It's simple, quick and has greatly reduced my blood pressure readings:D

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 2
I Agree! - 4/8/2002 9:25:06 PM   
John David

I agree with mikel ,

I also use Campaign Watcher and take a snapshot before & after each battle.

I also, sometimes if the battle is 20+ turns, take a snapshot every 10 turns to keep track of how my units ratings are changing.

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 3
Re: I Agree! - 4/9/2002 3:59:35 AM   
Big T

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John David
[B]I agree with mikel ,

I also use Campaign Watcher and take a snapshot before & after each battle.

I also, sometimes if the battle is 20+ turns, take a snapshot every 10 turns to keep track of how my units ratings are changing.

John [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Sh*t!! For some reason I was under the impression the "Campaign watcher" was incompatible with the MC's. Are you doing something special for CW to work with the MC's?

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 4
Use It For MC's Too! - 4/9/2002 4:04:48 AM   
John David

Big T,

When you set the folders for CW to look into for creating the data,
one of the folders is MC Saves. You can then use it for MC unit tracking.
:cool:

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Big T)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> How do YOU fix your Lost Leaders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI