Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Multi-turn load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Multi-turn load Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Multi-turn load - 7/25/2008 10:31:10 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

WOW!. I just tried the tracker and I must say that this is EXCELLENT!!!

Just seeing how much you are actually producing and which city's need oil/resources STAT is worth gold, let alone all the upgrade stuf.

by the way, I was SHOCKED to see just how much spoilage I am having each turn per city.....  I HOPE the figure under spoilage shows the loss of supply per month and NOT per day.......

I believe it's the amount that could be spoiled. I suppose there's some random amount of that spoiled per turn.

< Message edited by floydg -- 7/25/2008 10:32:47 PM >

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 391
Help needed ... - 7/27/2008 4:35:58 AM   
n01487477

Guys,
is there anyone out there with a game going where they have made note of the turns when a ship was sunk and what ship that was?
I'm sure I've found the FOW delay point & sunk indicator, and this is the last thing to discover...

I think I have found the data point of what turn a ship was sunk ... but I want to do some detailed analysis before I pass it onto Floyd.(we don't want, for obvious reasons to get this wrong)
So what I would like from you is the game file and a sheet of information detailing the ship and the turn no it was sunk ...(just your side)

Then if I'm correct you can do away with that and tracker will do it all for you in a build coming to you soon

PM me and I'll send my email or send it to the trackeremail address and Floyd will pass it onto me ...

Thanks in advance ...

---Damian---

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 7/27/2008 4:46:11 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 392
RE: Help needed ... - 7/28/2008 3:13:15 PM   
n01487477

Want to thank Thesix & Roger for their responses ... lastly if anyone has a file laying around of a game in '43 or beyond, where ships have been sunk but maybe not reported... please Pm me. (I've never got so far, for one reason or another)... Anyway, I think I've narrowed it down, just last tests ...

Or I have to set the computer to run overnight and see how far it gets, pity though that the turns take so much longer when doing this.

Can be V AI, or PBEM ...

Thanks in advance.

---Damian---

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 393
RE: Help needed ... - 7/28/2008 9:16:06 PM   
Roger Neilson II

I can certainly give you a game that is running in late '43. There have been the odd sinking in the last few turns.

Let me know if you want it. I have game saves from way back on this one.

Roger

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 394
RE: Help needed ... - 7/29/2008 4:53:45 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Ok three turns on your way....

Roger

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 395
RE: Help needed ... - 7/30/2008 4:28:20 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II
Ok three turns on your way....
Roger

Thanks Roger,
with those files I was able to confirm what I wanted ... I'll let Floyd know. Now onto fixing some bugs and seeing if I can add some user requests.
Cheers
--Damian--

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 396
Mines ... - 8/2/2008 5:03:32 AM   
n01487477

Hi fellow trackers ...

Looking into mines & would like to elicit some thoughts ...

So, I'm working out Mines and mine FOW, which I have pretty tight now, having moved on from Ship sunk FOW.

I can determine the number of total mines at a hex & break it up into Allied and Japanese side (if there are both at a hex).

Floyd and I obviously would not show all that information...
But the game never allows the player to see how many of their own mines are at a portbase, which is owned by the other side. Do you think that that information should be shown as well as mine numbers at their own bases? Or would this be breaking FOW? (I can't see how really, but am open to thoughts)

---Damian---

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 397
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 5:39:01 AM   
ny59giants

I wish I knew how many mines I have at an enemy port. I don't see that it violates fog of war. In our game, I had to expand one of my bases to port 1 in order to know how many mines I have there. If the port is still a size 0, then you don't know. Will this version of Tracker allow me to know how many mines I have if the port is still size 0?? I don't want to build up a port just to see this (and not give you a working port).  

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 398
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 5:47:10 AM   
n01487477

quote:

I wish I knew how many mines I have at an enemy port. I don't see that it violates fog of war. In our game, I had to expand one of my bases to port 1 in order to know how many mines I have there. If the port is still a size 0, then you don't know. Will this version of Tracker allow me to know how many mines I have if the port is still size 0?? I don't want to build up a port just to see this (and not give you a working port).

The data we can provide is not dependant on the port size, but ultimately it is up to forum users plus Floyd and myself to determine whether we provide this level of detail. Like you, I don't see a problem ... but I'm waiting for someone to say otherwise...

Thanks for the input ... anyone else ?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 399
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 11:56:57 AM   
Nomad

I don't think you should know how many mines you have at an enemy mined port. You are giving information on how effective the enemy is at sweeping your mines there. We already get way too much info on minesweeping as it is.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 400
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 12:13:54 PM   
Mistmatz

I second what Nomad said. Provide the information that the game offers in the best way possible (as you already do in so many cases) but dont give anything away tat the game doesn't.
Generally i'd prefer way less information from the game, thus more fog of war. But as it is the data available should be shown but nothing more.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 401
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 2:06:15 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

I don't think you should know how many mines you have at an enemy mined port. You are giving information on how effective the enemy is at sweeping your mines there. We already get way too much info on minesweeping as it is.

I was going to suggest asking some of the folks working on AE if there was a reason this info wasn't provided, but Nomad's reason is plenty good enough to convince me. I concur that this is info that should not be provided.

As for what ny57 mentioned about not being told the mine total at your own bases with port size less than 1, I think that should be provided, and was probably an oversight on the developers part.

When I get home from vacation, I'm finally going to install Tracker. Looking forward to the fruits of all your hard labor, Damian and Floyd!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 402
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 2:12:50 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

As for what ny57 mentioned about not being told the mine total at your own bases with port size less than 1, I think that should be provided, and was probably an oversight on the developers part.

Well that goes to a question of weather a size 0 port is even a port at all.

If it is not a port, it is really no different than any other coastal hex. So should you know how many mines you have in a coastal hex?

I suppose the designers decided a Size 0 port is not a port until it becomes Size 1.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 403
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 3:29:58 PM   
Nomad

It's also interresting to note that you can not select a size 0 port as a target for aerial mining. This strengthens Treespiders statement that the designers did not consider a size 0 port to be an actual port - not an oversight at all.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 404
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 4:35:05 PM   
VSWG

Another vote for not including information about mines in enemy and dot hexes.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 405
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 4:43:36 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

I'll add my vote for non-inclusion about mines in enemy and dot hexes.

Flipper

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 406
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 5:12:46 PM   
n01487477

Thanks for the thoughts & well wishes ...

I think that pretty much finalises the matter ... non-inclusion seems the best way to go.

I'm glad I brought the matter up, hopefully we'll include it in the next release, if time permits.

Cheers
---Damian---

PS. Should I dare ask whether you want to know what mines types (device no.) are at non-hex/dot player controlled Lvl 1+ Port ... I know, I know ... if you can't see it in the game then ... then NO!

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 407
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 5:27:17 PM   
Nomad

Actually, I don't think that would be a problem. You should know how many of each type mine you have put at your own port.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 408
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 10:52:52 PM   
JeffroK

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Ditto

(With this many votes you could get elected as prez of the USA)

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 409
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 10:55:58 PM   
JeffroK

quote:

Actually, I don't think that would be a problem. You should know how many of each type mine you have put at your own port.

I reckon,

this should be a FOW type answer, +- 20%??

While you should know what has been laid, how many have drifted, become inert etc etc.

Plus, there should be a small (.5%?) chance of hitting one of your own mines. It happened a number of times through poor navigation or drifting mines.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 410
RE: Mines ... - 8/3/2008 11:14:39 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: JeffK

quote:

I reckon,

this should be a FOW type answer, +- 20%??

While you should know what has been laid, how many have drifted, become inert etc etc.

Plus, there should be a small (.5%?) chance of hitting one of your own mines. It happened a number of times through poor navigation or drifting mines.

I don't see any real FOW on this. If you keep notes, you know when you laid mines, how many, and what type. This would just be a help from having to keep manual track of what you laid there. You already know how many total are there so using notes and a small spreadsheet you could know very closely how many of each mine you have.

And there already is a chance of hitting your own mines.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 8/3/2008 11:15:09 PM >

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 411
RE: Mines ... - 8/4/2008 11:11:52 AM   
Chris21wen

Another vote for including information about mines in enemy and dot hexes as I don't remember.  Sometimes I can't even remember laying them let alone know how many.   Actually any mine field should be an estimate anyway, maybe small, medium etc.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 412
RE: Mines ... - 8/4/2008 11:13:26 PM   
floydg

I'm against showing anything in the WitPTracker that the game itself would not provide or a player could determine on their own.
So showing the "size" of minefields at enemy bases (or coastal hexes) really is not something we should be doing, don't you think?
I'm also a bit leary about showing the size of minefields at friendly ports, since all the game does is show a total number and not how each field deteriorates over time (I'm not sure a player could really track that, could they?).

Floyd

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 413
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/12/2008 4:13:17 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121
quote:

3. The AIR UPGRADE screen works for the first model selected but then no longer works at all for me. No matter what model I select the information is the same as it was for the first model. It is like it is frozen at the first model.

Finally figured out why this is happening Nemo, it comes down to your Mod using Allied a/c types AS Japanese which have no engines (this is so the player has to upgrade them to IJN/A) ... this is throwing an exception. You have RTAF R3/5th Air Wing coming in Aug and the other initial units are causing this ONLY for Empires Ablaze. Once they are upgraded or arrive there should be no problem ... but I will fix it from my end too ...

At least that is what I think is the primary cause. I know about the other issues on this screen, but am just bug chasing right now, not enhancing.

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 8/12/2008 4:31:44 AM >

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 414
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 4:01:29 AM   
scott64

I an having issues with version 1.2. In the industry section, global sub tab, where the turn by turn total of HI, supply, resources, etc. You can see that there are 7 figures of totals ever decreasing each turn. Everything was fine for the first 15 turns, on turn 15 I had xxxxxxx of supply fuel, oil and resources, on turn 16 I now have xxxxxx supply, xxxxxx fuel, xxx oil, and xxxx resources. And it is that way for  next few turns. I do recall that the totals went up to 7 digets on a previous turn, but revert to the lower totals on the next turn. 

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 415
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 5:28:40 AM   
bbbf

I don't know whether anyone else has asked for it, but a print option would be great!

Robert Lee

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 416
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 5:29:46 AM   
scott64

quote:

ORIGINAL: bbbf

I don't know whether anyone else has asked for it, but a print option would be great!

Motion seconded

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to bbbf)
Post #: 417
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 9:52:38 AM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

quote:

Motion seconded

Me too.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 418
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 11:01:51 PM   
floydg

quote:

I an having issues with version 1.2. In the industry section, global sub tab, where the turn by turn total of HI, supply, resources, etc. You can see that there are 7 figures of totals ever decreasing each turn. Everything was fine for the first 15 turns, on turn 15 I had xxxxxxx of supply fuel, oil and resources, on turn 16 I now have xxxxxx supply, xxxxxx fuel, xxx oil, and xxxx resources. And it is that way for  next few turns. I do recall that the totals went up to 7 digets on a previous turn, but revert to the lower totals on the next turn. 

Can you post a screen shot of this? I can take a look while Damian is off on holiday and I finalize the next release (days away).

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 419
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/21/2008 11:04:17 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

quote:

quote:

Motion seconded

Me too.

It's on our list. There is a decent amount of programming that goes into supporting printing (I wish it was easy), so we're trying to add all of the "basic" functions first and then move on to the "extras".

Floyd

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Multi-turn load Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI