Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 12:08:48 AM   
Uamaga

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

It's on our list. There is a decent amount of programming that goes into supporting printing (I wish it was easy), so we're trying to add all of the "basic" functions first and then move on to the "extras".

Floyd

What about something like "export to CSV file" feature? Dunno if it would make everybody happy but may be less work and one could import such file to Excel (or similar) and print as is or make additional cals/adjustments if needed.

PS Thanks for your great efforts so far!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 421
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 2:53:53 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uamaga

quote:

It's on our list. There is a decent amount of programming that goes into supporting printing (I wish it was easy), so we're trying to add all of the "basic" functions first and then move on to the "extras".

Floyd

What about something like "export to CSV file" feature? Dunno if it would make everybody happy but may be less work and one could import such file to Excel (or similar) and print as is or make additional cals/adjustments if needed.

PS Thanks for your great efforts so far!

Yes, it's certainly easier to output to a file than a printer (outputting to a printer requries "drawing" the text to the page, but sending data to a file is relatively easy).

And thanks for the compliments. The next version, with a few neat additions, is only days away.

(in reply to Uamaga)
Post #: 422
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 3:49:33 AM   
bbbf

Thanks for all the efforts to date!

Dumping to a csv would be good!

Robert Lee

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 423
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 6:47:06 AM   
scott64

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

I an having issues with version 1.2. In the industry section, global sub tab, where the turn by turn total of HI, supply, resources, etc. You can see that there are 7 figures of totals ever decreasing each turn. Everything was fine for the first 15 turns, on turn 15 I had xxxxxxx of supply fuel, oil and resources, on turn 16 I now have xxxxxx supply, xxxxxx fuel, xxx oil, and xxxx resources. And it is that way for  next few turns. I do recall that the totals went up to 7 digets on a previous turn, but revert to the lower totals on the next turn. 

Can you post a screen shot of this? I can take a look while Damian is off on holiday and I finalize the next release (days away).

Here you go

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by scott1964 -- 8/24/2008 4:37:56 AM >

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 424
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 2:00:46 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

I an having issues with version 1.2. In the industry section, global sub tab, where the turn by turn total of HI, supply, resources, etc. You can see that there are 7 figures of totals ever decreasing each turn. Everything was fine for the first 15 turns, on turn 15 I had xxxxxxx of supply fuel, oil and resources, on turn 16 I now have xxxxxx supply, xxxxxx fuel, xxx oil, and xxxx resources. And it is that way for  next few turns. I do recall that the totals went up to 7 digets on a previous turn, but revert to the lower totals on the next turn. 

Can you post a screen shot of this? I can take a look while Damian is off on holiday and I finalize the next release (days away).

Here you go

The functions that compute the data are fairly simple and seem to be solid. The only case I think of here is that one or more turns did not completely finish loading, so the history function didn't have all of the available turns to compute the sums properly.
Did you have any turn loading issues?

Floyd

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 425
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 2:04:28 PM   
scott64

Not that I am am aware of

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 426
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/22/2008 11:03:35 PM   
floydg

quote:

Not that I am am aware of

Can you check the resource history of some of your bases to see if the same problem happens (for that base)? The Industry screen uses the same function as the per-base screen, so this could help me narrow down the issue.

Floyd

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 427
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/23/2008 12:47:31 AM   
scout1

Not getting anything in my Alert screen. Should this happen on my first time load or do I have an issue ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 428
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/23/2008 1:33:05 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Not getting anything in my Alert screen. Should this happen on my first time load or do I have an issue ?

The alerts show up after you load a new turn. Most of the alerts are computed by comparing the old turn with the new turn, so you need one more turn in addition to the initial one.

Floyd

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 429
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/23/2008 7:36:57 AM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

quote:

The alerts show up after you load a new turn. Most of the alerts are computed by comparing the old turn with the new turn, so you need one more turn in addition to the initial one.

Floyd

Send me some turns Scott. I'll try to make sure your alert screen is full of bad news...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 430
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/23/2008 8:50:15 PM   
scout1

ok hot shot ..... turn inbound. gove it your best shot .....

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

quote:

quote:

Floyd

Send me some turns Scott. I'll try to make sure your alert screen is full of bad news...

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 431
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 8/23/2008 9:11:51 PM   
scout1

ok,, now it makes 2 game turns sitting in your in basket .........

quote:

ok hot shot ..... turn inbound. gove it your best shot .....

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

quote:

quote:

Floyd

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 432
WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 1:38:19 AM   
floydg

Version 1.2 of WitPTracker is now available from the usual place (http://witptracker.googlepages.com).

The following problems have been fixed:
  • Comparing LCUs and Comparing Air Groups sometimes hangs the program. Changes were made to eliminate (or drastically reduce) this.
  • LCU reaching a destination that is loaded on a ship no longer generates an alert.
  • LCU history for components was fixed.
  • Aircraft normal and extended ranges added to aircraft comparison screen (and it accounts for drop tanks)
  • “Automatic” resizing of main window fixed

The following features / changes have been added:
  • Multiple-load of turns function added
  • Industry panel's Report tab allows for comparison with another turn
  • Industry panel's Overview tab adds a Device History screen
  • Industry panel Resource History screens show if a value increased or decreased with colored arrows
  • Air Production panel Overview tab has an Air Groups view on the bottom panel, in addition to the two other views
  • Air Production panel Upgrades tab shows the Air Group location in all tables now
  • Ship Upgrade panel shows where the TF is headed if the ship is in a TF
  • Filters added to Air Loss tab in Victory Points panel
  • Bases controlled, daily air points lost and ship VP's added to Victory Points panel. This information is populated on the first new turn read if you're using an upgraded database.
  • Sunk ships new tab in Victory Points panel (database upgrade populates the initial set, but all with a sunk turn of 0)
  • In the Naval summary, ships sunk for both sides are shown
  • Political Points added to LCU Production panel

Enjoy!

Floyd and Damian

(in reply to scout1)
  • Post #: 433
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:24:44 AM   
    alaviner

I think I just scrambled my database.  I was upgrading and noticed errors showing up because I misset the directory in the properties file. I meant to minimize the DOS window but closed it instead.  Now that I fixed the properties file the initial line in dos window pops up but nothing else happens after a good long wait.  I did not back up the database before I started.  Do you have any suggestions. 

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 434
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:30:39 AM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

I think I just scrambled my database.  I was upgrading and noticed errors showing up because I misset the directory in the properties file. I meant to minimize the DOS window but closed it instead.  Now that I fixed the properties file the initial line in dos window pops up but nothing else happens after a good long wait.  I did not back up the database before I started.  Do you have any suggestions. 

I would try again using a copy of the backup. I tested several upgrades and also Coach Z sucessfully did an upgrade.

Floyd

(in reply to alaviner)
    Post #: 435
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:37:08 AM   
    scott64

Ok, I ran another turn and this turned up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 436
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 5:03:37 AM   
    alaviner

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCSUforest

I would try again using a copy of the backup. I tested several upgrades and also Coach Z sucessfully did an upgrade.

Floyd

I tried to rename the trackerdb.backup to tracker.data and it initialized with the current turn no old turns.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 437
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 10:12:31 AM   
    n01487477

Hi all I'm back,
    I had a great time in Osaka and Kyoto ... if you are into looking at some great historical sites, then I recommend Kyoto. The Imperial Palace and Castle is amazing, as are the numerous temples. Osaka Castle is also pretty cool.

Scott1964 ~ sorry to hear about the problem you are having, I'm in agreement with Floyd that the problem you are encountering is probably due to a read error. I have never seen this error before, if it happens again could you please send either myself or Floyd the turn before the error and the turn you get the error.

NCSUForest ~ Unless you have the old Tracker in a different location, with the old DB, then I think you are going to have to start again. Of course if you have all the old save files, you could use the multi-load to get back up to speed.

• Something I probably forgot to tell Floyd is that on the Air Production screen, I've also included the Off-map building for the Allies. As well as an "approx" representation of Political Points for LCU's on the LCU production screen.

Hope you all enjoy the new release ...
    Let us know what you think ...

And remember to back up the old tracker, at least until you have the new one working correctly.
    What I do is:
    1. Download the new version.
    2. Unzip to a new location.
    3. Copy files (shown in the pic) + the last save file.
    4. Start the new Tracker and see if it is working. It will say Upgrading DB.
    5. Try to load a new turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to alaviner)
  • Post #: 438
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 12:31:31 PM   
    floydg

quote:

Ok, I ran another turn and this turned up.

When you looked at the data for Turn 25 (before you loaded Turn 26), did everything look okay (with regard to turns 17 - 25's data)?
    Are you seeing the same thing for the Base's Resource History?

(in reply to scott64)
    Post #: 439
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 3:47:13 PM   
    Roger Neilson II

Ships sunk!

Yay!!!!!!!

Thx guys

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 440
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:01:38 PM   
    n01487477

No problems Roger, glad to make it available ... certainly took us long enough to work out FOW. There are two places you can find ship sunk info:- the Summary and Victory Points screens.

Unfortunately the original WITP team decided not to give dates or turns when a ship was sunk, but as you continue to load and sink ships, Tracker will keep a record of when and how... so although we can not go back, we can go forward... all ships sunk to date are set to 0. Future ships sunk, even if that be your precious CV's will have the correct turn no.

Cheers
    ---Damian---

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 8/24/2008 4:02:44 PM >

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
    Post #: 441
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:11:33 PM   
    eloso

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

What I do is:
    1. Download the new version.
    2. Unzip to a new location.
    3. Copy files (shown in the pic) + the last save file.
    4. Start the new Tracker and see if it is working. It will say Upgrading DB.
    5. Try to load a new turn.

This worked beautifully. Thanks for the update!

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 442
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:26:02 PM   
    floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

No problems Roger, glad to make it available ... certainly took us long enough to work out FOW. There are two places you can find ship sunk info:- the Summary and Victory Points screens.

Unfortunately the original WITP team decided not to give dates or turns when a ship was sunk, but as you continue to load and sink ships, Tracker will keep a record of when and how... so although we can not go back, we can go forward... all ships sunk to date are set to 0. Future ships sunk, even if that be your precious CV's will have the correct turn no.

Cheers
    ---Damian---

Thanks to Damian for finding the relevant info. And suffering through the process of convincing me it was correct.

At least this is the case (setting the sunk turn to 0) for upgraded databases. If you re-start from the beginning, everything should be correct.

We compute the turn a ship was sunk as follows:
    - for your own ships, it's the first save game file in which the ship shows up as sunk (this is important if you skip turns)
    - for enemy ships, if the ship is outright reported as sunk in the game, it shows up as sunk on the turn it happened (as above). If there is some Fog-of-War delay, the ship shows up sunk when the ship would appear in your Intel screen as sunk.

We also generate an alert when the ship is sunk, so those delayed ships would be alerted (I hate it when a delayed sunk report goes un-noticed for a while...)

Floyd

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 443
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/24/2008 4:26:35 PM   
    VSWG

Installed v1.2 in a new directory, loaded 10 turns (CHS PBEM) with the new feature - no problems at all! 

Thanks for the update.

(in reply to eloso)
    Post #: 444
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/25/2008 1:40:21 AM   
    scott64

Ok. I 'am trying to understand the changing amounts.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to VSWG)
    Post #: 445
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/25/2008 1:50:46 AM   
    scott64

Upgraded to the new version. I get a hanging when  I try to look at the  victory points as background is bleeding when I try to access another pull down menu. Memory might be low. 

(in reply to scott64)
    Post #: 446
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/25/2008 2:02:42 AM   
    n01487477

Scott,
    Sorry, I was a bit punch drunk from travelling last night .. I now see what is going on, each time you load, the turn before changes again...

Also just read your latest post about the lock up ... I'm not sure this is memory or from your previous problem.

Can you tell me, if you look at the resource tab, are the totals showing correctly ?
    What about if you do a history of Resources on one of the other Production Tabs (Oil/Res)?
    Also can you look at some of your Bases and do a Res history on them to see if there are problems...

Because you have multiple problems ... I hate to say it but I'd start clean again, if you have the previous save files, I'd set it to multi-load a few turns and then see if you are still having the same problems.

I'm sorry that you have been hit with this ... we will try to continue to get to the bottom of it, but we need some of the information Floyd and I asked for ...

---Damian---

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 8/25/2008 2:03:13 AM >

(in reply to scott64)
    Post #: 447
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/25/2008 11:54:00 PM   
    scott64

Not sure what happened On turn 27 or 28 now

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 448
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/26/2008 12:16:30 AM   
    floydg

quote:

Not sure what happened On turn 27 or 28 now

It seems like it never finished drawing the contents of the table. I have never seen that before.

Some ideas:
    - Be sure you have the latest Java JRE
    - Be sure your PC is not bogged down with other programs (i.e., does it do the same thing if the WitPTracker is the only program running?)
    - Be sure your hard drive has enough free space to store the database. With this many turns, the database is upwards of 64MB.
    - Try again with a new database (delete the four trackerdb files and then reload all of the turns with the latest version of the program, starting from the first save file)

(in reply to scott64)
    Post #: 449
    RE: WitPTracker 1.2 - 8/26/2008 12:48:28 AM   
    scott64

quote:

It seems like it never finished drawing the contents of the table. I have never seen that before.

Some ideas:
    - Be sure you have the latest Java JRE. Done
    - Be sure your PC is not bogged down with other programs (i.e., does it do the same thing if the WitPTracker is the only program running?) Nothing else is running
    - Be sure your hard drive has enough free space to store the database. With this many turns, the database is upwards of 64MB. Have 465 GB
    - Try again with a new database (delete the four trackerdb files and then reload all of the turns with the latest version of the program, starting from the first save file). Done

When I click on the victory points pull down menu, the program hangs. The background bleeds again. I can click on another pull down menu, but I can't see an info, background bleeds.

(in reply to floydg)
    Post #: 450
    Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI