Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch 1.04

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Patch 1.04 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch 1.04 - 8/24/2008 7:52:13 AM   
wargamerjack

I keep getting error message - Access Denied - Wrong User/Password , when trying to download the patch

Please advise
Post #: 1
RE: Patch 1.04 - 8/24/2008 8:29:59 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

Did you register and create an account for the members area first?

< Message edited by Juggalo -- 8/24/2008 8:31:25 AM >

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to wargamerjack)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch 1.04 - 8/24/2008 9:31:32 AM   
wargamerjack

Yes , halfway downloading , disconnected from server and when try to resume , it keep give me this message

< Message edited by wargamerjack -- 8/24/2008 9:32:14 AM >

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch 1.04 - 8/24/2008 9:37:46 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

That sucks....

Sounds like you need a download manager program, maybe?

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

Post #: 4
RE: Patch 1.04 - 8/25/2008 4:25:25 PM   
Greg Wilcox

I just tried downloading the patch this morning and didn't run into any disconnect errors. Could have just been a busy time for the server that day or something else interfering.

Are you still having issues?

-Greg

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 5
RE: Patch 1.04 - 8/25/2008 6:00:52 PM   
wargamerjack

Yes , it is damn frustating , it seem that once disconnected , I cant resume the download , it keep gving me invalid user name error ..and try four times ..same thing and the last time it was down to 97 % and it cut off...

and I also understand that there is one smaller patch 1.03 -1.04 which is only aobut 6MB...why this is not avalaible ???

< Message edited by wargamerjack -- 8/25/2008 6:08:53 PM >

(in reply to Greg Wilcox)
Post #: 6
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/12/2008 4:52:35 AM   
dravazed

I see discussion of 1.04, but gather this is a beta version. Does anyone know with confidence when the "real" 1.04 will be out?

Post #: 7
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/12/2008 5:23:48 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: dravazed

I see discussion of 1.04, but gather this is a beta version. Does anyone know with confidence when the "real" 1.04 will be out?

My understanding it will be released tomorrow.

...ish...

Jason Petho

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 8
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/12/2008 11:55:00 PM   
dravazed

I heard from Erik, who indicates it will be awhile until a patch CD is released...possibly as late as Xmas or thereabouts.

That's bad news for me, but I'll keep trying for the next couple of months to see whether there's a way to get this beast downloaded.

p.s. 9/13 Haven't seen signs of 1.04 yet--is it posted somewhere?

< Message edited by dravazed -- 9/13/2008 4:13:14 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 9
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/15/2008 2:22:57 PM   
dravazed

Any sign of 1.04 yet? What's the latest?

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 10
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/15/2008 3:01:36 PM   
Jason Petho

Today is release day, I was informed.

Jason Petho

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 11
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/15/2008 5:37:54 PM   
marcbarker

Would it possible for the beta brigade or some users donate their time and CD's to send these registered users a copy of the updates on CD. I would do this if I fot recompensed for postage....Jason you could forward the name and address to the person who volunteered. That way we as volunteers know that the user is good as gold.

any ideas?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

Post #: 12
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 2:36:58 AM   
tide1212

Barker of course I can't speak for Jason or Matrix  but in my opinion if you feel strongly about it go for it

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 13
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 9:16:45 AM   
marcbarker

Not my job....Jason and the Brigade took on the responsibility, it is up to them to say yeah or neah...i am just one with meaningless ideas and bad suggestions..lol

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to tide1212)
Post #: 14
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 9:24:59 AM   
marcbarker

besides......this is how it Could work

1. email from Jason or his designated suuragate as to who gets the cd. All other emails will be ignored....lol
2. confirm the cd with an email to the registered user
3. send invoice of exact shipping + 0.05 for shipping and handling and material and CD
4. After invoice is recieved the Update would be copied to cd and shipped the next day.
5. Overseas Users same deal exact shipping +.05. They would have choices as to how it is shipped of course
a. The flash
b. Derrigable
c. Sailing Vessel

6. After the CD is recieved the User would notify whomever as to everything is fine
7. Also on this CD there would be the other Updates that I could find.

If a user feels the urge and wishes to donate more after the fact feel free. All invoices would be accomplished through Pay PAL.

Would this work
User to User Help

Marc

< Message edited by barker -- 9/16/2008 9:27:28 AM >

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 15
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 11:43:21 AM   
borsook79

I understand that downloading the rather big patch may be an issue for many people, but is the whole hassle with shipping cd necessary? One can always go to an internet cafe, download the patch there and have it burnt to a cd for a small fee...

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 16
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 12:26:40 PM   
marcbarker

I was offering is all postage maybe cheper then the hassle...in the states it will be what about 1.25 if not less. overseas maybe 5.00 or 2.5 pounds or 2 euros.When I start up my truck that is 2 dollars in gas....lol I was just trying to help

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 17
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/16/2008 3:47:30 PM   
dravazed

Question: When 1.04 does appear, will it resolve the Vista compatibility issue? I am specifically wondering whether I will be able to uncheck the "disable desktop composition" box and "run as Windows 98/ME". Anyone know?

As to discs and such, I make this offer: if anyone is willing to burn one for me (we don't all have that capability, nor are internet cafes available), I'd happily pay the postage and cost of the CD. I'd need to know how to install it, unless that was somehow on the disc...but otherwise, that would seem to solve the Godzilla download problem.

Someone privately offered to do this, and I'm much appreciative...but I strongly feel I should pay for any expenses involved.

Update: I'm still hoping Jason or someone will address the question about compatibility, when there's a moment to do so.

On the other part, the CD--I just want to thank the several people who have privately contacted me, offering to do this for me. I don't want to get sloppyfaced about it, but you know, it really is impressive that people would do this, unbidden, for a complete stranger. I hope I remembered to thank everyone privately, but if I failed to do so, please accept this as my heartfelt expression of appreciation.

I'm currently communicating to someone who lives in a nearby state, so we'll see what transpires. In any case, it won't hurt me to wait awhile more.

< Message edited by dravazed -- 9/17/2008 1:01:18 AM >

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 18
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/17/2008 2:33:15 PM   
dravazed

I'm still hoping to get a response to my previous post. Also, I have some additional 1.04 installation questions. Is there something I have to do with previous download/updates before installing 1.04? In the past, with any update with any game I've patched, I just downloaded and activated the patch, and that was that. Is this one more complicated?

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 19
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/17/2008 3:08:27 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

I'm still hoping to get a response to my previous post. Also, I have some additional 1.04 installation questions. Is there something I have to do with previous download/updates before installing 1.04? In the past, with any update with any game I've patched, I just downloaded and activated the patch, and that was that. Is this one more complicated?

Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old updates are not required as 1.04 is cumulative and nothing needs to be done to prepare for 1.04.

Once you've downloaded the update, unzip it and double click on the EXE.

Follow the installation instructions and you're good to go.

Keep your serial number handy.

Jason Petho

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 20
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/18/2008 2:38:50 AM   
GavinP

Guys,

I downloaded Beta 1.04 patch .. and game works fine ..

Question -- do I need the "official" 1.04 patch and does it give me anthing that Beta patch did not ... ?

GavinP

Post #: 21
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/18/2008 6:42:04 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: GavinP

Guys,

I downloaded Beta 1.04 patch .. and game works fine ..

Question -- do I need the "official" 1.04 patch and does it give me anthing that Beta patch did not ... ?

GavinP

I would recommend the official update for consistency with most players, assuming you are PBEM.

Regardless, being up to date with the latest and greatest is always a good idea.

Jason Petho

(in reply to GavinP)
Post #: 22
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/18/2008 9:50:41 PM   
dravazed

Here's another question: will any campaigns I have underway in version 1.02 be lost when I install the 1.04 patch? If so, is there any way for me to preserve them in a format that can be run on 1.04? As always, thanks for your reply.

Post #: 23
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/18/2008 9:55:51 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Here's another question: will any campaigns I have underway in version 1.02 be lost when I install the 1.04 patch? If so, is there any way for me to preserve them in a format that can be run on 1.04? As always, thanks for your reply.

No, since the old order of battles are still included, they should work fine under 1.04.

Keep in mind that the "Talonsoft" campaign order of battles have not been completely fixed, so may run into an issue as you progress throughout the war.

Jason Petho

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 24
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/19/2008 2:44:50 AM   
dravazed

I thank you both for the answer to my question and for your comment about the OOB. I did/do not know about unresolved Talonsoft-era issues, so I will indeed keep it in mind.

Post #: 25
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/19/2008 11:31:42 PM   
dravazed

Well...this is how things go for me.  I've got the update on my hard drive...sort of.  I downloaded and used WinZip, which seemed to run through its process up to Finish...but there are some things that tell me this didn't "take" (for what reason, I could not say).  First, I note that the 1.02 update is in my document tree, with 1.04 just below it, but 1.04 is actually shown as 1.04zip...not the same as 1.02.  So...did it actually unzip?  Also, there are dates in my records associated with the last update (in October, as it happens), but no such display for today.  Finally, I don't see any difference when I open the game...and my search for something that shows the current version running, is futile (not under Help, e.g.).  Also, would there be any kind of Read file to explain the differences made by this update?

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 26
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/19/2008 11:37:40 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Well...this is how things go for me.  I've got the update on my hard drive...sort of.  I downloaded and used WinZip, which seemed to run through its process up to Finish...but there are some things that tell me this didn't "take" (for what reason, I could not say).  First, I note that the 1.02 update is in my document tree, with 1.04 just below it, but 1.04 is actually shown as 1.04zip...not the same as 1.02.  So...did it actually unzip?  Also, there are dates in my records associated with the last update (in October, as it happens), but no such display for today.  Finally, I don't see any difference when I open the game...and my search for something that shows the current version running, is futile (not under Help, e.g.).  Also, would there be any kind of Read file to explain the differences made by this update?

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Using Windows Explorer.

Find the ZIP file you downloaded.

Right click on the ZIP file and select "Extract to here"

You should see a new .EXE file created in that same folder.

Double left click on the new .EXE in order to start the UPDATE process.

Follow the instructions, adding your Serial number when prompted.

And it should install.

Once you've installed, play a scenario, any scenario. Help --> About. It should mention 1.04 something or other in there.

Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 9/19/2008 11:39:14 PM >

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 27
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/20/2008 12:45:54 AM   
dravazed

Please bear with me--I'm really not trying to make this difficult. I am using WinZip 12.0, the latest version. Neither in the Wizard nor the Classic mode, do I find "extract to here" as an option. The extraction provides a file path, no "here" offered...and indeed it is somewhere else. This is (just) one of the things I truly do not understand as to its significance...but I gather from your instruction that it should read "extract to here." It does not.

So...what now?

Post #: 28
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/20/2008 1:10:44 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Please bear with me--I'm really not trying to make this difficult. I am using WinZip 12.0, the latest version. Neither in the Wizard nor the Classic mode, do I find "extract to here" as an option. The extraction provides a file path, no "here" offered...and indeed it is somewhere else. This is (just) one of the things I truly do not understand as to its significance...but I gather from your instruction that it should read "extract to here." It does not.

So...what now?

In Windows Explorer.

When you right click on your zip file, a little flyout will appear asking you what you want to do with the file.

"Extract..." or "Extract to here..." are common winzip operations from Windows Explorer.

Jason Petho

(in reply to dravazed)
Post #: 29
RE: Patch 1.04 - 9/20/2008 1:29:53 AM   
dravazed

When I right click on this zip file, located on my Desktop, here is the list that displays:

Open
Open with
Share...
Send to
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

That's it. No 'extract'.

I'm going to give you the rest of the day off, because I can imagine how annoying this is bound to be...probably I'm the only one in the universe who truly doesn't see what must be obvious to everyone else. I'll come back tomorrow, and hopefully just portion out a bit more to you. You can see how computers are for me. Ironically, 1.02 went like a charm--nothing to it.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Patch 1.04 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI