Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 - 10/7/2000 9:37:00 AM   
Darren

I am trying to upgrade form spwaw 4.0 to 4.1 and am getting a request to insert disk 2 and its looking for a file spwawv41upgrade.2 Any help would be appreciated

Post #: 1
- 10/7/2000 11:23:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Darren: I am trying to upgrade form spwaw 4.0 to 4.1 and am getting a request to insert disk 2 and its looking for a file spwawv41upgrade.2 Any help would be appreciated
Hi Darren! Sound like a corrupt download. Maybe Paul has a better answer. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 2
- 10/7/2000 11:24:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Darren, you evidently did not get the complete download. It is looking for data that did not get downloaded. You'll have to try again. Be sure and use a good download program like Getright to make sure you get it all. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 3
- 10/7/2000 2:27:00 PM   
ENO

Well. I cannot download this patch too - the matrixgames download server is currently down and its speed too slow - BUT the version which is placed on gamesdomain HAS A REDUCED 30.3 MB NOR 31.2 MB!!! This why the error with disk II !! Please, ask the gamesdomain server for uploading not corrupted version of the patch!

The Russia has three tragedies: Fools, roads and fools showing the road.

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 4
- 10/7/2000 11:49:00 PM   
Willie

I found the same thing happened to me last night, although, when I ran the program it indicated that I had Version 4.1. I went ahead and installed version 4.2 and it installed fine. I'm not sure why it asked for the disk when I installed 4.1? it still seems to have been installed onto my system OK.

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 5
- 10/8/2000 12:26:00 AM   
ENO

Well... 7 hours of non corrupted download finished... Now all is fine... With the corrupted version the game seems to work in normal way, whenever I have not tested it a lot (one file may be damaged)

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 6
- 10/8/2000 12:43:00 AM   
Rob M

I too have the same issue - and downloaded with GetRight - it listed as complete when downloaded from Games Domain. Is indeed their file corrupt?

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 7
- 10/8/2000 2:04:00 AM   
ENO

Sounds like so - just compare the sizes of the Gamesdomain and Matrix versions...

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 8
- 10/8/2000 2:59:00 AM   
Rob M

It Is Indeed So - Using GetRight (Highly recommended free download) I verified that the Games Domain file lists as complete - but when I continued the download from the Matrix Site - I picked up an additional .8mb - since using GetRight it took 10 min. additional - my advice get GetRight and re-download from the Matrix site - it will prompt you to overwrite or continue your 4.1 file - choose continue!

(in reply to Darren)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> problems upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI