Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.3.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.3.1 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.3.1 - 9/30/2008 9:13:04 PM   
Cathartes

yes, exactly.  Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 601
RE: WitPTracker 1.3.1 - 10/1/2008 2:00:05 PM   
n01487477

Saw a post on the Matrix tech forum ... I hope this helps ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Cathartes)
Post #: 602
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/4/2008 5:52:54 PM   
khyberbill

How can one print out a file. I am interested in the disposition of LCU's. What is the best way to print this file out for each command?

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 603
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/4/2008 6:08:52 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

How can one print out a file. I am interested in the disposition of LCU's. What is the best way to print this file out for each command?

We don't support printing (yet).
We're focusing on adding basic functions first (and we're almost done with that, I suspect) and then adding additional "nice-to-have" stuff later.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 604
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/4/2008 6:50:37 PM   
Ambassador

Copy/pasting into excel files works well enough, for now at least, and you can easily delete the lines and/or columns you don't need, or move them to group as you see fit.

The only panel where it's a bit difficult, is the summary panel, but that may be pasted to word files.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 605
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/4/2008 6:56:46 PM   
Chris21wen

Can you add HI to the Regioanl Fct/Resources screen.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 606
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/4/2008 11:40:02 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

Copy/pasting into excel files works well enough, for now at least, and you can easily delete the lines and/or columns you don't need, or move them to group as you see fit.

The only panel where it's a bit difficult, is the summary panel, but that may be pasted to word files.

I tried to copy and paste to an excel file and could not copy. What am I missing?

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 607
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/5/2008 5:57:48 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Can you add HI to the Regioanl Fct/Resources screen.

Yes I have wanted to do this for a while ... I'll try to remember next time ...

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 608
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/5/2008 9:14:08 AM   
Ambassador

quote:

quote:

I tried to copy and paste to an excel file and could not copy. What am I missing?

You first need to highlight what you want to copy, then use the CTRL-C/V shortkeys. If you don't highlight, it doesn't work.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 609
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/5/2008 3:16:47 PM   
Ambassador

Sorry, after checking, it doesn't work for every panel.  Alerts, Devices, Victory points (and related air losses & ships sunk) are ok with that, but LCUs, airgroups and ships are not : only one line at a time may be copied/pasted, albeit I don't know what's different there (I never tried to copy those previously).

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 610
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/5/2008 11:28:20 PM   
Woos

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg
quote:

We're focusing on adding basic functions first (and we're almost done with that, I suspect) and then adding additional "nice-to-have" stuff later.

Floyd, if I remember correctly you are also using hsqldb. It is surprisingly easy to dump to .csv with it. You can quite simply tell it to dump every table (maybe even works on views). That might help people even more than printing.

(Just looking around ;-)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 611
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/6/2008 1:43:04 AM   
KTNJR

I really hope you huys get this going with AE.
This program is awsome!!!

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 612
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/10/2008 11:06:32 AM   
Thesix

Hello
Still fighting mistakes here and there!

1. I found something strange in the Air Production screens. Sorry if already mentioned before.
In the Upgrades Tab, the LB-30 Liberator shows no upgradable plane group (109 in pool) but the 7th BG equipped with B17E can upgrade to LB-30.

Is it because the 7th BG is divided in 3 groups?

2. Still in the Air Production screen, but in the Overview Tab, maybe I don't understand the Build status B + NotB but if it means Building + Not building planes, then it seems to be wrong. It's easy to check with the allied patrol planes and the Do 24K-2 which is not build anymore. It appears only with the Build Status set to "All". I understand it should appear also with the Status set to "B + NotB". Am I right?

3. Already said before but I don't know if you could not find the information in the database or if you simply forgot: The task force screen shows the ASW TF as Surface Combat instead.

Finally, a wish for the alert screen if you find a way to let us select the type of alerts we want:
I would like to see the pilots who come back after being WIA or MIA.
This is a request that would be interesting for the AAR authors.

Thanks again for this great job which make the witp experience even better...

< Message edited by Thesix -- 10/10/2008 11:11:27 AM >

(in reply to KTNJR)
Post #: 613
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/10/2008 12:53:01 PM   
n01487477

Thesix,
glad you are still alive and kicking ... hope all is good on the French Witp site.

As to your problems:-

1. The Upgrade screen really needs an overhaul, it was never very good, and was configured for a stock game, playing as the japanese. I have some time coming up (another holiday), where I might sit down and figure out what is going on...

2. The build + not build ... The Not building is for planes that can be built (their date) & their factory has factories NOT building. This is not to show planes which have NO factories. I did it because I switch on/off my production for planes, so I could check which are off.

3. Still working on that, the TF names are different to the numerous buttons on screen(Replenishment/Tanker/etc). But I am still looking and there must be a way to determine the difference...it is something that has mystified me for months now... Floyd can testify to that ...

4. I have alerts for Aces coming back to action, but as yet have never seen it occur. Maybe I should have set the Alert for any pilots, but I might do some testing on this as I don't want too many Alerts ... (but we are thinking about filtering here anyway)
(I bet if Nemo was using tracker in our game he would be sick of all his pilots becoming aces everyday).

Thanks for your thoughts and complements ... It is good when people are polite about their requests ...

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 614
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/10/2008 1:20:54 PM   
Thesix

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477
2. The build + not build ... The Not building is for planes that can be built (their date) & their factory has factories NOT building. This is not to show planes which have NO factories. I did it because I switch on/off my production for planes, so I could check which are off.

Ah ok, it's clear.

quote:

4. I have alerts for Aces coming back to action, but as yet have never seen it occur. Maybe I should have set the Alert for any pilots, but I might do some testing on this as I don't want too many Alerts ... (but we are thinking about filtering here anyway)
(I bet if Nemo was using tracker in our game he would be sick of all his pilots becoming aces everyday).

Yes, you are right, Aces coming back is enough. I have an example in my game of an Ace coming back after 12 days WIA. The alert appeared when he became WIA but not when he came back. But on the other hand, and I will check that again later today, I think I see him in witptracker as being alive (no status WIA or MIA or KIA) but I can't see him in game anymore, then i don't know if it's a good example

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 615
RE: WitPTracker now at 1.3.1 - 10/10/2008 2:01:49 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

quote:

quote:

Floyd, if I remember correctly you are also using hsqldb. It is surprisingly easy to dump to .csv with it. You can quite simply tell it to dump every table (maybe even works on views). That might help people even more than printing.

(Just looking around ;-)

To more efficiently store the per-turn information, I made up a bunch of auxiliary tables, so a straight table dump could be a nightmare for most people to have to piece together information from bases, for example, from four different tables.

But we will probably come up with some table dump function so that people can import to Excel/etc and then re-arrange or print as needed.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 616
Device History - 10/10/2008 11:23:16 PM   
floydg

I've now added in reading and displaying of the device pools.

This is a history of the pool for a selected device:

Any suggestions on things to add or a different way to show it?

Thanks!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 617
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 5:10:49 AM   
Micke II

Yes it will be certainly useful to have this information for each LCU. But also a very interesting  information could be to have a summary table in a specific screen, showing for a particular turn where, how and in which unit the different replacement (manpower, vehicles, armement) have been used. At the moment it's not obvious to find this information very quickly. I don't know if it's difficult or feasible for you to develop such a screen.
But your proposal will bring already very interesting information.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 618
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 12:13:52 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

I've now added in reading and displaying of the device pools.

This is a history of the pool for a selected device:

Any suggestions on things to add or a different way to show it?

Thanks!

Well, as you ask for it, I have a suggestion (already given, in fact) : listing the LCUs who have that device in their TOE, how many of them they should have, how many they have (possibly, active/disabled, but this is not very important), but especially how many they need to be filled, in order to properly plan the replacements of existing units. And of course, a column indicating whether the requesting LCU is allowed replacements or not would be the cherry on top of the cake.

Or at least a column showing the total number of devices needed.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 619
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 1:01:25 PM   
Dili

Let me point my thinking from a scenario builder viewpoint:

I think for scenario editors proposes it would most important to know how many devices by type there are at start of a scenario since we can have that information number for most armies at war start.
If we know how many 75mm Howitzers Japanese had at war start and if the tracker can load a scenario and find the scenario quantity of that gun we can tweak the scenario until reaching the real value. With witp tracker would be easier to do and less prone to mistakes than with paper and pencil of adding 100's different values from all units that have them to find how many AT guns there are and if that number respects war start availability.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 620
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 1:25:11 PM   
n01487477

Ambassador,
in the Lcu Production screen you can see if a LCU has reinforcements on or off ... I'll work with Floyd as to the number actually needed, but remember this is not an exact science in a number of ways or something that I have found NOT to be ...

I'd also like to see where the devices are going...

Dili as you cannot control how many of each device is built this would be hard to achieve, but I get you point about how many of each device is present at scenario start...

LCU production is something I need to revisit, but it does do the first step in the task. I'll make sure to continue to review and upgrade the views and information ...

Regards
Damian

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 621
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 3:30:41 PM   
Dili

quote:

Dili as you cannot control how many of each device is built this would be hard to achieve

In editor there is the build rate, isn't that supposed to work? Note that i am talking from scenario builder viewpoint not talking about changing production in game. What i would like to know is that build rates i defined are being more or less respected in playtesting.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 622
RE: Device History - 10/11/2008 7:49:25 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

Ambassador,
in the Lcu Production screen you can see if a LCU has reinforcements on or off ... I'll work with Floyd as to the number actually needed, but remember this is not an exact science in a number of ways or something that I have found NOT to be ...

I'd also like to see where the devices are going...

What I was suggesting is the equivalent of what you did for the LCUs, with the comparison with the theoric formation. But inverted: each line showing the situation for a given LCU.

I know that information is in the LCU production panel (in a column) and also in the "LCU-screen" of the LCU panel (but not in a column). But if in the Device panel you have a list of the LCUs requesting a given device, without a column indicating whether they're on or off reinforcements, you need to each time go check their status in the other panels. Which takes more time ; and as you've already included such a column in the LCU production panel, I suppose it's relatively easy to do the same here.

By the way, the LCU production panel is kinda hard to use for replacements. The "strength" column only refers to the rapport between TOE current and TOE max... and M/A/V reinforcement needs only refer to disabled devices, not devices to add. So, to know whether a unit has reached its full TOE, you need to go check the History box of each unit. Adding two columns (TOE current and TOE max) would be most helpful.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 623
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 3:34:32 PM   
floydg

Okay, guys, here is a revised version of the device history.

I added a per-turn count of how many of that device are in active units and also a summary table of each unit using (or having a TOE entry to use) the device.

Comments?

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 624
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 3:37:00 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

Let me point my thinking from a scenario builder viewpoint:

I think for scenario editors proposes it would most important to know how many devices by type there are at start of a scenario since we can have that information number for most armies at war start.
If we know how many 75mm Howitzers Japanese had at war start and if the tracker can load a scenario and find the scenario quantity of that gun we can tweak the scenario until reaching the real value. With witp tracker would be easier to do and less prone to mistakes than with paper and pencil of adding 100's different values from all units that have them to find how many AT guns there are and if that number respects war start availability.

The Device panel now shows for each device the amount in pool, the usage from the pool and the total number of devices in active units.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 625
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 4:04:28 PM   
Arkain

Hallo,

don´t know if someone said it (to many posts).

Ship production -> if you what do see list for the doa it uses anything but not the first or last doa, so it is atm imposible to see the next ship which will arrive.

is it possible to get a better turn load system? atm it is a bit complicate to load the next turn. I would be nice if you can choose the next save game like the multi-load but for single saves.
Is it also possible to erase a turn? Would be a nice to have.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 626
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 4:10:43 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arkain

Hallo,

don´t know if someone said it (to many posts).

Ship production -> if you what do see list for the doa it uses anything but not the first or last doa, so it is atm imposible to see the next ship which will arrive.

I defer to Damian to address.

quote:

is it possible to get a better turn load system? atm it is a bit complicate to load the next turn. I would be nice if you can choose the next save game like the multi-load but for single saves.
Is it also possible to erase a turn? Would be a nice to have.

You can use the multi-load feature and select only one turn to load. I use that quite often. I bring up the window in the directory with all of the save files, choose the "Toggle All" button, select the single turn I want loaded and then "Load".

I also have added for the next release the ability to load a turn from the official SAVE directory without having to copy it locally.

As for erasing a turn, that's more complicated, since in some cases we delete records for things no longer there (merged air unit, disbanded TF), so it would be significantly more complicated to keep old stuff around to restore it.

(in reply to Arkain)
Post #: 627
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 4:14:35 PM   
Thesix

quote:

Okay, guys, here is a revised version of the device history.
(...)
Comments?

A fifth column "Reinforcement Y/N" after the TOE column ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 628
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 5:19:02 PM   
n01487477

Sorry Arkain,
I'm not sure what you are requesting ...

My DOA are working correctly ... please show me or explain a little so I understand. Sorry, I realise your first language maybe not English, but pictures tell a 1000 words ... no ?

Here I have sorted on delay and the DOA column is correct ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Thesix)
Post #: 629
RE: Device History - 10/12/2008 6:33:39 PM   
Arkain

ok, maybe i was wrong. I used the columm "DOA" (day of arrive i thought) and there i would sort it but it looks like at the pictures above.

it sorts that only the 10. or the 9. stay at the top of the list.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.3.1 Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI