Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: QB Avoiding Sack Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> RE: QB Avoiding Sack Problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: QB Avoiding Sack Problem - 10/20/2008 4:23:47 PM   
dreamtheatervt

quote:

ORIGINAL: hack153

thanks for the info. if any one finds a problem, let me know what play it is and i will fix it. with the amount of plays and playbooks i made, there is going to be a couple mistakes.

looking at Coach Goode, i might just trash several more formations. the pro/splitback is a real pain to make good running plays with. any thoughts on this?

Your problem isn't unique to you - it's the same problem that racked college and pro teams in the early 90's when everyone was trying to copy Bill Walsh. Split backs is really a horrendous running formation (surprisingly though, moving the FB behind center fixes most of them) because its hard to get RB's to square up in the hole except when diving straight ahead, which makes the "power-O/off-tackle/lead/whatever one wants to call it" less effective because it makes it harder for the RB to make man miss.

Long story short - it's not you, and it's not the game that's failing your pro set. Now, if you are Lavell Edwards and you don't care that you only get 50 yds per game on the ground, then split backs is fine

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 31
RE: Problem with Some Running Plays - 10/20/2008 6:02:44 PM   
Marauders

quote:

i wondered what happened to this thread...

Yeah, the topic headline didn't really have anything to do with what was being discussed.

For future reference, it would have been confusing to leave the headline as it was.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Play Development System (PDS) >> RE: QB Avoiding Sack Problem Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI