Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best MFB Video Recorder?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Best MFB Video Recorder? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best MFB Video Recorder? - 11/4/2008 6:10:31 AM   
therhino

I am considering buying some screen capture software to use with MaxFB, but I don't know what works well and what doesn't. I don't really care about price as long as it works smoothly and is easy to use. Any recommendations would be great.

Post #: 1
RE: Best MFB Video Recorder? - 11/4/2008 1:24:56 PM   
garysorrell

Hey rhino, what is your intended purpose for the recordings? I ask because that can play a factor in the decision.

I use Fraps, and it is very MaxFB friendly. I use it for taking movies and screens. It is a better choice for screens than the F12 in the game.

However, the recordings, even short ones, can be huge files. I think when I recorded NCFL games, the full game at 10(or was it 12)min quarters were like 4gigs each.

You would need a compression program also, change the big AVI to a smaller mpg. Unless the size isnt the issue.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 2
RE: Best MFB Video Recorder? - 11/4/2008 6:55:25 PM   
therhino

Gary, I have Fraps, but I sometimes get a lot of lag in game. It seems to run fine for a while, but then frame rate will just drop under 10. I have turned the shadows off and it still does this.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Best MFB Video Recorder? - 11/5/2008 1:58:38 PM   
grandmarquis84

I use something called Growler Cam.  It isn't very expensive and if you want to see the videos they are on the NAIFU site.  Indoor games at 7 min are around 100MB's.  I think the program compresses the video into avi so you can edit or post it.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Best MFB Video Recorder? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI