Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So whats your log-in all about?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: So whats your log-in all about? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 10:15:13 AM   
Ddog

I got mine from Devil Dog....nickname for Marines.  Devil Dog was already taken.

I haven't been very active in the Forums, but you can read about me getting my but kicked by Roger Nielson in the AAR section. 

I'd rather be lucky than good.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 241
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 10:27:39 AM   
PeteG662

AW1Steve and ChickenoftheSea, I live half way between you guys so when that NOVA WitP get together happens include me!

BTW....Tallyman662 has a couple of meanings.....used to live in Tallahassee, FL and being a Florida Gator in Florida State Seminole land, I tried to breed them out of existence. It didn't work but it was sure fun trying.

662 is month and year of birth.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 242
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 11:46:48 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

AW1Steve and ChickenoftheSea, I live half way between you guys so when that NOVA WitP get together happens include me!

BTW....Tallyman662 has a couple of meanings.....used to live in Tallahassee, FL and being a Florida Gator in Florida State Seminole land, I tried to breed them out of existence. It didn't work but it was sure fun trying.

662 is month and year of birth.

We will do that. With three people and increasing , it's starting to be one of the bigger sumits!

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 243
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 12:11:33 PM   
ChickenOfTheSea

Tallyman662,

I am also a Florida Gator (72-76) which qualifies me as a geezer, as well.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is. - Manfred Eigen

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 244
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 12:22:28 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: tc464

tc = my initials; 464 is the old USAF specialty code for EOD

The avatar is the actual badge.

My Dad was an EOD in WWII. Promoted to corporal three times.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 245
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 12:42:46 PM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

Hahahaha YEAH baby !
Fun loving guy, no doubt. It happens when you give young, highly trained guys keys to the explosive locker.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 246
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 12:54:18 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Hahahaha YEAH baby !
Fun loving guy, no doubt. It happens when you give young, highly trained guys keys to the explosive locker.

tc464 , I just noticed your "from line".....Are you from the DC area?

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 247
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 1:05:44 PM   
tc464

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Yes I am. Live in Lorton, work at Fort Belvoir. You're right down the road from me.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 248
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 1:14:16 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Yes I am. Live in Lorton, work at Fort Belvoir. You're right down the road from me.

Up the road actually . Richmond highway-Jeff Davis highway or route one to be precise. Yeah , I use the PX/Commissary at Belvoir a couple of times a month.

Then you will be joining us if we put together a DC/Richmond area WitP summit?

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 249
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 1:21:45 PM   
tc464

quote:

Yeah, I would show up for that, if I'm not TDY of course. Any idea when something like that will happen ?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 250
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 1:43:39 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I would show up for that, if I'm not TDY of course. Any idea when something like that will happen ?

None at all. But the others have all posted on this thread. Maybe we could start a "DC area sumit thread", get a sign up, and ask for suggestions for location and time/date. I'm guessing a weekend before the holidays , so probably soon. Maybe a central location (like just south of Springfield or so, ) and some sort of a public venue (like a brewpub? ).

(in reply to tc464)
Post #: 251
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 3:14:24 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

quote:

None at all. But the others have all posted on this thread. Maybe we could start a "DC area sumit thread", get a sign up, and ask for suggestions for location and time/date. I'm guessing a weekend before the holidays , so probably soon. Maybe a central location (like just south of Springfield or so, ) and some sort of a public venue (like a brewpub? ).

I own a condo in Fairfax. I spend almost all of my time in Merrie Old England, but maybe one of my kids living there could make a contribution.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 252
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 4:28:53 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I own a condo in Fairfax. I spend almost all of my time in Merrie Old England, but maybe one of my kids living there could make a contribution.

Cooler yet! Making this an international affair would be great! Any chance that you might be visiting your kids soon?

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 253
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/19/2008 6:13:35 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Cooler yet! Making this an international affair would be great! Any chance that you might be visiting your kids soon?

Probably not before Christmas. I may get head-hunted for the new administration, but it's not all clear that my wife would be happy with the commute.

Harry Erwin

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 254
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/20/2008 6:55:42 AM   
mutterfudder

I'm not sure.

Beware the NWO!

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 255
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/20/2008 10:36:10 PM   
Knavey

I was called Navy Davy when I was in because the Billy Joel song 'Pianoman" was popular at the time.

I was NOT a lifer, of course, and wanted to distance myself from such a obvious lifer name, so I changed the spelling to Knavey.  Had it pen and inked on a lot of my stuff.  Under the brim of the ball cap was my favorite "hidden" spot.

Sig line is what I did when I served...USS Theodore Roosevelt, CVN-71, Electronics Technician with a lot of Nuclear Reactor Operator in for good measure.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to mutterfudder)
Post #: 256
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/21/2008 3:29:30 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Probably not before Christmas. I may get head-hunted for the new administration, but it's not all clear that my wife would be happy with the commute.

Hey, Steve-O! I'll be up in the Rockville/Colombia/Laurel area for a hockey tournament over the Thanksgiving weekend. No idea about the game schedule yet, and I'll likely be busy, but if the DC area summit happens to happen over that weekend, I'll try my best to make an appearance. Of course, that depends on my surviving this weekend's upcoming high level summit with Mynok.

Edit: My wife and son will be out of town for the weekend, so survival is a legitimate concern for this "almost geezer"

< Message edited by USS America -- 10/21/2008 3:30:34 AM >

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 257
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 10/21/2008 5:15:04 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, Steve-O! I'll be up in the Rockville/Colombia/Laurel area for a hockey tournament over the Thanksgiving weekend. No idea about the game schedule yet, and I'll likely be busy, but if the DC area summit happens to happen over that weekend, I'll try my best to make an appearance. Of course, that depends on my surviving this weekend's upcoming high level summit with Mynok.

Edit: My wife and son will be out of town for the weekend, so survival is a legitimate concern for this "almost geezer"

I don't think I'll be in the area, as I'm due to go to Maine again that weekend, but I'll keep everyone informed.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 258
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/4/2008 8:55:40 PM   
AW1Steve

It's been nearly two months since I last dragged (drug?-that sounds so illegal) this old chestnut out. But it seems that we have newby's again. So if you have never told us the story of your Log-in-name , your avatar, life, etc...now's your chance. If you just want to tell it again...now's your chance. If you can't recall.....you want the guerilla geezer thread.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 259
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/4/2008 9:11:20 PM   
CarnageINC

Mine comes from the best tank and crew I had back in the service. 

For a bunch of swabbies you guys are not to bad, if you ever need something to clean, come by the house I have plenty of work for ya

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 260
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/4/2008 9:12:02 PM   
JWE

Curious about the Rev’s avatar. Seen his pic on another thread and he has that same beard, same benevolent smile, relaxed ‘tude. Hey Rev, is your avatar really you in a previous life?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 261
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/4/2008 10:09:30 PM   
Lockmart Lawndart

Named after this kind of airplane

name comes from its tendancy to well.. you get the Idea.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 262
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/4/2008 11:13:55 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lockmart Lawndart

Named after this kind of airplane

name comes from its tendancy to well.. you get the Idea.

They called the f-104 the lawn dart? I've heard the f-16 called that.

(in reply to Lockmart Lawndart)
Post #: 263
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 12:42:52 AM   
thegreatwent

The F-104 had many nicknames, Lawn Dart, Erdnagel (tent peg or literally earth nail), Fliegender Sarg (flying coffin) being only a few. The F-16 has been called a Lawn Dart but the more common slang for it is Viper.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 264
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 1:48:28 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

The F-104 had many nicknames, Lawn Dart, Erdnagel (tent peg or literally earth nail), Fliegender Sarg (flying coffin) being only a few. The F-16 has been called a Lawn Dart but the more common slang for it is Viper.

I've also heard the F-104 called the manned missile. And the F-16 called a JART (another type of lawn dart).

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 265
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 3:22:33 AM   
Feinder

Originally, "Feinder" was a D&D character I played back in college (a Gator also, c/o 93, Comp-Sci, graduated LAST in my class with 2.1 avg).  I later used the name in as my character in the MMORPGs (UO, EQ, AC, Horizons, DAoC, WW2O).  It was useful, because it was unique enough that it was always available, and folks would recognize me from game to game (altho I don't play anything but WitP now).

-F-

< Message edited by Feinder -- 12/5/2008 3:24:40 AM >

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 266
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 2:04:41 PM   
sventhebold

Off Topic but somewhat interesting. When i was stationed in Germany we had to go to Sardinia for Deployment
twice a year for ACMI training at a NATO base called Decimomanu. The Italians were still flying 104's and they would play "wash the windshield". You see it's pretty dry during the summer and the farm fields around the base
had great big spray rigs that rotated kinda like the stake ones in your yard. Only the pilots would fly a missed approach and then fly through a stream of water at 2-300 knots at close to a 100 ft off the ground. Therefore
the washed their windshield. NUTSO

ssgt usaf 84-91 f-15a/c ops puke 525 tfs & 7th tfs

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 267
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 4:17:58 PM   
AntoniChmielowski

My handle comes from my name !

I am the only Antoni Chmielowski to work for HMRC (UK equivalent to the IRS) and I love my work as a debt pursuit officer !.

I have been playing UV & WiTP for a while now (as well as CS,CM & TOAW3).

I am not the best player, but I only play for fun !.

(in reply to sventhebold)
Post #: 268
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 4:31:46 PM   
AW1Steve

Welcome Antoni! I admire your courage at using your real name and city, not something I'd do as Tax collector. Or as we'd say in certain parts of the USA , "a Revenuer" (Pronouced Rev-an-noo-er). I hope that we will hear more from you.

(in reply to AntoniChmielowski)
Post #: 269
RE: So whats your log-in all about? - 12/5/2008 4:34:45 PM   
AntoniChmielowski

I think you will !

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: So whats your log-in all about? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI