Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/8/2008 11:54:13 PM   
ArtVan9000

First of all I`m not a native English speaker so sry for grammar mistakes. Back on topic, it is not realistic that you play as a merc with M1 Garand with all those AKs around the world so lets try to change this.

First of all it is best to use some kind of a excel editor. To get a better choice of weapons some things have to be edited in ...Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic. There is a file called weapons, in there is a list of weapons and various columns, look for columns rarity and phase. Obviously they determine how often and at what stage of game would weapons appear in DJs. So in order to get your favorite weapons at start you have to input these values in columns that belong to that weapon: in rarity you put 10 and in phase you put 0.

Now you got your weapons, how about some ammo to go along. Edit the file called clips the same way you edited weapons. Edit rarity and phase. You can do the same thing to get armor (Armors, Helmets & Pants file), weapon upgrades (weapon_upgrades file) and grenades.

I only started testing this and DJs weapon choice already improved without any mistakes.

If there is interest, maybe I will put together a small mini-mod that enables some basic stuff at start.
Post #: 1
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 12:14:15 AM   
SlickWilhelm

I was just poking around in those xml files as well, and noticed this.

The thing I wonder about before I go ahead and try changes to what I get at DJ's, it would be nice to know if the bad guys are getting the better weapons much earlier than we are. But I haven't found a corresponding xml file that controls what the bad guys get, and when.

Btw, for those who don't have MS-OFFICE, you can get Open Office from Sun for free, and their "Calc" application is the Excel equivalent. Works very well for xml files.

< Message edited by Slick Wilhelm -- 12/9/2008 12:16:10 AM >

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to ArtVan9000)
Post #: 2
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 12:24:22 AM   
ArtVan9000

About NPC equipment, take a look at Things.xml, there are a lot of NPC names and items sorted in slots.

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 3
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 12:35:01 AM   
SlickWilhelm

Whoa! While there doesn't appear to be any way to change the rarity or phase of the stuff in things.xml, I was very surprised to see all the MERCS from JA2 listed in that file, complete with their default weapons/equipment!

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to ArtVan9000)
Post #: 4
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 2:04:45 AM   
zknight

If only they had the 3d models for all JA mercs... ahhhh, we can easily mod in the voices from JA2!

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 9:15:10 AM   
CowGod

Honestly i think that most weapons should be avaliable for purchase from the begining. I mean has DJ's Shop opened up only for you? Hasn't he been in buisness for some time? so why doesn't he have anyting usefull? In my oppinion the shop should have most of the weapons, armor and stuff avaliable for purchase from the start because anyway you would not be able to afford them but if you want a 2 merc squad with decent firepower you can purchase it.

(in reply to zknight)
Post #: 6
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 9:16:55 AM   
CowGod

Also a MOD making most items avaliable from the start would be usefull. Just leave out the really big guns for the sheer pleasure of having to look out for something in the game.

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 7
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 5:54:07 PM   
boustrophedon

this is useful, as the game is hard enough as it stands..

< Message edited by boustrophedon -- 12/9/2008 5:56:34 PM >

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 8
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 7:48:53 PM   
CowGod

would you have to start a new game after you alter anything in this game?

(in reply to boustrophedon)
Post #: 9
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 9:18:19 PM   
CowGod

i have changed all values of rarity and phase to 10 and 1 but the game now gives me an error. what am i doing wrong?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ArtVan9000

First of all I`m not a native English speaker so sry for grammar mistakes. Back on topic, it is not realistic that you play as a merc with M1 Garand with all those AKs around the world so lets try to change this.

First of all it is best to use some kind of a excel editor. To get a better choice of weapons some things have to be edited in ...Hired Guns\basis\scripts\logic. There is a file called weapons, in there is a list of weapons and various columns, look for columns rarity and phase. Obviously they determine how often and at what stage of game would weapons appear in DJs. So in order to get your favorite weapons at start you have to input these values in columns that belong to that weapon: in rarity you put 10 and in phase you put 0.

Now you got your weapons, how about some ammo to go along. Edit the file called clips the same way you edited weapons. Edit rarity and phase. You can do the same thing to get armor (Armors, Helmets & Pants file), weapon upgrades (weapon_upgrades file) and grenades.

I only started testing this and DJs weapon choice already improved without any mistakes.

If there is interest, maybe I will put together a small mini-mod that enables some basic stuff at start.

(in reply to ArtVan9000)
Post #: 10
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/9/2008 10:17:25 PM   
ArtVan9000

quote:

ORIGINAL: CowGod

i have changed all values of rarity and phase to 10 and 1 but the game now gives me an error. what am i doing wrong?

I made a mini mod so pls feel free to test it out. Also, to get weapons at start you have to input 0 at phase column

< Message edited by ArtVan9000 -- 12/9/2008 10:18:03 PM >

(in reply to CowGod)
Post #: 11
RE: Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs - 12/13/2008 8:36:20 PM   
clayog123

I changed select weapons to 10 and 0 for rarity and phase. This makes them show up in random quantities in DJs.

You can also tweak the "clips" file to make ammo show up.

Now, I have all ammo available, and with a few random weapons showing up more often. Gives me a little better load out option for my mercs, and I don't worry about repairing - just go buy another new one!

(in reply to ArtVan9000)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> Info on how to get a better weapon choice at DJs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI