Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Physics (or possibly shotgun) bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Physics (or possibly shotgun) bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Physics (or possibly shotgun) bug - 12/8/2008 2:54:35 PM   
Joram

I've had a couple circumstances, both involving the shotgun with damage aside, had dubious results.

First, one I've already described was when a point blank shotgun blast lifted a guy over my head (he was in a corner), bouncing off a wall and landing spidey-like on the roof/wall looking down.

Second instance, same map incidentally (Dam), had a shotgun blast from about 10m away and while doing minimum damage (the best I could tell anyway), somehow literally launched this guy into orbit. As his body completely disappeared from the map (and I was on outer edge facing in!). I searched for 10 minutes looking for his body because there never was a message that he died and didn't want to get caught looking for this dude to finish the map. I was about to contact NORAD to see if he was truly in orbit when I waxed another militiamen and the map ended so the point was moot.

Not sure if this is a physics issue, or a shotgun issue, or possibly both.
Post #: 1
RE: Physics (or possibly shotgun) bug - 12/9/2008 7:20:10 AM   
mmalficia

while yea i agree its a bug .. its probably not all the coders fault or may not even be readily fixable. ive seen stuff like this in both newton and nvidias physics api's the trick is just to keep it to a minimum its just one of the issues with ragdoll systems,since everything is somewhat random they behave in odd ways sometimes. now if most of the time you hit a npc with a shot gun he'd be on the moon thats another issue 8)~

games like halflife litteraly delete the object if the physics get borked after a second and respawn a new one in its place. that wouldnt work here as we need to interact with a corpse and folks would cry foul since the new guy probably wouldnt spawn with the same equipment to loot :>

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Physics (or possibly shotgun) bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI