Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign design questions..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign design questions.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign design questions.. - 4/29/2002 9:20:27 PM   
pops

1. Can I start making camp usind existing scenario and not give the player any build points (since the scenario has many units already)?

2.Will the troops carry over (if answer to 1. is yes) or do I need to make up for this with huge support points awarded for next scenario in camp?

3. Can an existing scenario be placed in the middle of the campaign although it already has many units (being an existing scenario)......if yes, then should these existing troops be turned into AUX units?

4.Do the AI's forces sarry over from scen to scen or do they need to be placed in each scenario?
Post #: 1
- 4/30/2002 2:07:42 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Pobs,
While I am in no way a Master of Knowledge on campaigns, I believe what you're looking to do isn't too feasible.
When a campaign is chosen I believe the game engine is designed to expect a core force to be picked. Thus there will no forces to carry over to then next scenario other than the mandatory HQ unit.
As for exisiting scenarios being dropped into a campaign...you would have to go into the campaign editor...set up which battle would lead to that scenario, write up the beginning and ending text for the node(s) and then the fun part: You would have to go into that scenario and edit all the forces (or the ones you wish to appear in the battle) and make them AUX forces.
When it comes to the enemy forces, they will need to be built into the custome-made scenarios unless, of course, you chose the campaign generator...which randomly places it's forces.
Hope that answered some of you questions. Like I said, this may not be the final answer...but based off of what I have experienced in building my Tarawa Campaign.

(in reply to pops)
Post #: 2
- 5/1/2002 10:23:11 AM   
RussianSteelDar

1. Can I start making camp usind existing scenario and not give the player any build points (since the scenario has many units already)?

You can use an existing scenario for your campaign.

The player's core force must be provided by the build points in the first battle. I assume zero build points means no core force but I never tried it.

Suggest you figure out what size core force and then use the editor to delete the equivalent number of units so they player can buy them back again as core.

2.Will the troops carry over (if answer to 1. is yes) or do I need to make up for this with huge support points awarded for next scenario in camp?

Depends on core force. Maybe the game would allow you to have a zero core force and then you could provide a large number of support points each battle for the player to use. The support units purchased in this way would not earn any experience points and would never reach elite status.

3. Can an existing scenario be placed in the middle of the campaign although it already has many units (being an existing scenario)......if yes, then should these existing troops be turned into AUX units?

Yes to both. Units not set to AUX do not appear in the campaign even though they are in the scenario.

4.Do the AI's forces sarry over from scen to scen or do they need to be placed in each scenario?

New ones must be placed. To save time, re-use the previous scenario and just change the map - you don't have to buy units this way. The AI units do not gain experience or get rebuilt in any way from battle to battle.

Good Luck.

(in reply to pops)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaign design questions.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI