Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

icons with capability offet (version after 1.030)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Limited Public Beta Feedback >> icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) - 12/31/2008 12:18:23 AM   
WanderingHead

OK, the little grey buttons were not very good. Here is a version with negative numbers.

Again, the displayed number is the *lowest* value. Which is the same as *all* values if you set them all the same.

I thought about color coding whether the Neutral level mininum is reached by *any* tech, but the problem is that it always will be reached for some attributes. So it wouldn't be very informative. In particular, all non-flak land units have AA=3, the neutral minimum will be 3, and the capbility offset will be -1 (for consistency across all tech attributes).

There are two choices for number placement. Next to the flag, or to the right against the side of the chip.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) - 12/31/2008 12:25:55 AM   
Lucky1

For visibility reasons, I prefer the numeric to the side of the chip.

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 2
RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) - 1/1/2009 2:05:18 AM   
Marshall Art

Looks good to me as shown above. The position below interfers with the background. Not sure if this is too much to ask for (give us a finger and we pull the hand...) but now that we have minor country units  - can we get minor country unit pics, too? they could be distinguished from major country's units by the pic as well.

(in reply to Lucky1)
Post #: 3
RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) - 1/1/2009 5:49:54 AM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Art
Looks good to me as shown above. The position below interfers with the background. Not sure if this is too much to ask for (give us a finger and we pull the hand...) but now that we have minor country units  - can we get minor country unit pics, too? they could be distinguished from major country's units by the pic as well.

It is possible for anyone graphically inclined to do this.

I don't have the motivation. I want to keep the overall GUI beautiful of course, but I really don't care about all these fancy unit graphics.

(in reply to Marshall Art)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Limited Public Beta Feedback >> icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI