icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Limited Public Beta Feedback

WanderingHead -> icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) (12/31/2008 12:18:23 AM)

OK, the little grey buttons were not very good. Here is a version with negative numbers.

Again, the displayed number is the *lowest* value. Which is the same as *all* values if you set them all the same.

I thought about color coding whether the Neutral level mininum is reached by *any* tech, but the problem is that it always will be reached for some attributes. So it wouldn't be very informative. In particular, all non-flak land units have AA=3, the neutral minimum will be 3, and the capbility offset will be -1 (for consistency across all tech attributes).

There are two choices for number placement. Next to the flag, or to the right against the side of the chip.

[image]local://upfiles/14124/429AB1AE0E2C4696A07F31A0D04A01FA.jpg[/image]

Lucky1 -> RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) (12/31/2008 12:25:55 AM)

For visibility reasons, I prefer the numeric to the side of the chip.

Marshall Art -> RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) (1/1/2009 2:05:18 AM)

Looks good to me as shown above. The position below interfers with the background. Not sure if this is too much to ask for (give us a finger and we pull the hand...) but now that we have minor country units  - can we get minor country unit pics, too? they could be distinguished from major country's units by the pic as well.

WanderingHead -> RE: icons with capability offet (version after 1.030) (1/1/2009 5:49:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Art
Looks good to me as shown above. The position below interfers with the background. Not sure if this is too much to ask for (give us a finger and we pull the hand...) but now that we have minor country units  - can we get minor country unit pics, too? they could be distinguished from major country's units by the pic as well.

It is possible for anyone graphically inclined to do this.

I don't have the motivation. I want to keep the overall GUI beautiful of course, but I really don't care about all these fancy unit graphics.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI