Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hired Guns Reinforced

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: Hired Guns Reinforced Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/3/2009 12:48:16 PM   
R@S

I´ve gotten about halfway through your mod now, once again GREAT job! Am I just imagening things or is the AI better now? When playing veteran the enemy just rush your position but with your mod they guard certain positions and act better. Much more fun this way.

I have a small request if you don't mind. The FN F2000 should have an under-barrel launcher. Would it be possible to ad the 203b to it and make it use the 40mm instead of the missing ones? It would certainly make my day.

Cheerios

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 31
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/3/2009 1:37:11 PM   
Reinforce

Na I just made the AI and players better shots. Way it was you were all getting -ACC so now that it's been set to 1 everyones going by there skill level makeing the AI alittle better shots. Beyond that I haven't mucked about with the AI, haven't found there files yet or I would. :P

As for the FN F2000 I have the files for one with a GL, alot of the weapons have a GL skins/models even the MP5SD... No I'm not kidding. :P

But I can't get the game to give a weapon dual ammo types yet. Oddly I can only set a weapon with 1 bullet type anything else and boom. It's strange too I have a field for a secondary ammo type but there's no place to put how many rounds you can put in there.. Makes me sad. But I'll keep messing with it, It'll eather work or blow up. I'm hopeing to get something hashed out but it might be hardcoded. I can however enable a GL on the weapon letting you toss one on that's super simple just alittle x in a field.

Woot 2 pages. =D

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 32
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/3/2009 6:45:37 PM   
Reinforce

Just Alittle update. I've finaly gotten done adding in Full Metal Jackets as it's own ammo type, Was more of a pain then I though. Mostly becouse I forgot to tell the guns they could use it. Anyways all added in works pretty good too. I'll have to test it more though. However with this change I changed the HP and AP rounds to do more/less damage in the assault rifle class and higher of weapons not much 2 up or down. So AP ammo is 90% armor bypass and -2 damage. HPs are 10% armor bypass and +2 damage. Keep in mind the armor bypass is a random roll and there's a bunch of other junk to factor into it so you don't really bypass the armor 90% of the time. I have notices though with the FMJ ammo you seem to get a solid number more often. I was able to land 21 damage off a weapon that does 21 damage on torso hits afew times so that makes me happy. Not sure how I got that to work but still was pretty cool one of them warm fuzzy feeling kinda moments. Arm hits are like 8 though.. I'm starting to think arms take like 40% of the normal weapons damage and legs take 60-70% heads seem to be like 100-150% and torso is 100% then there's your 10% crit chance to do more/less based on the vitals you hit. Anyways ramble ramble.

I'm also mulling over 3 other weapon changes and I'd like some imput so PM me or drop a reply here.

First up is I'm thinking of lowering all the weapons ranges abit. This wont effect ACC any from what I've seen by testing this change, It'll just make combat alittle closer and will bring handguns and SMGs more into a can be used field beyond the first 2-3 maps. I'm trying to find a way to make all the weapons useful beyond everyone just going Assault rifle as soon as they pop up. I know this is well more realistic but that all depends given the small maps and such I don't see upping weapon ranges an ideal way to go given most weapons now with a 90-100 range can shoot half way across most of the maps. Anyways my idea was to shave off about 25% of the range of the ARs and better. Bringing them down to 60-80, It's a thought I don't plan on doing this without the support for it. This will however makes the game alittle more deadly as it'll bring you closer to hand grenade range.. but that works both ways and you won't need to run a merc into a kill zone to toss a nade. :P

Secondly I was thinking of steamlineing the weapons damage more. 9mm all do the same damage and so forth. I'd go by bullet size for each weapon, So the 7.62s would hit harder then the 5.56s trade off for that though is I'd up the weight abit of the 7.62 or lower the weight of the 5.56 so you could carry more/less. Way it is now you got some 5.56s doing 19 damage and others doing 21. Also alot of weapons are basicly the same but they do differant damage, dosn't seem right to me. Bullets a bullet imo should do the same damage reguardless of the gun fireing it.

Lastly I'm thinking of an AP change to the weapons. Way it is now a single shot costs 4-5 on most weapons and a 3 round burst is 10-11. Dosn't seem right so I was thinking of changeing it to something like single shot AP cost then add on 1 point per bullet for ARs and SMGs and 1 point per 2 bullets for LMGs and MGs. So a 3 round burst from an FN FNC would cost 9 down from 10. Also thinking of shaveing off 1-2 points off the AP cost to fire all the sniper rifles letting you put a better shot down range. Most of the time your not able to get your full AIM due to haveing to reaim at the target when prone and your basicly just wasteing bullets. Keep in mind I always fire a snipe rifle while prone and from the top of a hill.. I miss less that way.

Anyways something to think on. I'm going Skiing I hope to see some imput when I get back tonight.

Much Love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/5/2009 3:42:35 PM >

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 33
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/3/2009 7:19:31 PM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Beyond that I haven't mucked about with the AI, haven't found there files yet or I would. :P

Reinforce,

Look in the "ai" folder ... the TABLES.LUA .... has parameters for easy-normal-hard plus the bottom section seems to have an overall parameter for all the levels.

I found this last night ... cool stuff and looks to be easily changed and quite self-explanitory. One idea I had was to change the easy and normal levels to hard so it ONLY makes the ai harder but leaves the rest of the game on the current level.

Have a gander,
Rob

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 34
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 2:01:58 AM   
Hard Sarge

just to say

that 50 Cal. is sweet

it really is a nice, when you really need to reach out and touch somebody kind of thing :)

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 35
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 7:13:13 PM   
rx178

Great Mods! I will wait for more. But I just begin news game, don't see any new weapon at shop yet. I will play more to see it.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 36
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 7:34:00 PM   
Reinforce

I was hopeing I could get it out tonight but the way things are going it'll be middle/end of the week. Not going to be adding in as many weapons and other toys as I had hoped due to the new ammo type takeing up aton of my time. Makeing Icons is a pain too and is a rather slow process. But I got about 20 made atm and only 6 of them added into the game so it's just the adding of all the files that are takeing the time.

I broke the AI too so I need to fix that befor I can put the mod up. I did however get the AI useing medkits in Newbie mode so that makes me happy. They're alittle smarter too in how they move, Trying to balance it so there's a nice curve in the challange of the differant modes. I view Newbie as the Default, The mode that everyone starts with and most people play. Merc and vet I plan on makeing alittle more hardcore. Mabye even makeing Vet a more realisitc style of mode with damage being far more deadly. But I'll be leaveing that out till I get newbie mode balanced to my likeing then I'll be moveing up modes. I will however work on getting the new items added into the other 2 modes I got them half added but I'm still adding weapons and bla. I'm only 1 women with 2 hands. *Crys*

I'm still mulling over the 3 changes to the weapons I outlined in post 33 that no one's gotten back on me on so I think I'm just going to go ahead with it. I've tested some of the changed I proposed and I kinda like it but it does slow combat down abit as your not droping huge numbers unless you hit something important. I've also noticed that the FMJ class of ammo that I've added seems to do much much more reliable damage then the HP and AP ammo. It dosn't seem to spike as much... it's odd and I'm not sure how it ended up doing that. It's not a bad thing though it just means your weapons are now a more reliable damage dealer.

Way the damage change would work and how I tested it is the 9mm ammo for instance in the 9x18 and 9x19 class all do 14 damage. The .45 cal ammo does 16 damage. The 5.56x45 does 19 damage. The 7.62x39 does 21 damage. The 7.62x51 does 22 damage. The weapon itself only effects your ability to hit weight addon's range bla bla. Damage itself would be based on the bullet caliber. Would make more sense then haveing a FN Five-seveN handgun doing 13 damage and the P90 doing 20.. it's the same bullet. The handgun and SMG should do the samage damage but there chances to hit, payload, burst fire and all that extra jazz comes from the weapon. This would also help to balance the russian and EU/US weapons better as the Russian weapons would hit harder on average but have more heft and the EU/US weapons would do less damage but be lighter.

Anyways I need to get back to working on this. I hope I get some responce to the damage changes. I got 3 more weapons I wanna add into the game and repairs to my poor broken AI and alittle crash bug to do followed by some play testing befor I'll be posting if everything goes well I hope to have a new update out tomorrow.

Oh and here's alittle tidbit. I'm not telling what it is bwhahaha. =D

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 37
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 8:21:51 PM   
Scautura

Given what else you've said in that post, that picture is now really confusing!!! It looks like a SCAR H S (standard barrel), and does damage to go with that look (7.62N/7.62 Soviet - yes, it can fire either given a little modification), but it's firing ammo like it's a SCAR L S (5.56) (even more confusing given that it's AP ammo, which you said is -2 damage!)

I should really give this mod a go, but I'm too busy making my own game at the moment!

Scautura

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 38
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 8:42:20 PM   
Reinforce

Weapon damage changes haven't been done yet. So that's why it's 21, The Ap ammo in the ammo type is only there becouse this game displays the first acceptable ammo caliber in the table that the weapon accepts.

Much love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Scautura)
Post #: 39
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 8:59:38 PM   
Scautura

SCAR L S then? Any other variants making their way in? As far as I can tell, the only visible difference (at that size at least) between the H and L is the magazine shapes, but that's just dependent on the mags, and then there's different barrels (CQC, S, and LB, for close, normal, and sniper variants). OK, so I'm a bit of a gun bunny, but I can still get things wrong.

Would that also mean that you can move ammo around such that FMJ/ball becomes "default" without blowing everything up?

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 40
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 9:08:04 PM   
Bishop746

I wouldnt have a problem with shaving off 25% of a weapons range if you are able to fix the damage of the weapons.  YOur numbers would make the ranges more in line with a "combat effective" range.  I would rather have deadlier firefights up close than sniping away at 250+ yards.

I cant think of any reason why two different weapons with the same caliber would have different damage values unless they believed that a longer barrel weapon generates more muzzle velocity (which it does) therefore it does more damage.  I think a longer barreled weapon can penetrate further because of higher muzzle velocity but I dont think the tissue damage it could achieve is something that is worth trying to replicate in a game.

(in reply to Scautura)
Post #: 41
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 9:22:36 PM   
Joram

You're doing awesome Reinforce.  Keep up the good work.

(in reply to Bishop746)
Post #: 42
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 9:31:25 PM   
Hard Sarge

as said, one reason for different damage with same round, is barrel length, longer the barrel the more speed and more Acc of the weapon, minus it is more bulky

not sure I follow with damage by round, why are the lousy Russian weapons doing more damage ? a 7.62x51 blows the 7.62x39 away (the 39 is almost a very large pistol round, not really, but power wise)

the 5.56 will really ruin your day, it is light weight, but very high speed, you can get hit in the hand and blow the top of your head off, and some of the Russian mini rounds are very nasty also

also, game wise, I think we going backwards, most combat is one shot one kill type of deal, we already are takening 5-10 rounds to kill someone, I don't think we should be going to the 10-15 rounds for a kill

I don't really think there is all that much wrong with the ranges in the game, people want to use pistols and SMGs out in the Jungles, let them, they will just die like they would in real life, those weapons have a combat role, use them correctly, for what they are made for, and they work great, remember, there is a reason, most nations have gone to the Assult rifle and pullpups

you do know, that most people who carry pistols in combat, nevered used them ? and those that did, started to carry something else with them (WWII that is where the M-1 Carbine came in)

(in reply to Bishop746)
Post #: 43
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 9:41:06 PM   
Hard Sarge

you know, to be honest, if you want to get pistols and SMGs more in line with damage, you should jack there damage way down, no way is a 9mm close to the same damage as a 5.56 or a 7.62, and what makes it nasty, is a 45 should be at least double the damage of a 9mm

(don't forget, the 9x18 is more of what we call a 380 in the states, or the Germens called a Kurtz, a short 9mm, so a 9x18 should be much weaker then a 9x19, and the 9x19 has good penatration, but very poor stopping power)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 44
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 9:53:21 PM   
rx178

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

as said, one reason for different damage with same round, is barrel length, longer the barrel the more speed and more Acc of the weapon, minus it is more bulky

not sure I follow with damage by round, why are the lousy Russian weapons doing more damage ? a 7.62x51 blows the 7.62x39 away (the 39 is almost a very large pistol round, not really, but power wise)

the 5.56 will really ruin your day, it is light weight, but very high speed, you can get hit in the hand and blow the top of your head off, and some of the Russian mini rounds are very nasty also

also, game wise, I think we going backwards, most combat is one shot one kill type of deal, we already are takening 5-10 rounds to kill someone, I don't think we should be going to the 10-15 rounds for a kill

I agree with him about damage.

It will be cool if you can add SCAR-L or SCAR-H in this game, I really like those AR. Keep up the good work Reinforce !

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 45
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 10:07:33 PM   
Joram

Yeah, can't comment on rifle damages too much, I know which way is which on a rifle but generally was more concerned about my tank.

(in reply to rx178)
Post #: 46
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 10:13:32 PM   
Hard Sarge

I only got to ride on the back of the tanks (got to play around inside a couple times though :)

hate to say it, though, most of my training and work was on how to take them out (but will say, after being on both sides of them, I am very glad I never to put any of my training to work)

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 47
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/5/2009 11:02:28 PM   
Reinforce

quote:

Would that also mean that you can move ammo around such that FMJ/ball becomes "default" without blowing everything up?

Oddly they went in the game for Assualt rifles and sniper rifles.

Took me 3 days and a pile of problems. Half these files labeled Hard/easy don't do anything only the standard ones do. But I added in Full metal jackets and they are pretty well the standard round used by everyone. That was a pain to change and I haven't play tested threw the whole game yet only made it to phase 2 atm. But 90% of the ammo that drops now is FMJ. With AP ammo comeing from officers and Snipers. Works out very well imo. I may however lower there AP rateing abit.. at 0.5 they're idk. Alittle too good I'll see when I fight guardsmen. Atm most of the people are in class 1 armor some class 2... and well I am useing Assault weapons. Mostly becouse I'm testing to see how they handle. But the FMJ addition is the biggest change that'll be comeing in the next mod update.

I have plans to add in new weapon mods Mainly a real Red dot scope, ACOG and sniper scopes. Forward handles sadly I don't have animation files for that but oh well I can live without that little detail. I'm also fairly sure I've figured out how to add in underslung weapons as well so I'm mulling over an under berral shotgun.

quote:

I don't really think there is all that much wrong with the ranges in the game, people want to use pistols and SMGs out in the Jungles, let them, they will just die like they would in real life, those weapons have a combat role, use them correctly, for what they are made for, and they work great, remember, there is a reason, most nations have gone to the Assult rifle and pullpups

you do know, that most people who carry pistols in combat, nevered used them ? and those that did, started to carry something else with them (WWII that is where the M-1 Carbine came in)

This is partly why I asked about this as I'm looking for solid imput about weapon damage. I wanna make the game more deadly but keep it balanced. Alot of people have also said they end up changeing weapons every map almost due to well this weapons got 1 more damage.. I personaly would like to streamline the damage better. I forgot about the longer berral thing I remember reading that someplace but I don't recall where. This is also why I set the 7.62x51 to 22 damage. Which is a respectable hit imo. Even toughest hostiles in the game only have 80 life. So doing 22 damage you only need to hit them 4 times. Not really realistic but I don't want to see my mercs getting gunned down in 1 shot.

If nothing else I might even go so far as to up the damage of most of the weapons. I used those numbers as an example for testing reasons to see if they should go up/down. Given how much of a better shot the players are compaired to the average tangos I didn't really wanna go too high for damage. If you've used the .50s I'm sure you've seen some massive hits, Biggest hit I've done with one of the .50s was -480 to the torso. This is why I never handed out the .50s to the AI.. althought I should... Bwhahaha

I've personaly never seen 5-10 shots to kill a hostile unless I'm really unlucky and hitting them in the arm over and over. Most of the time I take at most 5 shots to kill. Heck most of the time I can clear a map and only my sniper needs to reload... Only time I start getting into the longer gunbattles is the guardsmen at the end in there class 3 armor with helmets and pants... Which I figured out a why to make them display it but then everyone would really look the same.

I'm an SMG lover. But putting that aside. From a game point of view.. we basicly have 2 class's of weapons that never get used beyond the first map or 2 of the game. Those would be SMGs and Handguns... I know myself I toss them once I get anything with a 70+ range and 30 round clip. I'm trying to make them a semi-useful weapon beyond a shot the wounded thing. Can add shotguns into that as well, Idk about alot of you but I personaly never use them due to there weak damage and/or there inability to hit anything beyond 10 feet. If you do however score a hit with a slug you can get some very solid damage however.

And ya I do know in the real world Handguns are there as an if I need it I got it but I almost never need it so.. kinda weapon.

quote:

It will be cool if you can add SCAR-L or SCAR-H in this game, I really like those AR. Keep up the good work Reinforce !

SCAR-L and H are already done up icon wise I just need to add in the little code bits and text files for them. Oh and the L is light uses a 5.56 and the H is a heavy and uses a 7.62. Or so I've found out from my digging. That weapon however isn't a SCAR It's a prototype, However I'm useing it's production name. I used the Prototype image for 2 reasons 1 I like its look better and 2 I got enough weapons that have almost the same icon. :P

Now back to the weapon damages Seems alot of you all agree on how it is now so I'll leave it as is. Saves me time to be honest, Also seems people like the weapons ranges. So I'll leave that as well.

Now how about the AP change I posted as well? Ya/na on that? I'll quote it here to save you from scrolling.

quote:

Lastly I'm thinking of an AP change to the weapons. Way it is now a single shot costs 4-5 on most weapons and a 3 round burst is 10-11. Dosn't seem right so I was thinking of changeing it to something like single shot AP cost then add on 1 point per bullet for ARs and SMGs and 1 point per 2 bullets for LMGs and MGs. So a 3 round burst from an FN FNC would cost 9 down from 10. Also thinking of shaveing off 1-2 points off the AP cost to fire all the sniper rifles letting you put a better shot down range. Most of the time your not able to get your full AIM due to haveing to reaim at the target when prone and your basicly just wasteing bullets. Keep in mind I always fire a snipe rifle while prone and from the top of a hill.. I miss less that way.

I've had afew people ask me about AP changes. I can do the Constants change and do it globaly but that's really.. hacksaw imo. I don't plan on changeing single shot costs as there's alot of weapon addons that lower that. Burst fire is mostly what I'm looking at. Sniper weapons as well. Anyways something to think on. Oh and AGI and/or DEX does effect how much AP you get a turn from 0. However any amount is carried over up to 5 points I belive off the top of my head. To a max of 25 points.

Also I'm running out of idea's for weapons to add. Anyone got something they would like to see? I'm takeing requests.

Much Love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/5/2009 11:03:07 PM >

(in reply to Scautura)
Post #: 48
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 2:30:46 AM   
Hard Sarge

could you look at the duckbill ? it looks like it speads the shot out, then tighten's it up as it says it does

plus I never have gotten any hits while the duckbill was on, but I do with out it ?

for me, I pretty much only go to the Assult Rifles when the aI does, I stick with what I start with, other then picking up a M-1 or two (most times don't have ammo for more then 2)

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 49
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 3:18:09 AM   
Reinforce

Oddly looking at it in the weapons mod files all it does is make the weapon 25 points louder and adds 5 to the weapons range. I'll play around with some of the values I can see though, It's worth playing with. If nothing else I can make it make a shotgun more accurate. The Discription of it however is "Aluminium attachment barrel attachment. Reduces the separation of a buckshot round to increase range." leads me to belive it's not working as it should. My understanding of it is it should tighten up the shot pattern both based on what is said here and what I've been able to dig up on the Wikipedia and other shotgun sites. Seems however all the game lets it do is given you 5 more range to the weapon. Should by all rights make a shotgun more accurate and deadly.. but why the heck did they make it look like that, the images I see of it when I google for images of a Shotgun choke which is what it is. Duckbills a slang. Show it as basicly an over sized silencer style metal tube... and I think I'm ranting so I'll leave it at that.

Much Love,
Reinforce

PS I gotta think faster then I type.. so many typeos. x_x

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/6/2009 3:20:36 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 50
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 11:10:10 AM   
pndrev

Looks like some H&K assault rifle. Maybe the HK33?

The duckbill in JA didn't exactly tighten the shot pattern either - it just spread the shot horizontally only, so instead of a round pattern you'd get a line pattern.

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 51
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 12:07:54 PM   
Hard Sarge

from firing it in the game, it looks like it is speading it out in a line, you do see a nice line of hits in the dust, but none of them hit the target

(in reply to pndrev)
Post #: 52
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 12:36:18 PM   
Joram

As far as AP changes I wouldn't muck about with them really.  I'm not bothered if you do change it but if you want a vote I'd say no.  I have no issues with AP pts myself except in a couple minor instances.  The main issues i have with firing are the stamina and to hit chances, not the AP.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 53
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 12:48:20 PM   
Reinforce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

from firing it in the game, it looks like it is speading it out in a line, you do see a nice line of hits in the dust, but none of them hit the target

So what your telling me is it dosn't even work as its item discription says. This would also mean that it is a hard coded item, Which sucks, But I'm still going to give it a shot to see what I can do with it. Also has anyone ever seen on of these styles of "duckbills" in the real world? I've trolled the internet for awhile now and have never seen anything like it.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 54
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:03:39 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

Just when I thought I'd say that stuff is "hard coded" I'm beginning to find more goodies ...

Regarding the duck bill pattern ... there must be an x/y (or h/w or up/down) value that changes the original shotgun pattern ... Like pndrev said, it makes the shots more horizonal ... So, there has be something in there to change that, you know, the recoil_W for example, that's used for mutiple shots. If the duck bill in HG is causing the shots to fall in-line it means that recoil_w = 0 ... I haven't looked yet but you might keep an eye out for values that look like recoil values or dispersion values. Perhaps the buckshot ammo inside the ammoXML controls the shot pattern and from there you can work backwards towards the duckbill.

Ok, anyway ... Good news ... That HOT PINK Beret that you wanted is right around the corner . See screenshot below, no hot pink beret but I'll let you make it yourself.

I made a camo steel helmet ... I haven't made it a seperate item yet but I'll screw around with a new item and send it your way if you want to add it to your mod.

Also, I'm playing around with the M1 Garand ...
... First of all, I hate the fact that all these semi-auto guns fire like a fast bolt-action rifle. So I made a little change :

1. Burst - A suedo burst of 2 rnds set at a ROF of 120 ... Basically, the gun goes POP-POP.
2. Range - Increased to 100 ... I'm still experimenting but frankly the rifles should be better than assault rifles and less than the sniper rifles.
3. Slide Removed - I did this because adding the slide gives it a burst rate of 4 ... not good.
4. Scope mount - This allows you to mount a scope, converting into an M1D (see photo)

As a bonus .... I pulled some sound files off of the Red Orchestra mod (dark sky) and replaced the M1garand sound with a realistic sound.

IMO, the rifles are few and far between in HG ... With my new semi-auto Garand and the new sound file I'm thinking it would bring tears to even the toughest gamer ... Perhaps even Hard_Sarge might tote this around .

Oh, to add another weapon to your mod ... Maybe the M1A1 Carbine.

Anyway ... (I say this all the time) ... anyway ... Let me know if you want the data for the new M1 Garand. I'm not planning on my own mod but if I have something that interests you then by all means ... please ask. And, let me know if you want the new camo helmet dds.

Which reminds me ... The DDS's that the characters wear are located in the C:\Matrix Games\Hired Guns\basis\textures\units ... from there you can see the other folders for the parts. So, you would have to make a new item (pink beret) and then point it to the helms folder at your new DDS.

Hope that helps!

Rob

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 1/6/2009 4:25:38 PM >

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 55
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:22:29 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

By the way .... If I was going to add a new group of basic rifles (modded for semi-auto fire), I would do it in conjuction with a new campaign mod. A new campaign mod would have pistols/rifles rule the first few phases and then move on to SMG/assualt rifles/sniper rifles, etc.

IMO ... the game jumps too fast to full auto weapons ... Don't get me wrong, full auto weapons are cool ... just over rated.

Give me a good M1 Garand or an M1A1 with a Colt 45 side arm and I'm happy .

Call me old fashioned.

Rob

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 56
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:30:01 PM   
Reinforce

Ok I'm game I see the files but nothing I have will open them even if I changed out the .dds to .tga. What program are you useing to edit them? I've tried Both MS paint and Adobe Photoshop Elements 7. I'd love to be able to get at the little bits with the reskinning. Would help alot when adding in new weapons as I could match up the rifle colors to the icons colors. So this is of great intrest to me... and I added a Hello Kitty AR-15 to my I needs one list. :P

Your Rifle changes seem like a solid idea. I'm trying to add in some new semi-auto rifles, I added in the Rx4 and I got plans to add in the Marksmen version of the M14 down the road. But giveing them a small 2 round burst. That's a pretty good idea, I was going to make it so you could change out the weapons bolt to give it a small burst. More then likely not "realistic" and I haven't even tried to do it yet been busy with other things but it was on my to-do list.

I have a long to do wanna do list. If I can get reskinning working it'll only get longer but that's a good thing. =D

Bla you post faster then me.

I was planning on changeing the weapon phases around down the road. Moveing most of the weapons up a phase to drag out the handgun/SMG phase only problem with that is editing all the AI units to use the same class of weapon. Since I added FMJ ammo I've seen some "odd" drops like a tricked out SKS on the first map. Not a bad thing I couldn't get ammo for it but it seems whatever I did to the things folder changed the drop rate or something. I seem to get more loot now.

Oh and one last thing any Audio changes people want done to the game will not be done by me. I'm deaf so I just pick a number when doing the weapons and such. If people feel they should be changed let me know to what sound of what other weapon and I can change the files.

Much love,
Reinforce

< Message edited by Reinforce -- 1/6/2009 4:33:34 PM >

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 57
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:43:09 PM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reinforce

Ok I'm game I see the files but nothing I have will open them even if I changed out the .dds to .tga. What program are you useing to edit them? I've tried Both MS paint and Adobe Photoshop Elements 7. I'd love to be able to get at the little bits with the reskinning. Would help alot when adding in new weapons as I could match up the rifle colors to the icons colors. So this is of great intrest to me... and I added a Hello Kitty AR-15 to my I needs one list. :P

I'm using the DXtBMP program ... freeware. You load the DDS up, then export the image to photoshop, then make the change, save it to an image file (best if tga), open the tga in DXtBMP, then save it as a DXT1(no alpha) ... viola.

Here's the authors website ... http://fly.to/mwgfx/
This is the link from there ... http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

Other ways to load up DDS are available using a plug-in for photoshop ... I don't know if your program can use it but I'll give you the link if you like.

Rob

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 58
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:48:40 PM   
Reinforce

Ya I found the plugin. Go Google, Going to give it a shot. But first I got cloths to fold and 3 more text files to do befor I get into the meat and potatos of reskinning. :P

Thanks for this info Mraah it's a huge help.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 59
RE: Hired Guns Reinforced - 1/6/2009 4:54:33 PM   
Mraah

Reinforce,

If you prefer the plugin ... It's from Nvidia Tools ... here's the Nvidia Tools website ....

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

Rob

EDIT : blaaaaaaaaa, you're posting faster than me now!!

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Mods >> RE: Hired Guns Reinforced Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI