Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Favorite Kill

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Favorite Kill Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 7:45:17 PM   
SlickWilhelm

Happy Friday everyone!

Just for fun, I thought it might be interesting to hear about everyone's personal favorite kill in the game.

Mine was during the battle at the North Military Base. Venom is the sniper in one of my merc squads, and I had her parked up on a hill on the opposite side of the base entrance, across the bridge. She had a great LOS to the other side, and so with her first shot, I had her fire at one of the soldiers standing on the bridge. She aimed for his head, but hit him in the leg instead. The poor bugger collapsed and fell over the side of the bridge.

I can still hear his scream as he fell, flailing his arms and legs.

Did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the physics in this game?!

Actually, it's too bad that the enemy doesn't talk. It would've been great if they would have incoporated VERBAL taunting, yelling & swearing instead of the text variety.

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Post #: 1
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:00:03 PM   
Reinforce

Well pictures worth 1000 words. Or so it goes, This got me smileing today and I just had to screen it. By far my favorite kill so far, Next to the time I shot a guy with a .50 and he fliped threw a window but I was too slow on the print screen to get that... makes me sad too.

Oh and ya that is -808 damage. Go Infantry Jetdriven Flamethrower RPO-A "SHMEL". Good times I just love the little puff of smoke reminds me of cartoons.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to SlickWilhelm)
Post #: 2
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:17:06 PM   
R@S

LOL

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 3
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:20:32 PM   
rx178

Wow 808 Damage! How you do that much. Max damage I can get is 386 from .50 Cal M99 SR.

< Message edited by rx178 -- 1/9/2009 8:22:34 PM >

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 4
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:21:13 PM   
SlickWilhelm

ouch! 

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 5
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:31:52 PM   
Reinforce

Infantry Jetdriven Flamethrower RPO-A "SHMEL" base damage is 330, That was a crit and a headshot no less. Ahh such a bad day.

Much Love,
Reinforce

Post #: 6
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 8:32:14 PM   
R@S

My favorite kill is a multiple one. It was at the palace and there were 5 enemies clustered by the gate. With a burst with the MM-1 launcher I managed to get them all. And do some damage to two other guys proned behind the sandbags by the gate. Here's a tip, the burst starts from the left and moves to the right so always aim at the enemy to the left.

Post #: 7
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 9:20:40 PM   
Headshot

I wish I had a screen shot of my favorite Kill that happened last night. While retaking the RR Station, Venom with her .50 Barrett ( which by the way I dont really like but gave it a try for a couple maps ) actually got 2 enemy Mercs lined up in a perfect straight line from her at a range of about 60 or so meters. She fired at the lead guys head and crit'ed him with over 400 or so damage and the round continued on and hit the second guy in the head and killed him as well, with about 70 points damage. I have seen numerous secondary hits but not a secondary kill and not with both being head hits.

Headshot 

If you shoot them in the head they dont normally get back up and helmets dont stop AP rounds...

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 8
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/9/2009 9:24:54 PM   
R@S

You've just earned your name in this community, son. Henceforth thou shall be called HEADSHOT, all capital letters

(in reply to Headshot)
Post #: 9
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/10/2009 12:44:37 PM   
Hard Sarge

yea I like that SMEL

but most times I think the ones I like the best are the odd ones, miss the bad guy, hit a tree, chop the tree in half and it falls on top of the bad guy and kills him

I have had a few of these with buildings, blow the roof off, and when it falls in, it crushes the guy underneath

of course, those 200-300 point Head shots are always fun

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 10
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/10/2009 8:10:49 PM   
SeanD

On the Dam I shot with an AK, hit a tree, it ricocheted off the tree, went through the right legs of two enemies standing parallel with one another, knocking them over. When the bullet passed through the second guy's leg it sharply cut downward, hitting a third man in the HEAD who was prone!

I wasn't aiming at any of these guys either, which is what made the shot so bitchin'.

No screenshot, of course, this happened back when I was testing the game very early on. Never forgot the kill though.

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 11
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/12/2009 12:38:19 PM   
R@S

That sure is one "magic" bullet, Sean. [Insert favorite JFK joke here]. The best I can come up with is "do they manufacture those in that caliber".

You got to love the physics in this game:)

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 12
RE: Favorite Kill - 1/12/2009 1:10:33 PM   
Hard Sarge

well this one is not a kill, but

Dump has a cheap 40 mm launcher, he is firing at the Sgt in the hut

the shell, hits right behind the Sgt

Pitbull, Moby and Lin all took hits along with the Sgt (but the odd part, look at there stats, none of them are hurt ? (but Lin is knocked off her feet ?)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to R@S)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Favorite Kill Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI