Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgrade Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Upgrade Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgrade Question - 10/13/2000 9:41:00 PM   
dgstokes

I am running Windows 2000 and the game seems to be working fine. I installed Version 3 from the CD that came free with the computer game magazine. I downloaded the upgrades for Ver 3 to Ver4, Ver 4 to 4.1, Ver 4.1 to 4.2, and finally Ver 4.2 to 4.3 (final, not beta). The upgrade from 3 to 4 seemed to go fine. The upgrade to 4.1 went fine till I was asked to install disk 2 to complete the install. I only had the full on-line download as a single .exe file, no seperate disk 2. I finally exited out when no disk 2 file was to be found and with the installation not complete error message showing. Full of questions, but also hope, I went ahead and installed the 4.2 and 4.3b upgrades. When I started the game, it came up as version 4.3b and seems to work fine. I haven't delved deeply into a scenario yet, but a quick check had vehicles moving and firing. Am I missing some vital files because I had no "disk 2" for 4.1? Also, when I did the upgrade from Ver 3 to Ver 4, my old version of 3 seemed to remain intact and playable complete with its own shortcut icon on the desktop. Is that normal? Am I going to try to start a campaign in 4.3 and have problems? I've waited on campaigns until I thought updates were about done. Thanks. ------------------

Post #: 1
- 10/13/2000 10:06:00 PM   
Voriax

Dgstokes, your 4.1 upgrade was corrupted for some reason. either an incomplete d/l or a bad one. It may be that whatever files were left missing when you tried to install the 4.1 were included in the later patches so you might be okay. But then, you might not be okay. Cannot tell that from here..(not telepathic ) I've never gotten another shortcut on the desktop, but I didn't have version 3. Again I'll do the 'default' question about whther you are certain you had entered correct pathnames when you upgraded? If you want to be sure about the install then download the latest full version + patches, uninstall the game and reinstall. Voriax ------------------ OOB-Wan Kenobi

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to dgstokes)
Post #: 2
- 10/13/2000 11:39:00 PM   
Wild Bill

If the install ever asks for a second disk, your download is incomplete. You'll have to try again. Your procedure was correct. The problem lies in the fact that the 4.1 download was not complete. You could probably download 4.1 again and to be sure it all works right, uninstall and start over. Or you could gamble, get the 4.1 upgrade complete, then install it to your existing game, then install 4.2 and 4.3 on top of that. It might work. If it does not, then you'll have to uninstall and do it over again. Sorry! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to dgstokes)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Upgrade Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI