Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/22/2009 8:57:37 PM   
Chris21wen

Sorry, leader screen filtered for HQ and/or australian. They only appear when filtered for large LCU.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 901
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/23/2009 12:08:36 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Sorry, leader screen filtered for HQ and/or australian. They only appear when filtered for large LCU.

I guess I'll need a save file, since this is what I just got:

Floyd

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 902
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/23/2009 10:48:57 PM   
Chris21wen

By filtered to HQ I mean 'Best Lead' set to HQ.  Your picture shows the problem anyway.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 903
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 11:19:14 AM   
Ambassador

Best Lead doesn't tell you what unit it's currently assigned to, but what, according to the game, the leader is best fit for.  And given their high Land rating, Large Ground LCU seems ok...  or else I don't understand you ?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 904
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 11:20:03 AM   
invernomuto

A friend of mine has this error while running WITP Tracker:

C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE\WitP Tracker 1.5>java -jar "WitPTracker.
jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1024
       at witptracker.Properties.ReadProperties(Properties.java:81)
       at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:42)

C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE\WitP Tracker 1.5>pause

Premere un tasto per continuare . . . (-> press a key to continue)

How do we solve that?

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 905
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 2:58:45 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: invernomuto

A friend of mine has this error while running WITP Tracker:

C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE\WitP Tracker 1.5>java -jar "WitPTracker.
jar"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1024
       at witptracker.Properties.ReadProperties(Properties.java:81)
       at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:42)

C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE\WitP Tracker 1.5>pause

Premere un tasto per continuare . . . (-> press a key to continue)

How do we solve that?

I believe it would be an issue in the witptracker.properties file. Be sure there is a single blank line at the end of the file. If you use the sample that comes with the installation and modify only what's in the brackets [], it should work fine.

Let me know if that works (or if it doesn't).

Floyd

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 906
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 3:01:01 PM   
floydg

quote:

By filtered to HQ I mean 'Best Lead' set to HQ.  Your picture shows the problem anyway.

I'm with Ambassador - I'm not sure what you're expecting here.
When I filtered by "Australian", those leaders assigned to the Australian HQ's did show up. I think what may be going on is that the leader would be best to lead a large ground unit, but has been assigned to the HQ.

Floyd

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 907
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 5:42:20 PM   
cato13

did u get my save file ok floyd?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 908
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/24/2009 5:59:09 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonedog

did u get my save file ok floyd?

Yes, I also got a set from DaveConn.

After a bit of analysis, it looks like it hangs when you have no pilots with any kills. I think I fixed that (if your problem is the same, which I'll try in a few minutes).

Floyd

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 909
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/25/2009 12:23:49 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

I'm with Ambassador - I'm not sure what you're expecting here.
When I filtered by "Australian", those leaders assigned to the Australian HQ's did show up. I think what may be going on is that the leader would be best to lead a large ground unit, but has been assigned to the HQ.

Floyd

The correct response to any problem requires the ability to analyis the situation correctly. It this instance I ........ You finish it off.

Sorry guys.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 910
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/25/2009 6:32:52 PM   
Nomad

Small problem shown here. The LCU formation screen shows the TOE weapons but they have been upgraded.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/25/2009 6:33:45 PM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 911
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 11:24:59 AM   
cato13

any word on that fix floyd?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 912
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 11:46:30 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonedog

any word on that fix floyd?

Yes, I do think I fixed it. The next release will have the fix. Until then, get some pilots with kills...

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 913
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 11:51:43 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Small problem shown here. The LCU formation screen shows the TOE weapons but they have been upgraded.

Would it be possible to send me the turn before the upgrade and the turn after the upgrade? It looks like I missed the upgrade and I thought I had that working...

Send to witptracker @ gmail.com.

Thanks,

Floyd

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 914
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 11:59:22 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

Would it be possible to send me the turn before the upgrade and the turn after the upgrade? It looks like I missed the upgrade and I thought I had that working...

Thanks,

Floyd

Wow, Floyd, I need to check out this feature some more. Being able to see an accurate, current TOE for LCU's that have devices upgrade would be a great help! If I haven't just missed this feature, I hope you are able to get it working.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 915
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 12:11:47 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

Thanks,

Floyd

Wow, Floyd, I need to check out this feature some more. Being able to see an accurate, current TOE for LCU's that have devices upgrade would be a great help! If I haven't just missed this feature, I hope you are able to get it working.

Most of it should work. I think it has an issue when a device is upgraded - it was showing the old device name. I'd need to look at it in more detail, but I'll be away for a week on business, so I'll have to look at it later...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 916
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 12:31:21 PM   
Nomad

I will look, but the 32nd just arrived on map. Could that be the problem? Maybe it didn't upgrade while in play but showed up that way?

I went back and looked and just as I suspected - the unit arrived with the upgraded equipment, it did not upgrade while on the map. I do have the saves if you want them.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/26/2009 12:42:27 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 917
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 1:40:51 PM   
floydg

quote:

I will look, but the 32nd just arrived on map. Could that be the problem? Maybe it didn't upgrade while in play but showed up that way?

I went back and looked and just as I suspected - the unit arrived with the upgraded equipment, it did not upgrade while on the map. I do have the saves if you want them.

I guess the latest save may be a good point to start at, but I suspect that I'd need to find out at what point the device upgraded.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 918
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/26/2009 2:45:12 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

I guess the latest save may be a good point to start at, but I suspect that I'd need to find out at what point the device upgraded.

That is what I am trying to tell you. The day it arrived it had the upgraded weapons. I'll send you the files tonight.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 919
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/27/2009 5:05:59 AM   
Nomad

Here is the problem. In the CHS 2.08 scenario 155 file the 32nd Inf Div has the upgraded weapons ( 105mm How ). It never has the 75mm Field Gun. It doesn't look like you missed an upgrade, but that the scenario file has updated weapons but points to a formation file that doesn't have them. I think

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 920
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/28/2009 12:50:25 AM   
DaveConn

Floyd, I just wanted to confirm your conclusion that the hang resulted from no pilots with kills. Since I had saved all the past turns of the game I had just started, I went back and found the first turn with a pilot kill, used that turn to initialize the database, and then loaded all the subsequent turns, and the program has performed fine since then.

--Dave

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 921
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/30/2009 2:09:07 AM   
OldCoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

OldCoot - There are a number of ways to load a new turn ...

1. the file must be the same name as the first file so change the name to witp002.pws and place it in the tracker folder.
or
2.change the file name of the second turn to witp002.pws.001 and then the next to witp002.pws.002 (if you want to keep all the files) etc

If you use option 1 - then use the read turn option
if 2 then the multiread ...

Hope this helps
Damian

PS. Thanks Herve for helping ... ;)

I did get this to work - then. Now I come back a couple of weeks later and it doesn't happen.

Here's what I did:

1 - deleted and reinstalled tracker.
2 - Changed properties file as follows:

Dir=[F:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific]
GameType=[0]
Side=[1]
Password=[abc123]
SaveFile=[witp002.pws]
SaveMode=[2]

3 - Copied witp002.pws and pasted it in the tracker folder.
4 - Ran tracker - no problem - turn list shows turn 2.
5 - Deleted witp002.wps from tracker folder.
6 - Copied witp003.wps and pasted it in tracker folder.
7 - Renamed witp003.wps to witp002.wps
8 - Hit Tracker/Turn/Read Turn
9 - Get a popup message "Turn 2 is already loaded"

Dunno!

I tried changing the tracker properties savefile to witp003.wps, then copying witp003 to the tracker folder and hitting Tracker/Turn/Read Turn and , again I get "Turn 2 is already loaded"

< Message edited by OldCoot -- 1/30/2009 2:16:11 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 922
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/30/2009 2:16:17 AM   
n01487477

Old Coot,
Tracker is smart enough to check the turn save file.

So:
1. Are you sure that this is turn 3 ? Have you done an End of turn or just saved ?

do the procedure you have already mentioned again ... let me know

Damian

(in reply to OldCoot)
Post #: 923
RE: Happy New Year -- WitPTracker now at 1.5 - 1/30/2009 2:26:28 AM   
OldCoot

Bingo! I was trying to load a save - not an end of turn. I repeated procedure using the actual end of turn and turn 3 is there.

Thanks much!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 924
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 1:43:58 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveConn

Floyd, I just wanted to confirm your conclusion that the hang resulted from no pilots with kills. Since I had saved all the past turns of the game I had just started, I went back and found the first turn with a pilot kill, used that turn to initialize the database, and then loaded all the subsequent turns, and the program has performed fine since then.

--Dave

Excellent. The next version will contain the fix, so you won't be under pressure to shoot down any planes on the first turn...

(in reply to DaveConn)
Post #: 925
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 1:47:50 PM   
floydg

quote:

Here is the problem. In the CHS 2.08 scenario 155 file the 32nd Inf Div has the upgraded weapons ( 105mm How ). It never has the 75mm Field Gun. It doesn't look like you missed an upgrade, but that the scenario file has updated weapons but points to a formation file that doesn't have them. I think

So you think it's a problem with the scenario?

I think that makes me feel better...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 926
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 2:31:28 PM   
USSAmerica

I'm not a scenario design guy, but it sounds like reinforcements (like 32nd Inf Div) can arrive already outfitted with upgraded weapons.  From what I've read here, unless the unit arrives on the map, and then upgrades a device, Tracker won't notice the newer version of the device.  In the scenarios, are there supposed to be multiple versions of TOE for units, as newer weapons are available for upgrade?  Would these be the formation files referred to by Nomad?  I would love for someone to figure this out, so Tracker can accurately show me what the "current" TOE for a unit is, and not just the scenario start TOE. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 927
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 3:00:28 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I'm not a scenario design guy, but it sounds like reinforcements (like 32nd Inf Div) can arrive already outfitted with upgraded weapons.  From what I've read here, unless the unit arrives on the map, and then upgrades a device, Tracker won't notice the newer version of the device.  In the scenarios, are there supposed to be multiple versions of TOE for units, as newer weapons are available for upgrade?  Would these be the formation files referred to by Nomad?  I would love for someone to figure this out, so Tracker can accurately show me what the "current" TOE for a unit is, and not just the scenario start TOE. 

USS American - I've seen the same thing where a unit came in with the device upgraded as well. Not sure how we can deal with this but if Nomad kindly forwards the files then at least Floyd and I can have a look. I doubt however that we could predict this before the unit actually arrives however.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 928
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 3:06:46 PM   
Nomad

I am not sure what files you would like. If you look at my Dec 8, 1941 file, you will see that the 32nd Inf Div is slated to have 105mm How and not 75mm Field guns. If you look at the standard CHS 2.08 senario file in the editor you will see that the senario file has the 32nd Inf Div starting with 105 mm How and not 75mm Field guns. But it does show ( on page three of the editor ) that the formation is supposed to have 75mm Field guns. I can not give you a file that shows the 32nd Inf Div having 75mm Field guns because there isn't one.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 929
RE: WitPTracker 1.0 - 1/30/2009 3:44:38 PM   
n01487477

Nomad - I'm coming in half way here so I'm not sure if I have the story correct and I don't want to confuse the issue with what USS America is wishing for (a TOE which shows future device upgrades)

1. Your unit according to the editor (left diagram) didn't arrive as expected - it came in with its upgraded TOE as shown in the diagram(right)... this I have seen before.
2. The problem for Tracker is that the main LCU screen shows the initial formation and not the upgraded and actual formation ?

Or is there something I am missing ? If you send a file of the game as is now - Floyd can have a look or if it is not this problem then I have a number of my own files where I can have a look.

Sorry If I am confusing the issue - but always good to have a second look
Damian

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 930
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: WitPTracker 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI