Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Metro Football League - Season 6

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> Metro Football League - Season 6 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/14/2009 5:29:18 AM   
DreamTeams

Season 6 has kicked-off.

Week one results have been posted.

Who won the grudge-match between the Makos and Corsairs?

Post #: 1
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/14/2009 6:12:17 AM   
garysorrell

Alright!! Been waiting for this...and we have an offense!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 2
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/14/2009 8:58:08 AM   
Tullius

The league will see this season much more excitement and i do not think that one team can dominate the league or will be without a chance to make the playoff.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/14/2009 8:04:09 PM   
BigSmooth

It's nice to see Aaron back in the groove on the ground.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 4
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/14/2009 9:07:09 PM   
Reaser

Damn, not how we wanted to start the season, but Cape City is the toughest team we'll play all season and only lost by 3...looks like it was an awesome game, also looks like Jane has taken over from Hagen as our #1 WR which is worrying, as Hagen was the franchise last season...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to BigSmooth)
Post #: 5
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/17/2009 7:03:44 AM   
DreamTeams

Week two results have been posted.

Tritons and Monarchs clash. Who won this rivalry game?

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 6
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/17/2009 7:14:36 PM   
Reaser

Got the easy win, still crazy though, I'll trust the team but Hagen with no catches, and they already tried to cut him, what the hell is going on in St. Cruze, who's running things there, best player in the league last year and now he's nowhere to be found during the games, have a feeling that could hurt us this season...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 7
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 6:12:46 AM   
DreamTeams

Quick side notes:

-Just eliminated career ending injuries. My thought is that there is simply no need for career ending injuries in fictional play. So the ACL has been replaced with season ending very serious knee injury.

-Also, just completed a huge sound project I'd been working on during the offseason, as well. Now each stadium has its own sound package. Yaaaay!! Finally each team has it's own unique atmosphere from the bell toll at Invasion Field, to the cow bells at Forson Field, to the streaking touchdown fireworks at Comets Field, to the random air horns that dot the atmosphere along with the 'We Will Rock You' chant that sounds off at Bulldogs Stadium, to the 'War Chant' at Warrior Stadium, to the boisterous echo that saturates the air at the indoor Metropolitan Stadium, etc., etc. Really enhances each team's hometown atmosphere. It's been an even bigger blast to watch games lately.

As I've stated before, I have no other game quite like this one.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 8
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 4:50:35 PM   
Marauders

quote:

-Just eliminated career ending injuries. My thought is that there is simply no need for career ending injuries in fictional play. So the ACL has been replaced with season ending very serious knee injury.

I don't see a problem with career ending injuries - especially in fictional play. Injuries have always made leagues more realistic. That stated, in the real world there are far more small injuries compared to career ending injuries.

quote:

-Also, just completed a huge sound project I'd been working on during the offseason, as well. Now each stadium has its own sound package. Yaaaay!! Finally each team has it's own unique atmosphere from the bell toll at Invasion Field, to the cow bells at Forson Field, to the streaking touchdown fireworks at Comets Field, to the random air horns that dot the atmosphere along with the 'We Will Rock You' chant that sounds off at Bulldogs Stadium, to the 'War Chant' at Warrior Stadium, to the boisterous echo that saturates the air at the indoor Metropolitan Stadium, etc., etc. Really enhances each team's hometown atmosphere. It's been an even bigger blast to watch games lately.

That sounds cool. Do you manually change the files for each game? It would have been great to have the sound files load for the home team, but that didn't make it into the game.

quote:

As I've stated before, I have no other game quite like this one.

I agree, a lot can be done with it.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 9
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 7:27:45 PM   
DreamTeams

quote:

I don't see a problem with career ending injuries - especially in fictional play. Injuries have always made leagues more realistic. That stated, in the real world there are far more small injuries compared to career ending injuries.

Agreed. There's no real problem with it. Just a personal preference. What made me do this is that there were two career enders in the first two weeks of my current season. Now I have more small injuries. Also, since I create players I don't want them blown out by career ending injuries. Gone for the season is disappointing enough, though.

quote:

That sounds cool. Do you manually change the files for each game? It would have been great to have the sound files load for the home team, but that didn't make it into the game.

Yes. I manually switch them out according to the stadium I'm watching a game in. I have a sound package for my Metro Bowl championship game, as well. Replaced boos with cheers and it gives the game a neutral atmosphere or in other words both teams get their cheers from their fans. Also the 'Defence-Defence' chant is replaced with an air horn or it can be silenced for the championship game at a neutral site..

Here's my injury edits and additions to the main.dat file...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 1/19/2009 8:37:53 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 7:35:28 PM   
DreamTeams

Here's another fun little graphics project I just completed. Hope it inspires others to enjoy the many facets of fictional league customization.

I love circle logos so created and just installed circle mid-field logos for each team's home field. Here are a few samples...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 11
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 7:36:01 PM   
Marauders

Dreamteams, we are basically on the same page.  The injuries data file I created for the update is similar to the one you posted.  It adds a few other things as well.  I don't have the "kick in the balls" or similar injury that Old Coach added to his list for his 1930's league, but it does have some nice, and more realistic, changes than the game had originally.  It does still have career ending injuries.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 12
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 8:21:10 PM   
DreamTeams

Here are my post season mid-field logos. During the post-season the home team's mid-field logo is replaced by these depending on the playoff round. And off course the championship game has it's own mid-field dressing. Stayed with the circle format...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DreamTeams -- 1/19/2009 8:23:39 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 8:50:14 PM   
Marauders

quote:

quote:

Do you manually change the files for each game? It would have been great to have the sound files load for the home team, but that didn't make it into the game.

Yes. I manually switch them out according to the stadium I'm watching a game in.

I had recommended a sound folder and uniform folder for each team similar to how each team sets a playbook file for a team, but neither ended up as a priority.  To be fair, a lot of recommendations that I made, or the beta team made, were used in the game, and David kept that going up until his departure from Maximum Football 2.2.

quote:

I love circle logos so created and just installed circle mid-field logos for each team's home field.

Very nice.  That adds a lot to the look of a game.  I thought you played out the games in Sim mode though.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 14
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 9:03:31 PM   
DreamTeams

quote:

I had recommended a sound folder and uniform folder for each team similar to how each team sets a playbook file for a team, but neither ended up as a priority. To be fair, a lot of recommendations that I made, or the beta team made, were used in the game, and David kept that going up until his departure from Maximum Football 2.2.

That would have been sweet. Glad he implemented some of the recommendations. The game includes some fun stuff.

quote:

Very nice. That adds a lot to the look of a game. I thought you played out the games in Sim mode though..

Thanks. Actually, I watch the spotlight game each sim week and if I have time one other game. Then, I sim the rest of the games for the sim week. Also, I watch all post season games including the Metro Bowl. So, I'd say I watch about 20 games per season overall. Although, with the custom sound packages I find myself wanting to watch even more games, but just not enough time to do so.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 15
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/19/2009 11:03:50 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Actually, I watch the spotlight game each sim week and if I have time one other game. Then, I sim the rest of the games for the sim week. Also, I watch all post season games including the Metro Bowl.

That is how I recommend an owner of Maximum Football to play out a league.  Having a spotlight or showcase game allows one to see the 3D game and can balance out the stats.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 16
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/20/2009 9:33:17 AM   
DreamTeams

Week Three results have been posted.

Only three teams remain perfect. Who?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 17
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/20/2009 2:33:21 PM   
Marauders

Gotta like the result of the spotlight game.

Go Dragons!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 18
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/20/2009 8:54:58 PM   
Reaser

quote:

ORIGINAL: DreamTeams

Here's another fun little graphics project I just completed. Hope it inspires others to enjoy the many facets of fictional league customization.

I love circle logos so created and just installed circle mid-field logos for each team's home field. Here are a few samples...

Makos logo looks awesome!!!!

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 19
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/20/2009 9:02:26 PM   
Reaser

wow, what a disappointing week 3 loss...to the Spartans, damn, not a good start to this season, 1-2 isn't getting it done...

DT - Game score was 21-14 Spartans beat Makos, on the schedules, scores, standings page it says 21-18 next to the game, just a heads up...

love this league, obviously...still hoping one day I can watch a Makos game streamed or something, so I can see how the games are played out...or the Metro Bowl each season or something....

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 20
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/20/2009 10:40:54 PM   
DreamTeams

Oops. Typo. Fixed.

Thanks, Reaser.

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 21
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/22/2009 5:09:33 AM   
DreamTeams

Week Four results have been posted.

This could prove one of the MFL's most intriguing season's ever.

Many teams are contending.

Only one team still undefeated. Who?

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 22
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/22/2009 5:07:42 PM   
Marauders

Well, I hope Reaser is heppy that the Makos defeated the Dragons in a close game. 

I am not happy about it at all.  No ... I am not.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 23
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/22/2009 8:50:37 PM   
Reaser

Reaser is definately happy, ha, Dragons are always a tough team to beat.  Seems like all the traditionally good teams besides St. Patrick are 2-2.  Gonna be a crazy season.

At least Greaney is starting to play like he did when he went on to win the Metro Bowl MVP last season, and Hagen is finally involved in the offense.

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 24
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/24/2009 7:12:02 PM   
DreamTeams

Week Five results have been posted.

Things are still tight.

Who won the spotlight game?

Are the Keltics still perfect?

Looks like the individual rushing yards record could fall this season. Who's on target to shatter it? Click on 'current stats' and check individual rushing leaders.

Enjoy.

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 25
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/24/2009 8:10:38 PM   
Reaser

Nice shutout win for us.  Back in playoff position, I like it.

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 26
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/24/2009 10:11:29 PM   
Marauders

The Makos have the same record as the Dragons, but the Dragons just eek out wins.

The Dragons will have to play better to make a playoffs run.

(in reply to Reaser)
Post #: 27
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/27/2009 3:18:53 AM   
DreamTeams

Week Six results have been posted.

Interesting week.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 28
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/28/2009 12:27:06 AM   
Reaser

wow, terrible loss, we need to start winning and quick...

I blame the entire season so far on the GM who tried to get rid of Hagen and the coach who apparently has him on the bench...he was the best WR in the league last season but hasn't even been in the boxscore the past few games...

Metro Bowl 5 Champions!!

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 29
RE: Metro Football League - Season 6 - 1/31/2009 6:04:09 AM   
DreamTeams

Week Seven results have been posted.

Did the Invaders take down the undefeated Keltics?

How did QB Martinez do against his old team the Dragons, the team he took to the Metro Bowl, then benched and released him?

Another critical week is behind us with a huge make or break week just ahead, for some teams.

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Online Leagues >> Metro Football League - Season 6 Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI