Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More Tech events

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> More Tech events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Tech events - 1/27/2009 4:50:59 AM   
joe_canadian

Im still quiet raw at this game but I think the tech events portion is underused For one thing the germans had the best machine gun by far by the end of the war. Still one of the fastest single barrel machine guns in the world MG-42 (i belive i dont have time to check). Also they devoloped the very first assualt rifle the StormGriver(sorry for the spelling). There tanks where also superior at the end of the war. While the tigers and panthers did have production problems in tank vs tank combat they where usually unrivaled. Putting these without an answer on the allied side would probably unbalance the game but i think if some more technoligies where implemented it would add some divercity to late game play. Anyways thats just my 2 cents. Thanks for improving a already great game

History is written by the winners
Post #: 1
RE: More Tech events - 1/27/2009 5:02:46 AM   
runyan99

I'd say the tech events are overused. Outside of maybe Allied amphibious capacity ramping up automatically, I don't see a reason for it. Any tech can be researched and improved.

(in reply to joe_canadian)
Post #: 2
RE: More Tech events - 1/29/2009 10:14:20 PM   
Marshall Art

I would not mind a couple of additional tech events which also would include Japan, and which would direct Axis and Allied research towards more historical paths. The Japanese had superior naval torpedoes, a German heavy tank event would be cool, too. How about an Allied Radar event that gives WA BBs a ship and an air attack bonus. Throw in a Russian tac bomber event (flying tanks) and late war German missiles that increase AA Air attack. I like the way tech events are set up, they simply motivate the player to research into a tech that already has a few tech points but no event gives a tech for free.

(in reply to runyan99)
Post #: 3
RE: More Tech events - 2/3/2009 3:59:25 AM   
joe_canadian

Exactly the heavy tanks might make one last counter attack possilbe especially since there is talk making it more worthwhile to hold onto all the territory germany can.

History is written by the winners

(in reply to Marshall Art)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> More Tech events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI