Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 3:02:18 PM   
Treznor

Question, I just pushed the Brits back into Singapore and now all of my units in Johore can not move out of that hex, not north or south. Is this a bug? They are preparing for Singapore, does the game lock them down until a certain lvl of preparation is reached? I'm using the lasted patches on a Big B mod.

"Something 'witty' inserted here"
Post #: 1
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 3:09:46 PM   
DivePac88

If you have several units there don't move them all at once, stagger them or they will clog-up the road/rail line, and move at a snails-pace, taking forever to get anywhere.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 2
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 3:31:29 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treznor

Question, I just pushed the Brits back into Singapore and now all of my units in Johore can not move out of that hex, not north or south. Is this a bug? They are preparing for Singapore, does the game lock them down until a certain lvl of preparation is reached? I'm using the lasted patches on a Big B mod.

Hit the W key, then show a screen shot of the results... we'll be able to tell more what is going on then.

EDIT:
No - the game does not "lock down" units until a certain level of preparation is reached.

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 3
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:21:33 PM   
Treznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

If you have several units there don't move them all at once, stagger them or they will clog-up the road/rail line, and move at a snails-pace, taking forever to get anywhere.

This has nothing to do with my problem but thanks for the reply.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Hit the W key, then show a screen shot of the results... we'll be able to tell more what is going on then.

He is the screen shot...didn't know about that one. I see Carnage has been moving Chinese into Burma...or so it looks like. I hope they fix that, at least in the early stages you can see what your opponent is doing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 4
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:24:10 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

This has nothing to do with my problem but thanks for the reply.

quote:

He is the screen shot...didn't know about that one. I see Carnage has been moving Chinese into Burma...or so it looks like. I hope they fix that, at least in the early stages you can see what your opponent is doing.

They should move IF their morale isn't too low... you might also show screen shots of the units, or at least the lead unit.

If the morale is too low (iirc, if <=15) units will not enter the same hex as an enemy unit... and if you set all to follow and the lead unit has a low morale, you might be waiting a while.

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 5
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:26:20 PM   
Treznor

Here is what Happens if i choose to move Kampur...or any other place. I keep getting the hex I'm in.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 6
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:28:25 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Here is what Happens if i choose to move Kampur...or any other place. I keep getting the hex I'm in.

Hmmm... ok, this is odd... try clicking on the icon for the base in Singapore... sometimes that helps.

EDIT: click on the flag...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 2/18/2009 4:29:54 PM >

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 7
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:31:53 PM   
Treznor

I've tried that with Singapore and with other bases I control north of Johore, it keeps giving my my own hex. I guess I should of put this posting under tech support

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:35:23 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

I've tried that with Singapore and with other bases I control north of Johore, it keeps giving my my own hex. I guess I should of put this posting under tech support

Well, if clicking on the flag doesn't work, try clicking on the airbase symbol, and/or naval base symbol, and/or the unit symbol in the lower left.

If you just click on the hex in general, sometimes that doesn't work for some reason.

Also, have you rebooted lately??? If you haven't, this can mess things up.

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 9
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:38:11 PM   
Treznor

I've tried clicking everywhere...however I haven't rebooted...I think i"ll log off and do that...thanks for the help!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 10
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:46:50 PM   
Treznor

WOOT!!!! Thanks, that did the trick

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 11
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 4:48:02 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

WOOT!!!! Thanks, that did the trick

(in reply to Treznor)
Post #: 12
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 5:57:01 PM   
PeteG662

Also, note in the screenshot of the unit that the destination hex was Johore Bharu, not Singapore.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 13
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 6:06:03 PM   
herwin

quote:

quote:

Well, if clicking on the flag doesn't work, try clicking on the airbase symbol, and/or naval base symbol, and/or the unit symbol in the lower left.

If you just click on the hex in general, sometimes that doesn't work for some reason.

I've sometimes run into the same problem in China. Unit A will move and unit B will refuse. Both high morale.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 14
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/18/2009 8:21:15 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

Also, note in the screenshot of the unit that the destination hex was Johore Bharu, not Singapore.

That was his problem... he was setting it to Singapore but the computer kept resetting it to Johore Bahru where the unit was already situated!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 15
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/19/2009 9:24:26 AM   
CarnageINC

DARNIT!  You fixed it 

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 16
RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu - 2/19/2009 11:59:27 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

quote:

I've sometimes run into the same problem in China. Unit A will move and unit B will refuse. Both high morale.

Movement problems in China drive me bonkers...

There are times the problems can NOT be solved by ordinary means... in one case in Threadwar we had to resort to help from the programmers to solve a particularly vexing "non-movement" issue.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI