IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Treznor -> IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 3:02:18 PM)

Question, I just pushed the Brits back into Singapore and now all of my units in Johore can not move out of that hex, not north or south. Is this a bug? They are preparing for Singapore, does the game lock them down until a certain lvl of preparation is reached? I'm using the lasted patches on a Big B mod.

DivePac88 -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 3:09:46 PM)

If you have several units there don't move them all at once, stagger them or they will clog-up the road/rail line, and move at a snails-pace, taking forever to get anywhere.

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 3:31:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treznor

Question, I just pushed the Brits back into Singapore and now all of my units in Johore can not move out of that hex, not north or south. Is this a bug? They are preparing for Singapore, does the game lock them down until a certain lvl of preparation is reached? I'm using the lasted patches on a Big B mod.

Hit the W key, then show a screen shot of the results... we'll be able to tell more what is going on then.

EDIT:
No - the game does not "lock down" units until a certain level of preparation is reached.

Treznor -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:21:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

If you have several units there don't move them all at once, stagger them or they will clog-up the road/rail line, and move at a snails-pace, taking forever to get anywhere.

This has nothing to do with my problem but thanks for the reply.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Hit the W key, then show a screen shot of the results... we'll be able to tell more what is going on then.

He is the screen shot...didn't know about that one. I see Carnage has been moving Chinese into Burma...or so it looks like. I hope they fix that, at least in the early stages you can see what your opponent is doing.

[image]local://upfiles/30616/4362F88BA2A142C7BA32837CEF55F4C9.jpg[/image]

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:24:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

This has nothing to do with my problem but thanks for the reply.

quote:

He is the screen shot...didn't know about that one. I see Carnage has been moving Chinese into Burma...or so it looks like. I hope they fix that, at least in the early stages you can see what your opponent is doing.

[image]local://upfiles/30616/4362F88BA2A142C7BA32837CEF55F4C9.jpg[/image]

They should move IF their morale isn't too low... you might also show screen shots of the units, or at least the lead unit.

If the morale is too low (iirc, if <=15) units will not enter the same hex as an enemy unit... and if you set all to follow and the lead unit has a low morale, you might be waiting a while.

Treznor -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:26:20 PM)

Here is what Happens if i choose to move Kampur...or any other place. I keep getting the hex I'm in.

[image]local://upfiles/30616/03867BD7966E4A59A332A696CE7A4286.jpg[/image]

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:28:25 PM)

quote:

Here is what Happens if i choose to move Kampur...or any other place. I keep getting the hex I'm in.

[image]local://upfiles/30616/03867BD7966E4A59A332A696CE7A4286.jpg[/image]

[&:]Hmmm... ok, this is odd... try clicking on the icon for the base in Singapore... sometimes that helps.

EDIT: click on the flag...

[image]local://upfiles/7543/8D0EC2EF42334CD3B54601FC92E69C69.jpg[/image]

Treznor -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:31:53 PM)

I've tried that with Singapore and with other bases I control north of Johore, it keeps giving my my own hex. I guess I should of put this posting under tech support [sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:35:23 PM)

quote:

I've tried that with Singapore and with other bases I control north of Johore, it keeps giving my my own hex. I guess I should of put this posting under tech support [sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

Well, if clicking on the flag doesn't work, try clicking on the airbase symbol, and/or naval base symbol, and/or the unit symbol in the lower left.

If you just click on the hex in general, sometimes that doesn't work for some reason.

Also, have you rebooted lately??? If you haven't, this can mess things up.

Treznor -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:38:11 PM)

I've tried clicking everywhere...however I haven't rebooted...I think i"ll log off and do that...thanks for the help!

Treznor -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:46:50 PM)

WOOT!!!! Thanks, that did the trick[;)]

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 4:48:02 PM)

quote:

WOOT!!!! Thanks, that did the trick[;)]

[8D]

PeteG662 -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 5:57:01 PM)

Also, note in the screenshot of the unit that the destination hex was Johore Bharu, not Singapore.

herwin -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 6:06:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

Well, if clicking on the flag doesn't work, try clicking on the airbase symbol, and/or naval base symbol, and/or the unit symbol in the lower left.

If you just click on the hex in general, sometimes that doesn't work for some reason.

I've sometimes run into the same problem in China. Unit A will move and unit B will refuse. Both high morale.

bradfordkay -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/18/2009 8:21:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tallyman662

Also, note in the screenshot of the unit that the destination hex was Johore Bharu, not Singapore.

That was his problem... he was setting it to Singapore but the computer kept resetting it to Johore Bahru where the unit was already situated!

CarnageINC -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/19/2009 9:24:26 AM)

DARNIT!  You fixed it [8D]

rtrapasso -> RE: IJA units stuck in Johore Bharu (2/19/2009 11:59:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

quote:

I've sometimes run into the same problem in China. Unit A will move and unit B will refuse. Both high morale.

Movement problems in China drive me bonkers...[sm=00000018.gif]

There are times the problems can NOT be solved by ordinary means... in one case in Threadwar we had to resort to help from the programmers to solve a particularly vexing "non-movement" issue.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI