Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 8:19:31 PM   
FOW

OK

It's Feb 42, BigB v1.5 PDU on.

7th BG has been upgraded to LB-30s and shipped to Papaete on it's way to SEAC. 48 a.c and pilots unload. The plan was to fly to Oz as they repair via PagoPago to Rockhampton. In this shot you see I've moved the first few a/c to Pago Pago.
Six days later and the unit is down to 18 a/c and 48 pilots - a/c are just disappearing from Papaete (a rate of 5 per day). No Op losses / destroyed on ground - nothing! Nothing is on board a ship as I can see all the pilots in the fragments.

Any ideas anyone???????

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FOW -- 2/23/2009 8:24:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 8:20:17 PM   
FOW

Here is the status 5 days after the first.
The day after this screenshot the a/c at PagoPago had flown to Rockhampton (7 a/c) and Papaete was down to 7 airframes

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by FOW -- 2/23/2009 8:23:22 PM >

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 8:21:31 PM   
FOW

As you can see from the air losses screen NO LB-30s have been lost

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 8:36:47 PM   
Wolfpack_MatrixForum

There are a few on a lone AK at Papaete this turn. It wasn't a full squadron only 7 aircraft(1 active 6 damaged). I did this as Pago Pago looked to be invaded in the next couple turns. This is the current status when the Japs returned the current turn before Steve or I did anything....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 9:50:19 PM   
Barb

This happened to fragments - had something similar with AVG after interception of pesky Japs. some 15 planes got damaged and as I dont wanted the whole group to sit there and call air attack on them I moved them out. after few days the group was down from 77 to 71 planes.

Planes go to pool I think so no loss with them. Just curious if supplies got returned

(in reply to Wolfpack_MatrixForum)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/23/2009 11:04:22 PM   
rtrapasso

This happens sometimes... for some reason at least SOME (not all) of the aircraft get returned to the pool... some of them vanish, but the majority seem to show up in the pool later*... it is extremely hard to track, because often there is a turn or so before they return to the pool... unfortunately, i have no idea why it happens, or how to cure it, but it is a known bug.

*EDIT: at least, as best as i could determine when it bit me. About 2/3 would show up in the pool within a turn or so.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 2/23/2009 11:09:33 PM >

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/24/2009 12:17:43 PM   
FOW

Those 7 at Papaete are now down to 2 when finally loaded on AK.

Thats 35 a/c lost in 7 days - I need to check the pool before the losses, 14 in there at the moment.
With a replacement rate of 1 (Yes ONE) per month thats THREE years production lost .

This has only affected the large fragment at Papaete, all the other fragment have been unaffected.
Hopefully the AK will make it past KB patrolled waters and join up in Sydney where I will, god willing, have an air unit of 13 a/c and 48 pilots

< Message edited by FOW -- 2/24/2009 12:18:32 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 6:02:02 AM   
afspret

IIRC, you need to give your unit some type of mission, even if the number of serviceable a/c is 0. Also make sure when you have any fragments of an air unit that they also have some type of mission. Its been my experience that doing so will prevent this from happening.

Also, don't the LB-30s (or B-17Es, which the 7th starts with) have the legs to hop all the way across from the West Coast to the SEAC?

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 8
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 10:35:40 AM   
Yamato hugger

The airplanes leaking problem is literally on the top of the list to be fixed in the next patch. Since I make that list I should know

Well actually its 5th on the list, but the other 4 ahead ot it are quick-fixes.

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 9
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 12:33:14 PM   
FOW

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret

Also, don't the LB-30s (or B-17Es, which the 7th starts with) have the legs to hop all the way across from the West Coast to the SEAC?

Only if your Japanese opponents leave you the islands to hop across

(in reply to afspret)
Post #: 10
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 12:38:14 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOW

quote:

ORIGINAL: afspret

Only if your Japanese opponents leave you the islands to hop across

You could always do what the Allies actually did - hop them through the USSR (yes, it did happen by arrangements with the Soviets... US planes got interned if they showed up without invitation, though.)

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 11
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 10:52:44 PM   
FOW

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

You could always do what the Allies actually did - hop them through the USSR (yes, it did happen by arrangements with the Soviets... US planes got interned if they showed up without invitation, though.)

does that work in the game - I've never tried it?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 12
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 10:58:32 PM   
Yamato hugger

I believe it does, never tried it myself but I have heard enough people talk about it.

(in reply to FOW)
Post #: 13
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/25/2009 11:15:10 PM   
jcjordan

Yes it works but while they're at a USSR base they can't do any missions just xfer thru. I do it all the time when I want to send air units to China or SEAC from WC or Can

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 14
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/27/2009 7:07:47 PM   
rominet

This known bug can have some advantages sometimes.
For example with air CV groups.
After a recompletion of this kind of air group, you may have too many aircraft for the CV.
It is the case when you can not make an "upgrade-donwgrade" of the group.
A (21) Zero group on Hiryu for example can appear like a 21 ready plane plus 16 in repair plane so impossible to put on the CV (37 pilots).
But the turn after, there are only 11 plane in repair, and after one day, 6, and 1 so it is ok to go on board. The pilots are never lost.
From my own statistics, when you lose 5 plane a turn, 2 or 3 are put in pool, the others are definitively lost.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 15
RE: Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please - 2/28/2009 12:47:09 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

From my own statistics, when you lose 5 plane a turn, 2 or 3 are put in pool, the others are definitively lost.

This is about what i got... around 30 - 40% of the aircraft vanished entirely, and the rest showed up in the pool... i had a bit of trouble tracking exact numbers since the type effected had something like 2.5 aircraft being made per turn...

the way that the game handles this "odd number" of 2.5 seems to be you always get 2 aircraft, and the third aircraft has a die roll, so you never were quite sure if how many aircraft in the pool were from replacements/manufacturing, and how many were showing up due to the glitch...

(in reply to rominet)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Disappearing Aircraft - NO John3rd or QBall please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI