Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Worst Actors Ever

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Worst Actors Ever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/11/2009 4:00:17 PM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

Now I did it. I awoke the sleeping giant of the Bill Paxton Fan Club.

mo reb

Both of us are awake and watching you now!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Charleton Heston. He was a good guy, but "Omega Man" is one of the worst movies ever made and definately had the worst music.

Bite your tongue! That's been one of my favorites since seeing it on the big screen! (I will admit however, that it probably hasn't aged well).

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 61
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/11/2009 7:05:22 PM   
Charles2222

Okay, okay, okay, I thought I would provide a little service again here. For those of you who want to see the great actors in their tour-de-force form, here they are (PFTW). But be aware it doesn't have any of the things you really liked, no craved, about the other PFTW clip, which featured Andy at his best. Who needs Don Knotts anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzF4X1cq7k

(in reply to E)
Post #: 62
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 1:05:49 AM   
hgilmer3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Charleton Heston. He was a good guy, but "Omega Man" is one of the worst movies ever made and definately had the worst music.

One or two bad movies and he is one of the worst ever? His early work in 10 Commandments and Ben Hur should keep him from ever being in a "worst actor" category.

I was going to mention Christopher Lambert. Does his facial expression ever change in any of his movies?

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 63
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 3:26:56 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3
His early work in 10 Commandments and Ben Hur should keep him from ever being in a "worst actor" category.

Those alone should keep good ole Charlie from ever being in an "actor" category. Didja ever see "Planet of the Apes"? He did his best work there while he couldn't talk.

But, see, "actors" from that era weren't really "actors." They were "stars" who were recognizable from the persona they projected onscreen. People would go to see 'em just to see 'em. It was a different world before Marlon Brando. There were so many of 'em: John Wayne, Charlton Heston, Kirk Douglas, Hank Fonda, Humphrey Bogart, Clark Gable, Cary Grant ... the list goes on and on.

Thing is, they weren't characters, they were personalities. They were kept in the movie studios' kennel and groomed to have enough universal appeal that any movie they were plugged into would make money because the public would come and see 'em no matter how lousy the vehicle.

Some tried to take their craft seriously. Others just wallowed in it. Evaluating them on the basis of their acting ability is kind of like evaluating spermatozoa on the basis of their swimming ability ... they're there, they're doing what they do, the outcome is whatever it is ... and I ain't evaluating the female side of things, which is a different kettle of fish altogether...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to hgilmer3)
Post #: 64
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 3:52:03 AM   
Charles2222

No, all he had to do was utter that one classic line in POTA, and he was set thereafter for thespian immortality. Now what was that line again? "You miserable ape"! or something like that. I mean, that line was right up there with that spare in one of the Star Wars movies that said, "You rebel scum". Now that's what I call acting!

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 65
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 3:52:23 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri Rebel

Now I did it. I awoke the sleeping giant of the Bill Paxton Fan Club. 

mo reb

For all those in the club;

Some of the most memorable lines:

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000855/quotes

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Missouri Rebel)
Post #: 66
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 3:54:00 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

No, all he had to do was utter that one classic line in POTA, and he was set thereafter for thespian immortality. Now what was that line again? "You miserable ape"! or something like that. I mean, that line was right up there with that spare in one of the Star Wars movies that said, "You rebel scum". Now that's what I call acting!

Heeheehee. Kissing homely women dressed up as giant chimpanzees helped too...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Charles2222)
Post #: 67
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 2:49:24 PM   
Charles2222

Speaking of bad actors and Shat, I remembered this from when I first saw this about a year ago. This is absolutely hilarious, and this coming from a guy who never heard the original song that's being spoofed here. BTW, the chorus if you can't make it out is "dramatic pause" over and over. I got tears in my eyes again. Oh man.

Fire at will
young shatner's acting
gives us such a thrill
and Bones is there
In case it makes us ill
dramatic pauses
placed with total skill

I actually like Shat, but I can still laugh at him too. His singing though...please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsXoUMH13H8

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 1/12/2009 3:09:20 PM >

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 68
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 5:47:32 PM   
Southernland

I'd like to suggest Vincent Gallo, and strangely enough he also heads my worst actor and (even more incredibly) worst writer categories.   For an example of his true awfulness check out brown bunny.   Or rather don't.  JUst imagine the worst heap of steaming bat gauno multiply it by ten, shudder at the closeness of your escape and move on with your life 

"The opening scene of Gallo driving was originally almost 20 minutes of him just driving until it was cut down because it was too long."

"For many critics, the worst film ever admitted into the competition of the Cannes film festival."

"The Region 1 (U.S.) DVD version of The Brown Bunny contains about 304 shots in just under 92 minutes of action. This equates to: An Average Shot Length = ~17.9 seconds. A Median Shot Length = ~18.6 seconds. This contrasts with most contemporary Hollywood films that usually contain a few thousand shots, and hence average shot lengths around 2 to 5 seconds."

Post #: 69
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/12/2009 5:56:15 PM   
Charles2222

"shudder at the closenes of your escape"

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 70
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/13/2009 11:00:14 PM   
Southernland

incidentally Bill Paxton rocks in the thoroughly under appreciated "Near Dark" too

Disclaimer  (not a founder member of the Bill Paxton fanclub) 

Post #: 71
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/14/2009 3:37:36 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

I'd like to suggest Vincent Gallo, and strangely enough he also heads my worst actor and (even more incredibly) worst writer categories.   For an example of his true awfulness check out brown bunny.   Or rather don't.  JUst imagine the worst heap of steaming bat gauno multiply it by ten, shudder at the closeness of your escape and move on with your life 

"The opening scene of Gallo driving was originally almost 20 minutes of him just driving until it was cut down because it was too long."

"For many critics, the worst film ever admitted into the competition of the Cannes film festival."

"The Region 1 (U.S.) DVD version of The Brown Bunny contains about 304 shots in just under 92 minutes of action. This equates to: An Average Shot Length = ~17.9 seconds. A Median Shot Length = ~18.6 seconds. This contrasts with most contemporary Hollywood films that usually contain a few thousand shots, and hence average shot lengths around 2 to 5 seconds."

Buffalo '66 wasn't any better.

(in reply to Southernland)
Post #: 72
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/18/2009 1:27:28 AM   
Charles2222

How about best animal actor ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750SxyO2c64&feature=related

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 73
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/18/2009 3:14:23 AM   
Brigz

quote:

Best animal actor ever....Lance Link

Worst animal actor ever....Flipper

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

Post #: 74
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/18/2009 3:32:21 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Briggs

quote:

Best animal actor ever....Lance Link

Worst animal actor ever....Flipper

But I never saw Lance Link use Kung Fu. I still say it's Lassie. Lance also couldn't lip-synch as good as Lassie could. I think the cast of the New Zoo Revue, beat Flipper any day for sheer awfulness.

(in reply to Brigz)
Post #: 75
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/22/2009 3:38:00 PM   
LarryP

Jim Carey is one of the worst, he overacts like John Ritter did. Could add Ritter to the list too.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 1/22/2009 3:40:25 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 76
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/22/2009 5:06:58 PM   
jnier

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

Buffalo '66 wasn't any better.

Buffalo 66 was a great movie. Different strokes I guess.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 77
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/22/2009 7:25:30 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

Jim Carey is one of the worst, he overacts like John Ritter did. Could add Ritter to the list too.

Ritter was pretty good in Bad Santa, I never really liked him too much for the same reason as you. But he was well casted in Bad Santa, IMHO.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 78
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/22/2009 7:29:09 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Ritter was pretty good in Bad Santa, I never really liked him too much for the same reason as you. But he was well casted in Bad Santa, IMHO.

I always thought he had a lot of talent for acting, but just tried too hard at times which made him seem fake. I saw him in an episode of Kojak last night (retro channel) and he was OK in that. Now in the series of Three's Company, they all overacted!

< Message edited by LarryP -- 1/23/2009 2:50:36 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 79
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/23/2009 5:09:12 AM   
thegreatwent

Keanu Reeves actually is my vote. He can emote as much as a log. Sorry Nik

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 80
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/23/2009 7:47:19 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I always thought he had a lot of talent for acting, but just tried too hard at times which made him seem fake. I saw him in an episode of Kojak last night (retro channel) and he was OK in that. Now in the series of Three's Company, they all overacted!

Yeah, that was his style, sort of over the top goofy. Normal Fell was one actor in 3's company that I used to really like, they way he ginned ear to ear when he said something funny about his wife.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 81
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/25/2009 12:37:37 AM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

I hear Tom Cruise on the worst actor's list a bit. I don't think that he's a terrible actor per se, but he just plain over acts in most of his roles ...

How can you over-act when you can't act in the first place?

I heard Cruise almost single-handedly ruined Valkyrie.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 82
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/25/2009 1:40:11 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: GJK

I hear Tom Cruise on the worst actor's list a bit. I don't think that he's a terrible actor per se, but he just plain over acts in most of his roles ...

How can you over-act when you can't act in the first place?

Yep-he is one of the worst. I will avoid a movie if he is in it.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 83
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/25/2009 6:38:42 PM   
Grymme

Steve Martin.

Although being in the "a 1000 movies you have to see before you die"-list "the jerk" might be one of the worst, racist, most horrible movies ive seen in a long time.

And Steven Segal of course. My childhood friends love him. One time we rented a Steven Segal movie (i was voted down). How i laughed when he fell out of an airplane and died after 5 minutes. No one else laughed though :)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 84
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/25/2009 9:49:36 PM   
Missouri Rebel

A quote from the movie;
'Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey'.

Yeah, you are right. Referring to a Caucasian as 'Whitey' is pretty racist, but it is a movie after all. A darn funny one at that.

mo reb

We must act... against the Sioux, even to the extermination of men, WOMEN and CHILDREN.The more Indians we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed next year. They all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers.- w.t. SHErMAN

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 85
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 1/25/2009 10:03:27 PM   
Jutland13

Keanu Reeves, hands down. He is still Bill or Ted, whichever. The guy is just flat out brutal, which leaves hope for the rest of us. 

Post #: 86
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 2/24/2009 9:36:24 PM   
Marauders

If we are talking big name actors that are almost guaranteed to play the role like a piece of wood:

Keanu Reeves
Ben Affleck
Steven Segal
Jean Claude VanDam
Kevin Costner
Hayden Christensen
Jake Lloyd

Watching the overrated Natalie Portman with Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar Stinks was just too much.

So what did we get for Episodes II and III? Hayden "the whiner" Christensen.

Now we have to put up with Ashley "the whiner" Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano in Clone Wars.

George Lucas is an idiot! He ruined Star Wars.

(in reply to Jutland13)
Post #: 87
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 2/24/2009 10:06:42 PM   
John 3rd

I felt Episode III finally delivered the goods.  That movie ROCKED and Hayden almost--maybe not quite--acted in it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 88
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 2/25/2009 4:05:35 PM   
Charles2222

He's Dead Jim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0ojI

Followed by Jim being dead. This is the logical conclusion of what should had happened on the ST TOS Dagger of the Mind episode. Even in his latter years, Shat still hadn't lost that dagger style acting. It even has my boy Roddy McDowell in it. It just doesn't get any better than this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-YR4E3P6E&NR=1

And now, the original DOTM. See the great tension. Kirk at his best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgGn3LpP44

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 89
RE: Worst Actors Ever - 2/25/2009 5:06:08 PM   
PunkReaper

Sorry couldn't see anything wrong with the above video clips. Great dialogue great acting. Just what point where you trying to make...
No-one acts as well as William Shatner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srOGcEYLYRw&NR=1

QED

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Worst Actors Ever Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI