Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What time today ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: What time today ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What time today ? - 2/25/2009 11:46:04 PM   
cdbeck

I think that's the right move, Erik. Although, I really don't think you are competing as much with E:TW as you think you are. Most of us who want both will buy both, others will be put off by E:TW's RTS gameplay and simplistic strategy map (compared to CoG). There will be a crowd that will never play nor hear of CoG, but you really don't have to worry about them, anyway. I think many people are going to be repeat buyers and upgraders - people like me, who want to have the new additions to an already awesom game. That core demographic is pretty solid.

Anyway, I think it is worth trumping E:TW, though, just to get the release notice out before the weekend (gives people one chance to be impulsive before E:TW is out). You well understand how a week can seem like an eternity in computer releases (well, at least a DIFFERENT eternity than the one you go through in actually getting them out the door). So a person, sitting a week before E:TW will say "Heck, I can get this, E:TW is still a ways off." At least I rationalize things like that...

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to Zakhal)
Post #: 61
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 12:33:30 AM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: tonedog

im gonna hazard a guess here n say i reckon most people, me included, would go for the digital download if that means gettin to play it earlier.  everygame ive bought from u guys have been digital.  u can always release a physical version at a later date.

Ditto. In fact, I'll likely only do the digital release.

(in reply to cato13)
Post #: 62
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 12:43:48 AM   
oldspec4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Son_of_Montfort

I think that's the right move, Erik. Although, I really don't think you are competing as much with E:TW as you think you are. Most of us who want both will buy both, others will be put off by E:TW's RTS gameplay and simplistic strategy map (compared to CoG). There will be a crowd that will never play nor hear of CoG, but you really don't have to worry about them, anyway. I think many people are going to be repeat buyers and upgraders - people like me, who want to have the new additions to an already awesom game. That core demographic is pretty solid.

Anyway, I think it is worth trumping E:TW, though, just to get the release notice out before the weekend (gives people one chance to be impulsive before E:TW is out). You well understand how a week can seem like an eternity in computer releases (well, at least a DIFFERENT eternity than the one you go through in actually getting them out the door). So a person, sitting a week before E:TW will say "Heck, I can get this, E:TW is still a ways off." At least I rationalize things like that...

SoM

Well said..I generally don't care for RTS games and prefer the CoG gameplay. Therefore, I'm definitely in the repeat buyer/upgrader category. I'm also a Matrix download fanboy since the Summer 2004 WITP release.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 63
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 12:49:23 AM   
Fintilgin

Any idea what the discount will be for owners of the first CoG?  I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there would be one.  I bought CoG back around the time it came out, but I never really managed to give it the time it deserved to really get into it.  I've sort of been waiting for CoG:EE to give it a fresh start.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 64
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 1:29:09 AM   
Franck

OH MY GOD!

I... I... can't believe this! I'll finaly be the proud owner of COG:EE!

Well I already filled in all the divorce papers!!!

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 65
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 3:09:59 AM   
Gil R.

quote:

SoM

Fortunately, this is one of those problems that can be solved. All it takes is a few people who are high on COG:EE spreading the word on other forums...

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 66
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 3:36:24 AM   
sabre100

Erik

Thanks for asking your loyal customers what they want and giving everybody what they wanted.  I agree with most release digital now and have people like myself who only buy digital get it now and those that want physical get it when that is out.  They would need to wait for it anyways so why hold up the user's that don't want physical.  Very good move and listening to your customers this is another reason why I continue to buy Matrix games always you guys deserve the support most companies don't even care what their customers think.

Regards

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 67
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:19:42 AM   
DasTactic

Well said, Sabre100. It is great to have such active communication with the game developer. Speaks volumes about the care and pride placed in the final product. :D

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 68
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:32:53 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: mullinFOAD

I'll be waiting for the digital + physical option. So, whenever that is available I'll be a-buyin.

+1

Flipper

(in reply to mullinFOAD)
Post #: 69
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 7:50:36 AM   
moose1999

Damn! For a minute I thought I could be playing it monday night, but I got to have the digital + physical, so I'll have to wait a few more days.
But I see some great weekends coming up...

regards,

Briny

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 70
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 9:11:02 AM   
cdbeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Fortunately, this is one of those problems that can be solved. All it takes is a few people who are high on COG:EE spreading the word on other forums...

Hey, your preaching to the choir here Gil! I have never even seen the new game (other than in screenshots) and I have been talking it up in several places. Why, because I am confident that it will be a great piece of work. CoG and FoF were and are not perfect games (what game is perfect, other than Barbie's Horse Adventures), but they are fun, realistic, detailed, and well-thought out games. I would say that the words "you finally get to play your turned based Europa Universalis style game" would apply.

SoM

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 71
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 9:27:00 AM   
undercovergeek

im a download fanboy - so thats my weekend out of the window!!!!

i get a PDF manual in the download though yes? i can print that at work

now...SPREAD THE WORD

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 72
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 9:34:30 AM   
Matto

Manual is important ... but for first play I'm sure you need only Tutorial Videos ... its great created and easy to study 

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 73
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 11:32:46 AM   
JudgeDredd

Erik

I'm very glad you've decided to do this and I wish it had been something that was left in place...we used to be able to buy a digital version prior to the physical version being available, but it suddenly stopped.

I have always been an advocate of this method (release digital when ready and physical at a later date) because you support both parties...people who do not need a physical version with paper manual and people who do want a physical version with manual.

For what it's worth, I will wait for the digital + physical option, because I would like a printed manual with this one....but I see no need for the peeps who do not want a manual to wait.

And, as you've already pointed out, it could be a good play on your part, what with Empire Total War coming out. I don't think that will affect real computer strategists cravings, and they would most likely buy CoG EE anyway, but for those who will not by both right away, it makes sense to get yours out the door.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 74
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 11:51:50 AM   
undercovergeek

on behalf of mrs dredd and all the junior dredds i have decided you are not allowed to buy this game to add to your pile of unplayed titles.

No more games for you until youve finished a full WitP PBEM game, sold all your boardgames and admit that if it wasnt for England Scotland would be bankrupt - then you can buy COG:EE ok?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 75
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 2:46:45 PM   
JudgeDredd

But I AM the Law!

Besides, have spare cash, will spend  

Post #: 76
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 3:02:35 PM   
undercovergeek

always with the spare cash

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 77
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 3:32:30 PM   
JudgeDredd

lol...the reason I have spare cash these days is because last May I moved jobs...and work 4 miles from home instead 24. So I sold my car and cycle to work every day...the savings from May last year to date are £1700 and will be in the region of £2000 a year!

Petrol used to cost me £200pm. Road tax £200pa. Car Insurance £300pa and maintenance around £1000+pa with "fixes"...

I'm saving most of it, but I think I'm entitled a little extravagance for giving up my car and all the expenses therein...don't you?  

Post #: 78
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 5:23:35 PM   
cdbeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

on behalf of mrs dredd and all the junior dredds i have decided you are not allowed to buy this game to add to your pile of unplayed titles.

No more games for you until youve finished a full WitP PBEM game, sold all your boardgames and admit that if it wasnt for England Scotland would be bankrupt - then you can buy COG:EE ok?

JD, when did your wife sign in here?

SoM

Post #: 79
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:10:50 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Hey, your preaching to the choir here Gil! I have never even seen the new game (other than in screenshots) and I have been talking it up in several places. Why, because I am confident that it will be a great piece of work. CoG and FoF were and are not perfect games (what game is perfect, other than Barbie's Horse Adventures), but they are fun, realistic, detailed, and well-thought out games. I would say that the words "you finally get to play your turned based Europa Universalis style game" would apply.

SoM

Great to know -- thanks! I've been noticing that we've been getting a lot of hits recently...

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 80
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:11:22 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

im a download fanboy - so thats my weekend out of the window!!!!

i get a PDF manual in the download though yes? i can print that at work

now...SPREAD THE WORD

Yes, .pdf is most definitely in the download.

Post #: 81
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:32:43 PM   
dude

Speaking of the manual... is there a section that just describes the major changes from COG?  I've had games in the past where there's just one chapter up front for previous players of older versions that just cover a few major changes to allow them to jump right in without reviewing the whole manual for all the changes.

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 82
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:47:02 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: dude

Speaking of the manual... is there a section that just describes the major changes from COG?  I've had games in the past where there's just one chapter up front for previous players of older versions that just cover a few major changes to allow them to jump right in without reviewing the whole manual for all the changes.

Well, sort of. Our lead developer/programmer/etc. EricBabe wrote a VERY long letter to our customers detailing the numerous changes, and in many cases explaining his/our thinking behind them. It will be in the ReadMe.pdf file (though I'll probably post it here in the forum as well when the time comes). So while the manual doesn't indicate what has changed, reading that will clue you in to just about anything you would need to know. And most/all of the changes not specifically described there will be quite obvious, I should add.

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 83
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 6:49:24 PM   
Fullervc

Edging ever closer to Friday...tick...tick...tick...

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 84
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 8:50:36 PM   
balto

"Barbie's Horse Adventures".., man, that is super funny. Thanks.

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 85
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 10:46:58 PM   
Titanwarrior89

How much is L200 and what is the road tax? How does that work?
quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

lol...the reason I have spare cash these days is because last May I moved jobs...and work 4 miles from home instead 24. So I sold my car and cycle to work every day...the savings from May last year to date are £1700 and will be in the region of £2000 a year!

Petrol used to cost me £200pm. Road tax £200pa. Car Insurance £300pa and maintenance around £1000+pa with "fixes"...

I'm saving most of it, but I think I'm entitled a little extravagance for giving up my car and all the expenses therein...don't you?  

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 86
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 11:47:07 PM   
JudgeDredd

L200??? You mean £200? That is 200 UK pounds. Road Tax is a legal requirement to drive on Britains roads and is renewed every 12 months at your cost. It depends on the size of engine how much you pay in road tax. My wife had a 1.1litre and paid less than £100 a year. I had a 1.8litre and it cost around £200.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 87
RE: What time today ? - 2/26/2009 11:51:23 PM   
mullinFOAD

Just curious, but approximately how long after the digital release will the digital + physical copies be done?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 88
RE: What time today ? - 2/27/2009 1:31:21 AM   
Erik Rutins

The Digital + Physical options should show up in the store 3-4 business days after the digital download release. However, it will take a few weeks for the physical copies to actually be in stock and shipping out, until that time we'll be taking physical orders, but they'll be backordered (which is why you'd want to go Digital + Physical so you can download and play while you wait).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mullinFOAD)
Post #: 89
RE: What time today ? - 2/27/2009 2:01:35 AM   
TheOx

I've been a really good boy for the past 2 days of Lent, can I have CoG:EE tomorrow? Totally not eating meat tomorrow, I promise!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: What time today ? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI