Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: No widescreen resolution support?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: No widescreen resolution support? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: No widescreen resolution support? - 3/4/2009 10:41:08 PM   
Canuck_jp

Oh I understand what you're saying.  You're playing in the 1072x768 scrolling mode.  Can you play in 1072x768  compress mode (it shoves everything onto the screen at once) on your Eee 900?

(in reply to SpaceBum)
Post #: 31
RE: No widescreen resolution support? - 3/5/2009 4:38:30 AM   
SpaceBum

Canuck35:

Yes, I'm playing in 1024x768 scrolling mode.  Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.  I haven't tried it in compressed mode.  I like to maintain the correct aspect ratio; stretched video really bothers me.  However, I don't see why it wouldn't work in compressed mode.  I'll give it a try and let you know.

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 32
RE: No widescreen resolution support? - 3/5/2009 4:58:41 AM   
Canuck_jp

Thanks Spacebum.  I hate having to scroll around a screen.  I'm concerned about two things: is scrolling choppy in compressed mode and is all the text still legible?  For example, Armageddon Empires plays great in compressed mode, but Advanced Tactics is choppy as hell and internet explorer is really annoying to read in compressed mode.

(in reply to SpaceBum)
Post #: 33
RE: No widescreen resolution support? - 3/9/2009 5:08:43 PM   
SpaceBum

Canuck35:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this Eee PC video issue...  Anyway, I noticed no issues with map scrolling or mouse lag on my Eee PC in compressed video mode.  Then again, I have the model with the Celeron 900MHz processor and the memory is max'ed out at 2GB.  With some applications the Celeron is reportedly more efficient than the faster Atom processor.  This could be one of those cases.  I'm actually surprised at how well CoG:EE runs on such a low end system.

(in reply to Canuck_jp)
Post #: 34
RE: No widescreen resolution support? - 3/9/2009 6:24:09 PM   
henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: SpaceBum

Canuck35:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this Eee PC video issue...  Anyway, I noticed no issues with map scrolling or mouse lag on my Eee PC in compressed video mode.  Then again, I have the model with the Celeron 900MHz processor and the memory is max'ed out at 2GB.  With some applications the Celeron is reportedly more efficient than the faster Atom processor.  This could be one of those cases.  I'm actually surprised at how well CoG:EE runs on such a low end system.

900 MHz!??? You gotta be kidding!...

Henri

(in reply to SpaceBum)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> RE: No widescreen resolution support? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI