Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with Vista 64?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problems with Vista 64? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with Vista 64? - 3/5/2009 12:22:09 PM   
Nemo121

Hi I received my new computer yesterday ( spec below ) but unfortunately while I can play movies etc etc I cannot get either of the two games I have tried to install to work. These games are Mass Effect and Fallout 3. I have checked and they defiitel are supposed to work with Vista.

In the short term I can load Windows XP onto this new computer but obviously in the longer term I'd like to figure this problem out.

My spec:
Intel Q9550, GTX 285 w 1 Gb memory, 6 Gb Ram (1066 - It should have been 8 Gb but one of the sticks was malfunctioning so I'm waitingon a replacement), Gigabyte Ds3P motherboard, SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme soudcard, 1 Tb HDD.

The only thing I can think of is that either the problem lies in the file Gsvr.exe ( as it was mentioned in an error message once... but search hasn't found that file on the HDD ) or that this may arise due to me trying to play the game on an LCD TV whih has a maximum widthwise resolution of 1080 ( i have set the reolution to 1024 x 768 to allow for this so I mention it only in case there is something I am completely unaware of that comes from not using a screen intened as a monitor.)

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with Vista 64? - 3/5/2009 5:09:28 PM   
Nemo121

Strangely enough my older games ( Combat Mission, Il-2 etc ) all seem to play fine. Left 4 Dead also plays very well indeed. Hmm, so what's weird about Mass Effect and Fallout 3?

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with Vista 64? - 3/5/2009 5:52:48 PM   
Mr. Skullduggery

Here is a solution.
http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/173979-gsvr-exe-advice-needed.html

Looks like it is an issue with something gigabyte installs.

I never trust a fighting man who doesnt smoke or drink.
- Admiral William Halsey

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Problems with Vista 64? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI