Problems with Vista 64? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

Nemo121 -> Problems with Vista 64? (3/5/2009 12:22:09 PM)

Hi I received my new computer yesterday ( spec below ) but unfortunately while I can play movies etc etc I cannot get either of the two games I have tried to install to work. These games are Mass Effect and Fallout 3. I have checked and they defiitel are supposed to work with Vista.

In the short term I can load Windows XP onto this new computer but obviously in the longer term I'd like to figure this problem out.

My spec:
Intel Q9550, GTX 285 w 1 Gb memory, 6 Gb Ram (1066 - It should have been 8 Gb but one of the sticks was malfunctioning so I'm waitingon a replacement), Gigabyte Ds3P motherboard, SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme soudcard, 1 Tb HDD.

The only thing I can think of is that either the problem lies in the file Gsvr.exe ( as it was mentioned in an error message once... but search hasn't found that file on the HDD ) or that this may arise due to me trying to play the game on an LCD TV whih has a maximum widthwise resolution of 1080 ( i have set the reolution to 1024 x 768 to allow for this so I mention it only in case there is something I am completely unaware of that comes from not using a screen intened as a monitor.)

Any ideas?

Nemo121 -> RE: Problems with Vista 64? (3/5/2009 5:09:28 PM)

Strangely enough my older games ( Combat Mission, Il-2 etc ) all seem to play fine. Left 4 Dead also plays very well indeed. Hmm, so what's weird about Mass Effect and Fallout 3?

Mr. Skullduggery -> RE: Problems with Vista 64? (3/5/2009 5:52:48 PM)

Here is a solution.
http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/173979-gsvr-exe-advice-needed.html

Looks like it is an issue with something gigabyte installs.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI