Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 5:14:57 AM   
rhondabrwn

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

An update for this thread I think...

There is a great little utility out which completely changes (for me) the way FSX plays. It adds what FSX should've had in the first place. A career mode. Dan (the dev) created it for FS 2004 and there was a demand for an FSX version. I've been following it closely and he's finally released it. It is another £33 - but it means I haven't wasted the £60 I already spent on the sim because it's now become playable, with goals and a career.

Well worth the money if you ask me...especially if (also like me) you think FSX is soulless.

Might as well put a link in Flightsim Passengers

That is really cool. I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing this as I hadn't heard about it.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 31
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 7:46:11 AM   
JudgeDredd

Yeah it is a great little program.

I bought it immediately I found out it was released simply because I had £60 worth of software that felt empty...nice looking (and does run fairly well after the patch)...but empty none-the-less

not anymore

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 32
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 11:33:57 AM   
Hertston

Grrr... I wish you hadn't posted that, I've already spent my gaming money this month. I'm very impressed with the demo, particularly the way in which it integrates pretty seamlessly with FSX (contrast with Cargo Pilot, for example) - much more professional. Odds on I'll be reaching for the credit card within a few days.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 33
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 1:27:46 PM   
JudgeDredd

I have now actually spent my birthday money well and truly...I got CoGEE, FSX Passengers and today I'll pick up Total War

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 34
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 7:48:11 PM   
madgamer2

I was wondering if there are REAL pilots combat or commercial or just week end flier type folks who actually fly/have flown real honest to God planes that find this sim interesting.
My second point is how can you call it a "game"? To me the word game implies doing something other than just flying an airplane around...but maybe that is just me.

Madgamer

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 35
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 7:50:14 PM   
wdboyd

A "simulation" game.

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 36
RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? - 3/8/2009 7:59:51 PM   
madgamer2

OK point taken....I am always amazed at what "simulation game" they really like. We have the ability to "Simulate" anything these days on a computer. I guess I have a different view of what a simulation game is/should be. Yes you can "simulate" flying a fixed wing single engine plane from point A to B and it would be a "simulation" but just because it is on the computer does not IMO make it a GAME......but then to each of us we spend our "simulating" time on what ever we like and if flying fromPoint A to Point B is what you want thats cool, but not for me. :-)
Madgamer

(in reply to wdboyd)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: So, farewell MSFS.. ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI