Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM - 3/20/2009 6:09:12 PM   
Franck

I don't have IW's email... So I'll post this here. If someone can transfert it to him...

So far I had 3 or 4 positive feedback on this house rule... Anyone as problems with it?

Hi everyone I know it's pretty late to ask about this... But if you have
> been reading the thread in the forum you probably know that WCS will change
> the game so that you can't conquer provinces from a protectorate UNLESS you
> control the capital. (currently, if you succesfully siege a protectorate
> province you get control of the province). This is espescially interesting
> for France at this moment... But it can be interesting for many of us (ie:
> Danemark, Naples, Portugal etc...). The way I see it the problem can be
> solved pretty easily... Once the war is won or lost all protectorate that
> were conquered without following the rule could just be cede back to the
> original owner who would have the obligation to turn it back into a
> protectorate.
>
>
> The way the new rule will work will also make it so that if you conquered 2
> province from a protectorate and then take control of the capital you also
> gain control of the 2 province you are occupiyng. The change in the rule is
> made to represent the fact that protectorate can make a separate peace. But
> they'll only do it if you have control of there capital.
>
>
> Any one would be against it? (ie: It's no problem if your against it... It's
> just that the new way it will work seems like it will be alot less easy to
> exploit the current system. Even tough one of the major problem will persist
> (ie you'll take control of the province immediately and can use it to supply
> your armies...)
>
> Thanks
> Franck

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 211
RE: PBEM - 3/20/2009 8:25:43 PM   
IronWarrior

Sorry guys my email is screamingpalm at live dot com.

Matto, was wondering what did you do to get the files to combine? I noticed you had a problem with the first turn, and we're trying to start up a new one with similiar problems. Any help appreciated... thanks in advance.

Franck, if I understand are you saying we should take control of the capital first? Sounds OK to me.

< Message edited by IronWarrior -- 3/20/2009 8:26:31 PM >

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 212
RE: PBEM - 3/20/2009 8:33:23 PM   
Matto

You must have all needed files from human players except last one (your, if you are last man). Then press combine PBEM files and open file dialog should appear. Here select all files and press OK. Game will combine it and open game for last player ... etc. Check manual.
I had problems, that after pressing "Combine ..." button, my game crashed. It happened to some people, but not to all. Problem is somewhere in system. If you played COG:EE before you pressed this button, game crash. Than you must restart (!) your computer ... than it will work. Nobody knows, why ...

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to IronWarrior)
Post #: 213
RE: PBEM - 3/20/2009 8:44:50 PM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

You must have all needed files from human players except last one (your, if you are last man). Then press combine PBEM files and open file dialog should appear. Here select all files and press OK. Game will combine it and open game for last player ... etc. Check manual.
I had problems, that after pressing "Combine ..." button, my game crashed. It happened to some people, but not to all. Problem is somewhere in system. If you played COG:EE before you pressed this button, game crash. Than you must restart (!) your computer ... than it will work. Nobody knows, why ...

Hehe, don't you just love microsoft!

Glad you got it sorted out Matto and our new turn is in. Looks like everyone is being a bit cagey at the moment.

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 214
RE: PBEM - 3/21/2009 12:20:17 AM   
IronWarrior

Thanks Matto

Yeah it's taken me a couple turns to get a feel for things (didn't help that I found my diplomats sitting in France when i took over ) but I think things will start to pick up in the next turn or two. Napoleon will certainly not forget the snub from the King of Sweden.

My turn 5 is ready, but since we have all weekend I might sit on it and mull things over a little more.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 215
RE: PBEM - 3/21/2009 7:50:20 AM   
lenin

Kudos for taking over France IronWarrior. I only had a brief look at it, and it looked very intimidating - lots of provinces, lots of potential enemies ranged against you, complicated economy to come to grips with (I'm only now beginning to do this). I'm sure that when your armies start moving forward you'll reverse your most recent small misfortunes. I'd suggest moving the Grande Armee from Paris

What was the cause of the small naval battles between us this turn? Did you move your privateers / merchant fleets?

Nice of the Americans to declare war on me and give me some free Glory / Experience points.

The situation is very fluid and will take some thought. As the Swedish player is unavailable till Sunday / Monday, I'm going to have a good think about it too...

How on earth does Austria get so much Glory from just sitting there?

Really glad I bought this game.

< Message edited by lenin -- 3/21/2009 7:53:55 AM >

Post #: 216
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 6:52:50 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Russias T6 orders sent in.

PS, I'm not getting any 'Replay' like in FoF PBEM, should we, or am I doing something wrong?

Frank, yer I'm fine with the House rule re province capture

Pete, How on earth does Austria get so much Glory from just sitting there? Pretty uniforms, better than wot you got! :-)

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 217
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 9:03:20 PM   
Mus

Austria controls a bunch of independent nations and gets a lot of free glory for that.  I suspect the developers expect Austria to get carved up quite a bit so if you manage to hold on to a bunch of it you get rewarded.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 218
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 11:15:11 PM   
barbarossa2

Hey Mus, Kingmaker, Lenin, Iron Warrior, Matto, Franck.  As promised, the turn went out within 2 hours of my return :)

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 219
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 11:21:16 PM   
IronWarrior

Excellent! France Turn 5 has been sent... looking forward to starting this up again!

lenin, re: naval engagements... looks like a couple of those were privateer battles, the others I'm not as sure about (wish there was more detail- unless I'm missing something) but I didn't move any fleets. Can only assume it was from port attacks?

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 220
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 11:53:09 PM   
Franck

I'm also not seeing any replay... I guess as long as you don't have naval battle or land battle it's fine... But I'd like to have them once the battles come!

Still we generate a .REP file... Never seem to use that... maybe it's the REPlay?

About Austria getting so much glory: I think that I just have alot of glory points from province control. Wich is a good and bad thing. I guess those are also worth -1 Glory if they gets stolen :)

IW: I don't think your in such a bad position if you move quickly with your armies (just my 2 cents) you got to hurry up in  making one of us surrender. Once you managed to make on of us surrender it's gona be way easier for you (ie: With your surrender points force us to accept to delacre alliance with you or force us to have a defence pact with you...) You want to keep hitting on us in turn... So by forcing enforcing peaces on us your gona do fine.

I believe the Russian army can give you pause tough... So be sure too strike where it's not. On top of that we are human players... We are extremely likely to surrender once you beated our army once... UNLESS our allies are really clause by.

(this beieng said: we are not like the AI and beating our army repeadedly is also a good way to make us surrender... I'd rather keep my army to fight another day!)

Post #: 221
RE: PBEM - 3/22/2009 11:56:27 PM   
Franck

For the House Rule:
You don't have to conquer the capital first... It's just that if you don't conquer the capital all territory you take this way should be given back after the war (ie: let's say I conquer any other provinces but Modena from Italia minor. Then the next turn I conquer modena. I get to keep those provinces once the war is over.)  Exemple 2: Let's say I conquer any other province but MOdena (capital) of Italia minor. And I fail to conquer Modena until the end of the war. I give back that province after the war.

Is the rule clear?

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 222
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 12:12:25 AM   
IronWarrior

Hey Franck,

Yeah believe me I would have liked to have moved more quickly, but my first couple turns had to be spent organizing and sending diplomats out to give me an idea of what's going on.

The house rule sounds ok I guess, I suppose I still don't understand the purpose of it. Not that I don't agree with it, just that I'm new and not sure I understand the effects of it.

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 223
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 1:21:30 AM   
Mus

I think the rep file is the reports from the previous turn.  I might be wrong.

My turn is also in.

Post #: 224
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 1:37:31 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

In Forge of Freedom, you get x2 files returned .sve & .rep, save both to your PBEM folder and then open from within the game.  If it doesn't automatically show you a replay then by clicking on the returned turns .rep file you get to see the replay, but on opening the CoG folder all I'm seeing is the merges file for the turn, maybe we just cant see the replay in Multi-player mode.

All the Best
Peter 

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 225
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 1:44:12 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Just posted a querie on 'Tech support' re replays, see what turns up.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 226
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 9:34:28 AM   
Matto

Waiting for Prussia and Austria ...
In CoG is not any replay like in FoF ... but sure, add it to list of wanted features

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 227
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 3:11:37 PM   
Matto

Still waiting for Austria ...

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 228
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 7:10:26 PM   
lenin

Didn't attack any of your ports IW - can't attack your fleet in Spanish territory as I'm not at war with them. Must have just been merchant / privateer encounters. The American fleet seems to have decided discretion is the better part of vlour though, after it was badly treated by one of my main battle fleets in the Atlantic.

Looking forward to the next turn.

Post #: 229
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 9:19:08 PM   
Matto

Will wait until tomorrow midday GMT+1, than I will reset Austrian password and play ...

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 230
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 9:41:06 PM   
lenin

Has anyone emailed Franck?

Noticed he hasn't logged on the forums since yesterday?

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 231
RE: PBEM - 3/23/2009 11:56:05 PM   
Mus

Somebody email/PM him.  Hes been around, dont know why he hasnt put in his turn.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 232
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 12:00:53 AM   
Mus

Does the American fleet have SOLs or just a bunch of Frigates?  I dont believe we had SOLs during the war of 1812.

Do our 44 gun Frigates count as "super frigates" in the game?

< Message edited by Mus -- 3/24/2009 12:04:29 AM >

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 233
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 8:31:04 AM   
barbarossa2

I hate to say this, but it almost seems like we need to charge an "admission fee" for a PBEM club so that players take it more seriously if they have joined. And then at the end, the pot would be divided based on how well you have done (with everyone getting something, but the top player getting the most and then gradually less and less for each position).

Part of me has always wondered about this from a game theory point of view, as it seems to be the only real way to get game behavior to more closely approximate real types of behavior. However, I don't even know for sure if that is legal! :) And as such, this is certainly not a real or serious suggestion at the moment.

If not legal, it should be. I don't see how to promote real life behavior any other way, other than handing out babes in bikinis to winners.

< Message edited by barbarossa2 -- 3/24/2009 1:43:04 PM >

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 234
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 9:13:26 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Personally I just hope Francks OK, as he set the game up, and prompted us all about the House rule I think his interest in the game was there, it may be that a Real life situation has put him out of action, ditto lenins question "has anyone emailed him?" if so please let us know.

Should Franck not be able/wish to continue then we at least have a replacement in the wings 'Anthropoid' has indicated elsewhere he's up for taking over in PBEM Multi games.

All the Best
Peter

< Message edited by Kingmaker -- 3/24/2009 9:18:04 AM >

Post #: 235
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 9:28:54 AM   
Matto

Just emailed to him ... hope he will answer

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 236
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 1:56:25 PM   
montesaurus

Hi Guys,

I've been following this forum with interest and would like to participate if another player is needed. I was disappointed with the recent EiA computer game and have been following CoG:EE with much interest. I have been practicing CoG:EE for several days with a friend recently and would be willing to take over any abandoned roles.

I have been playing PBEM War in the Pacific for several years and am not one to abandon losing positions readily.

The Napoleonic period is my favorite period in history and I would look forward to participating.

-Montesaurus

montesaurus
French Player in Going Again II 1792

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 237
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 1:58:02 PM   
barbarossa2

I have played with Montesaurus before and I am impressed with his dependability and his committment to long term PBEM games.

(in reply to montesaurus)
Post #: 238
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 2:25:13 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Montesaurus, hows about sticking your name on the 'Reserve list for Multi-player PBEM' thread, the more folk put their names forward the more it will encourage others to do so as well.

Put a note on the thread and I'll edit the orriginal so you go in 2nd place (slightly smaller role of Drums etc )

All the Best
Peter

Post #: 239
RE: PBEM - 3/24/2009 3:50:09 PM   
Matto

Franck will send his turn today ... so please wait, I will play it during evening

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI