Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Historical Values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Historical Values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Historical Values - 3/28/2009 5:59:55 PM   
Alex Gilbert

I was wondering today if the developers (or anyone else with some data) could comment on what are the most historically accurate settings. I was thinking specifically in terms of the level of march attrition that was historical, but also with regards to the 1805 scenario-- there is the standard scenario, a generous economy variant, and I believe a tight economy variant. I have assumed that the standard scenario is historic, but perhaps the lean economy is more realistic?

Anyhow, just curious as I would like to try myself at the historic level (though perhaps not yet the "path of Napoleon" just yet)
Post #: 1
RE: Historical Values - 3/30/2009 4:56:04 PM   
ericbabe

I'm not sure that even at the hardest level that march attrition is as severe as it was historically.  Even just sitting in camp, units lost large numbers of men each month.  So I'd say that "Bonaparte" level is closest to historical as far as march attrition is concerned.

For the economy, "economic challenge" is probably closest to historical conditions.  Both France and England were strapped for resources in 1805, and Austria was just starting to experience problems with high inflation.  I know that some of our testers think that "economic challenge" is still too generous, and we are considering tightening it up a bit for a future patch.

(in reply to Alex Gilbert)
Post #: 2
RE: Historical Values - 3/30/2009 6:13:44 PM   
barbarossa2

So, Eric, it could be then that if players always played with Bonaparte level attrition, they would almost never hit the mobilization limits?  This could be the missing piece to the problem which I have brought up about hard caps on mobilization limits.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Historical Values - 3/30/2009 7:59:48 PM   
Anthropoid

I played a few on normal, and now one on "Difficult" and the game does seem somewhat easy. But I think I need to play through one whole game and WIN! before I reach a final conclusion on that!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Historical Values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI