Historical Values (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Alex Gilbert -> Historical Values (3/28/2009 5:59:55 PM)

I was wondering today if the developers (or anyone else with some data) could comment on what are the most historically accurate settings. I was thinking specifically in terms of the level of march attrition that was historical, but also with regards to the 1805 scenario-- there is the standard scenario, a generous economy variant, and I believe a tight economy variant. I have assumed that the standard scenario is historic, but perhaps the lean economy is more realistic?

Anyhow, just curious as I would like to try myself at the historic level (though perhaps not yet the "path of Napoleon" just yet)

ericbabe -> RE: Historical Values (3/30/2009 4:56:04 PM)

I'm not sure that even at the hardest level that march attrition is as severe as it was historically.  Even just sitting in camp, units lost large numbers of men each month.  So I'd say that "Bonaparte" level is closest to historical as far as march attrition is concerned.

For the economy, "economic challenge" is probably closest to historical conditions.  Both France and England were strapped for resources in 1805, and Austria was just starting to experience problems with high inflation.  I know that some of our testers think that "economic challenge" is still too generous, and we are considering tightening it up a bit for a future patch.

barbarossa2 -> RE: Historical Values (3/30/2009 6:13:44 PM)

So, Eric, it could be then that if players always played with Bonaparte level attrition, they would almost never hit the mobilization limits?  This could be the missing piece to the problem which I have brought up about hard caps on mobilization limits.

Anthropoid -> RE: Historical Values (3/30/2009 7:59:48 PM)

I played a few on normal, and now one on "Difficult" and the game does seem somewhat easy. But I think I need to play through one whole game and WIN! before I reach a final conclusion on that! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI