Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem printing manual

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Problem printing manual Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem printing manual - 5/17/2002 12:12:48 AM   
Hartmann

This will sound lame, but I have a problem printing the manual. My printer at home is broken, so I wanted to print out the manual at my office. Turned out that the manual is much too big for a disk, and zipping (at home) gave no satisfying result. I also tried to send the file via email from home to myself, so I can simply download it at my office, but it exceeded the sizelimit I have for attachments.
So I took the CD to work. Thing is, I got a MAC there, and I just noticed, the pdf manual is not accessible from the CD-Rom without installing the game (which is not possible on the mac).

I would like to print out the manual *today*, at my office where I am now. So could maybe someone of Matrix send it to me via email? If this will be confirmed, I would provide my ("real") email address via private messaging.

Thanks in advance,

Hartmann
Post #: 1
Re: Problem printing manual - 5/17/2002 12:43:01 AM   
Henri

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hartmann
[B]
So I took the CD to work. Thing is, I got a MAC there, and I just noticed, the pdf manual is not accessible from the CD-Rom without installing the game (which is not possible on the mac).
[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, welcome to the club...

Henri

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 2
- 5/17/2002 2:31:11 AM   
Hartmann

My hopes in getting the manual printed today are slowly waning ... :( My o my, if the pdf were accessible directly from the CD everything would be just fine!

Hartmann

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 3
- 5/17/2002 3:34:07 AM   
Mojo

:( Can't help you man. My copy has been "Out For Delivery" since 4:37 am. Still haven't spotted that big brown truck.

If something's not working you might want to tunk it a dite.
Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 4
- 5/17/2002 3:41:02 AM   
Hartmann

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mojo
[B]:( Can't help you man. My copy has been "Out For Delivery" since 4:37 am. Still haven't spotted that big brown truck. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yesterday, my copy was "out for delivery" since 7:50am. It arrived on 5:15pm. It all depends on which route they take, I guess.
Anyway, you'll be in for a great evening. :)

Hartmann

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 5
- 5/17/2002 3:55:24 AM   
Mojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hartmann
[B]

Yesterday, my copy was "out for delivery" since 7:50am. It arrived on 5:15pm. It all depends on which route they take, I guess.
Anyway, you'll be in for a great evening. :)

Hartmann [/B][/QUOTE]

I should have had them hold it at will call for me. UPS is 10 minutes from my office. Oh my. I feel a little dizzy and feverish............. I think I might have to call in sick tomorrow.

The harrah!

Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 6
- 5/17/2002 4:56:16 AM   
Hartmann

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mojo
[B]

I should have had them hold it at will call for me. UPS is 10 minutes from my office. Oh my. I feel a little dizzy and feverish............. I think I might have to call in sick tomorrow.

The harrah! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yesterday, at the office, I got nothing at all done because my mind was firmly set on the arrival of UV. Then, at home, I played until 2am with the effect that today I'm totally useless at work, too.

Hope this vicious cycle doesn't last too long, for else I can trash my career for good. :)

Hartmann

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 7
- 5/17/2002 6:26:30 AM   
David Heath

For future games we will do both, put it in the install but also make it on the CD proper this way everyone will be able to access the manual. Damm Mac.... there still causing me problems.

David

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 8
To paraphrase Homer Simpson - 5/17/2002 7:03:14 AM   
Mojo

Can't talk. Playing
:D :D :D :D :D

Mojo's Mom

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 9
- 5/17/2002 7:42:18 AM   
Caltone

So I can't take the CD into work for some laser printing goodness? Ack, How large is the manual? (file size)

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 10
**** macs - 5/17/2002 11:19:13 AM   
malvoisin

verily, but they're such lovely machines what with the new os and all. i'm actually kind of hacked off that i might have to rehabilitate my pc for this game (that, or get an emulator if i really can't put up with it.)

as for the other guys, i take it that zipdiscs and cd-r's aren't an option? if your office isn't -that- picky you might be able to email the manual to work, as i've found that the usual mailserver limit is around 5 mb. ymmv.
if you happen to have newer equipment and an external firewire drive you might be able to get some love that way, too.

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Problem printing manual Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI