Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible Protectorate bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Possible Protectorate bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible Protectorate bugs - 3/30/2009 6:48:42 PM   
ShaiHulud

1- After taking Baden, a protectorate of Prussia, I created it as a French protectorate. While it has the dotted lines of a protectorate, it still allows me to decide its development.

2- I've captured East Egypt which appears to be a protectorate. Is there some reason it doesn't become a part of a conquering nation, as other protectorate provinces do? Also, even though it's held by France it is putting feudal levies into production.

3- 'Lent' provinces are counted as conquered provinces in calculating Empire points. Not a real problem except that it gives a nation a shortcut which may not have been intended.
Post #: 1
RE: Possible Protectorate bugs - 4/3/2009 7:32:29 PM   
gdpsnake1979

I think what you've encountered is what I've seen too. I later realized you'll get this to happen because some provinces are 'parts' of a minor country nation. You have to get the capitol of the nation and then create the protectorates out of the whole nation. In some cases, like Prussia controling the capitol province of a minor nation as a protectorate, you can get a member province but it reacts like a conquered province until you also get the capitol province.
I had one case of a Russian protectorate province I conquered that kept producing Russian units though I had conquered it. It had a Russian dotted green line outside my French blue line. I could do nothing until Russia surrendered and I demanded they liberate that province. Next turn it was neutral and I could decalre war on it.
Beware of conquered home provinces and protectorates of countries you are at war with because the bastards will produce a unit and if you leave, it appears and reclaims the province!
Nothing wipes out your economy faster than accepting protectorates so my motto is "kill them all!"

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible Protectorate bugs - 4/4/2009 6:40:58 PM   
ShaiHulud

gd- I follow your logic. That's the theory I'll go with, til someone shows me a better one.

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Possible Protectorate bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI