Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Animation Settings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Animation Settings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Animation Settings - 4/4/2009 3:13:39 AM   
SierraJuliet

Hi all

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere already but for us new players could I have some input on this.

In the PBEM game I have just started with Ambassador I am playing Japan and in the settings at the commencement of the game I set animations to OFF. After a couple of turns I have tried to change the animation so that it is now ON. It didn't seem to work so discounting that I mucked up my attempt to change the setting I am assuming that the setting is hard-wired from the start up command.

So am I correct in my thinking that if I set animations to either ON or OFF that is the way if will stay for the rest of the game? Any assistance gratefully accepted as we are seriously considering a restart if the animations are stuck in the OFF positions.

Post #: 1
RE: Animation Settings - 4/4/2009 3:24:47 AM   
n01487477

Not so ... you can re-turn it back on...

Of course you will have to wait a turn until it comes back from Ambassador for it to start working ... or he can do this before he send the file back to you ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 2
RE: Animation Settings - 4/4/2009 3:33:22 PM   
SierraJuliet

Thanks Damian.   

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Animation Settings - 4/4/2009 4:23:05 PM   
pompack

In addition, there is a minor bug that seems to sometimes affect animations on the first few turns of the game: the Japanese player turns the animations ON, but the Allied player sees them as OFF and they do not occur during combat. IF this is occurring, the Japanese player should insure that the animations are ON immediately before ending each turn and in two or three turns the animations start and operate with no problem thereafter.

This has happened to me twice in the last five game starts but in both cases it cleared up by turn five or so.

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 4
RE: Animation Settings - 4/5/2009 12:57:58 AM   
SierraJuliet

Thanks pompack.... great suggestion, I'll endeavour to add that my routine.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Animation Settings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI