Animation Settings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

SierraJuliet -> Animation Settings (4/4/2009 3:13:39 AM)

Hi all

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere already but for us new players could I have some input on this.

In the PBEM game I have just started with Ambassador I am playing Japan and in the settings at the commencement of the game I set animations to OFF. After a couple of turns I have tried to change the animation so that it is now ON. It didn't seem to work so discounting that I mucked up my attempt to change the setting I am assuming that the setting is hard-wired from the start up command.

So am I correct in my thinking that if I set animations to either ON or OFF that is the way if will stay for the rest of the game? Any assistance gratefully accepted as we are seriously considering a restart if the animations are stuck in the OFF positions.

n01487477 -> RE: Animation Settings (4/4/2009 3:24:47 AM)

Not so ... you can re-turn it back on...

Of course you will have to wait a turn until it comes back from Ambassador for it to start working ... or he can do this before he send the file back to you ...

[image]local://upfiles/19798/9DF5CA472D6F49859FA1E3E99341A7F1.jpg[/image]

SierraJuliet -> RE: Animation Settings (4/4/2009 3:33:22 PM)

Thanks Damian.   [:D]

pompack -> RE: Animation Settings (4/4/2009 4:23:05 PM)

In addition, there is a minor bug that seems to sometimes affect animations on the first few turns of the game: the Japanese player turns the animations ON, but the Allied player sees them as OFF and they do not occur during combat. IF this is occurring, the Japanese player should insure that the animations are ON immediately before ending each turn and in two or three turns the animations start and operate with no problem thereafter.

This has happened to me twice in the last five game starts but in both cases it cleared up by turn five or so.

SierraJuliet -> RE: Animation Settings (4/5/2009 12:57:58 AM)

Thanks pompack.... great suggestion, I'll endeavour to add that my routine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI