Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

map distorts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> map distorts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
map distorts - 4/3/2009 4:15:37 AM   
demonterico

I just reloaded EinA after being away from it for a while and everything seemed to go fine with loading the game and the patches, however when I go into play the game the map isn't working right. When I try to move around it with the curser it breaks apart, and doesn't allow me to view the southern half of Europe. I deleted everything and tried reloading but that didn't fix it.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan
Post #: 1
RE: map distorts - 4/3/2009 9:04:57 AM   
DCWhitworth

I don't know specifically what might be your problem, however the best thing to do if you are getting display problems is to check your graphics drivers are up to date and working properly.

Regards
David

(in reply to demonterico)
Post #: 2
RE: map distorts - 4/5/2009 3:20:47 PM   
no_dice

If you have a photo or other large sized image as your windows wallpaper try changing it to nothing and try again. I've had this happen before.

No Dice

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 3
RE: map distorts - 4/5/2009 7:02:39 PM   
demonterico

I haven't tried it yet but I believe getting the latest drivers for my hardwear is the answer. I recently reistalled windows to get rid of a virus, and didn't think about getting all my drivers updated. I have a feeling that will solve my problem. Thanks everyone for your help. You'll hear back from me when I've tried whether it works or not.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to no_dice)
Post #: 4
RE: map distorts - 4/10/2009 3:02:41 PM   
demonterico

Thanks DC the driver fixed it. Dave

Post #: 5
RE: map distorts - 4/10/2009 4:16:17 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Thanks for all the help guys!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 6
RE: map distorts - 4/13/2009 7:40:12 PM   
Jimmer

As an addendum to this, players should note that "side issues" could also be driver issues. For example, someone mentioned that if you had a picture as your wallpaper, you may see similar problems. This is correct, but only because the video driver is not doing things correctly.

Under ideal conditions, the driver (or, DirectX, if that's in place) should "take over" from the background wallpaper. One can think of this as a sort of "layering" effect. The game map "sits on top of" the wallpaper, which is a JPG at a different resolution. In theory, it just just do a background resize of the wallpaper, fitting it to the screen. But, if the line-draw or some other video function isn't working perfectly, "strange" things can happen inside programs which are also using the same video functions (like, scrambling bits, pixellation, etc.)

So, the moral of the story is: If in doubt, check for new video drivers.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> map distorts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI