Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM 1A

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 1A Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/20/2009 10:59:31 AM   
Matto

Lenin: Yes, I had your turn ... problem was with Ottomans turn

So Turn 14 is in your mailboxes ... and Sweden will be not happy I think

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 391
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/20/2009 1:26:07 PM   
barbarossa2

There's only one way I wouldn't be happy. And that is if they'd taken my porcelain factory from me!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 392
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/20/2009 4:18:18 PM   
barbarossa2

Finally something interesting happens.

Sweden finds it sad that due to a treaty, Britain and Russia have started an illegal war, without Casus Belli to go to war with Prussia's enemies. Only Sweden and Prussia understand the nature of our relationship. Indeed, peace negotiations have started to end the war which neither of us thought would break out between us. And the war would end on favorable terms for Prussia. With these actions, Britain and Russia have actually only made the situation less advantageous for Prussia. Indeed, Sweden will not level a musket at our good Prussian neighbors. No one will be able to prod us to do this.

Sweden acquires land through negotitaion and rights purchase only.

No Swedish soldiers or sailors have been injured to this point, and as such, we are happy to revert to a state of peace this turn. We do not understand why Britain and Russia seem intent on moving us towards making alliance decisions to the detriment of central Europe.

Gustav IV Adolf
King of Sweden

< Message edited by barbarossa2 -- 4/20/2009 6:20:16 PM >

(in reply to barbarossa2)
Post #: 393
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/20/2009 5:43:44 PM   
Franck

Arg! The Corsican Ogre keeps driving me nuts!!!!! That damn idiots managed to move 3 provinces along 3 red arrows to catch my army on the other side of the alps!re

Post #: 394
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 1:28:33 PM   
barbarossa2

Hey guys.  Just a warning that I will be out of town and not around my computer from Friday of this week to Sunday evening.

If I get a turn on Thursay (that is, if everyone gets their turn in by Wednesday as planned), I can send my turn which would be due on the weekend out on Thursday evening before I go.

-B2

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 395
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 1:38:55 PM   
Matto

OK, I will try keep it on my mind ...but sure, it depends how will play all others ... Thursday evening which GMT ?

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Post #: 396
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 2:53:51 PM   
barbarossa2

Matto, since you live in the Czech republic, if you get me my turn by 8pm your time on Thursday, I should be fine.

So I am guessing that means you need to collect ALL of the current turns which are out by Wednesday evening (as planned) and then enter your turn and have the new turns in the mail by 20:00 Czech time on Thursday evening.

This game is just a practice game for fun for me (and it is that-- fun :D), so I don't care if I only have 60 minutes to review my turn and send everything out.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 397
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 9:32:23 PM   
Franck

Pratice game for me too and I'm learning alot (usually always play with hex battles...) I never lost a battle in single player :)

So it's getting frustrating losing all my battles :D

Post #: 398
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 9:55:13 PM   
barbarossa2

My heart's with you Franck.  The game just kind of puts you next to the incredibly powerful France, but the 1000 Glory game we are playing probably won't give you time to get revenge with your increasing tactical abilities.

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 399
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/21/2009 11:06:46 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Russias T14 orders sent in.

All the Best
Peter

Post #: 400
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 8:14:08 AM   
Mus

Sorry about the delays.  I occasionally find myself putting in the wrong rep file because of the way the files are sorted.  I was around only late evenings Friday to Sunday, so it was some time before when I sent the file and when I saw I had the email saying I sent the wrong rep file.  Im back now.

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 401
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 8:26:16 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Yer done the same myself Mus, especialy in FoF where Rebs have 4 files to return.

One way I found seems to work is to check your clock time then hover the curser over the individual files and check the time the file was generated against the clock time it's gonna be close if it's the correct file.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 402
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 12:15:13 PM   
barbarossa2

Good idea kingmaker.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 403
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 1:27:21 PM   
Matto

So now we are waiting just for Sweden and Austria ... so Barbarossa, if you want have a new turn tomorrow, you must send me actual turn 

Post #: 404
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 1:51:06 PM   
barbarossa2

Oh!  I just saw you wanted it by 12 pm today!  I was so used to the 22:oo deadline, I didn't even notice it!

Sweden turn in.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 405
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 1:53:52 PM   
Matto

Check your files ... sve is wrong 

Post #: 406
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 2:12:19 PM   
barbarossa2

I was just seeing if you were awake Matto. :)

(LOL... correct files sent :D-- I hope!)

P.S. I did something this turn I wouldn't do in a longer game -- just to see what happens and gain some experience in one or two aspects of the game. I am curious to see what will happen. It's a great game! I am having fun. I really, really wish that up to 16 players could play in a PBEM game, so that countries like Denmark, Portugal, Naples, Bavaria, Poland, Venice, and the Papacy could be represented with organic brains. In that case, in one game a player would play a minor nation, and in another, simultaneous game, a major nation--so things don't ever get too boring for him. Sweden is really so weak, it would have to be considered a minor power (which is why it can be switched for Portugal, Poland, or Bavaria, I am sure). Still, it is fun. And I am about to get my ass handed to me, just to see how that works!

< Message edited by barbarossa2 -- 4/22/2009 2:43:01 PM >

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 407
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 6:44:30 PM   
lenin

Having loads of fun too. Playing a naval power here, and a land power (Prussia) in another game. Hopefully by the end, I'll know what I'm doing!

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

Post #: 408
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 7:00:36 PM   
Matto

Still waiting for Austria

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 409
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 7:34:30 PM   
Franck

Sorry for the delay, I had an exam this morning and I wanted to be sure I was ready so took all that time to study. I will should be avaible alot more for some time now :) I might go camping a bit at some point tough.

About this beieng a pratice game:

I find that one of the most frustrating part of this game is that with a 1000 glory points we only need someone to win 2 war to win the game. This mean that I can't just roll over and collect the free EXP as I would have done against france in a normal game. HE probably could have forced me to liberate one of the Italian minors but I would still have gotten the napolitane fleet + one free italian minor. The 300 EXP for the first war lost is worth ALOT more in my opinion than the couple of provinces you loose in exchange. I believe that against a human player you really have to go with bets for nations (in glory points). Because of what I just said it's almost imporssible that France won't start by winning a couple of wars in the 1805 scenario.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 410
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 7:35:05 PM   
Franck

By the way turn was sent... I'm in Quebec tough so I guess it's too late for Barb to play is next turn :)

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 411
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 7:43:54 PM   
lenin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franck

Sorry for the delay, I had an exam this morning and I wanted to be sure I was ready so took all that time to study. I will should be avaible alot more for some time now :) I might go camping a bit at some point tough.

About this beieng a pratice game:

I find that one of the most frustrating part of this game is that with a 1000 glory points we only need someone to win 2 war to win the game. This mean that I can't just roll over and collect the free EXP as I would have done against france in a normal game. HE probably could have forced me to liberate one of the Italian minors but I would still have gotten the napolitane fleet + one free italian minor. The 300 EXP for the first war lost is worth ALOT more in my opinion than the couple of provinces you loose in exchange. I believe that against a human player you really have to go with bets for nations (in glory points). Because of what I just said it's almost imporssible that France won't start by winning a couple of wars in the 1805 scenario.

I see you right there Franck. I'm comfortably in second place but can't see a way of catching France, unless I sink every other fleet on the board. Still, enjoying it as a "dry-run" for a longer game when we are finished, if anyone else is interested?

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 412
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 8:45:23 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Thought I had suggested this but maybe I just thought it, anyhow, why not just have 2 winners, ie run the game it's full length (12yrs ?), Bill will still get 1st Brownie points, if !??? , he gets to 1000 first but we have a highest placed winner as well at the end.

Bin toying with the idea of maybe putting together a 'Long haul' game ie 1792/23yrs/Highest Glory, got 1 chap already interested.

My thinking is, the smaller nations like Turkey, Spain & Sweden don't really get a chance to develop in the shorter games, and in a long haul game then we could see the rise & fall of nation x/ the rise & fall of nation x/ the rise or fall of nation x sort of thing.

Personal opinion but I feel that PBEM games would be better overall without a Glory points total included, as folk are spending half their time worrying about who's in the lead, better by far I think to run the game to full term and see then who the winner is, but thats probably just a 'Me thing'

Not sure when but there are vague rumours of a Patch on the way to sort some of the teething probs, so maybe if there is any interest in a 'Long Haul' it would be best to wait on the Patch coming, maybe another reason to run this game to full term, after all most of us are still learning the ropes as it where.

Thoughts?

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 413
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 8:55:51 PM   
barbarossa2

I agree with your thoughts almost completely Kingmaker.

However, being the Baltic whipping boy for 23 years doesn't thrill me. :)  It would be great, and something not too bad if there were also a weak Polish player and a weak Danish player, and a weak Naples player. 

However, I may reconsider.  I don't mind filling the role just to help some other people out with a large game of theirs.  It does make a game more interesting I am guessing.

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 414
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 9:03:10 PM   
Franck

Kingmaker:
I definitely agree that glory points in a PBEM are a bit against the feeling of the game.

In a long haul game, my goal will be to have as great a nation as I can. For as long as I can. Not prevent France from getting a quick win :)

I do not agree about continuing this game. As I said, my surrender would have been quick against the French if this as a long haul game :). It will place me in an interesting and weak position tough (not as weak as Sweden).

Anyway I'm definitely in for a long haul game. So count me in. I'd like to use the glory bet system tough. And could we use some march attrition in the PBEM game? I find it fun playing under the Blutcher difficulty in my single player game. It's hard on your armies but definetely fun!

Post #: 415
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 9:36:26 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Franck if we get enough interest for a 'Long haul', nearer the time you will have to run your concept of betting GP passed me again, fraid I failed dismally to understand it 1st time round

Re this game, as I remember it it's not a long haul game ie only 12 yrs so if a Patch is to be fairly soon put out carrying on with this one it would tide us over till then.

B2 it would be a fresh start game so you need not play Sweden unless you so wished; played it solo when I thought I was gonna get it in the other game, there is definate potential there but it does need time.

I would be interested in playing Turkey tried it solo and Sheee it has bog awful disadvantages, but over a long haul would certainly be, "Interesting"

This is again my personal opinion and based purely on so far, apart from Russia in this game, only having looked at the smaller nations of Turkey,Spain & Sweden, they all have awkward start ups it seems to me, but there is always potential there waiting to be worked.

Anyhow we can sort 'Stuff' out later if there's enough interest.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 416
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/22/2009 10:46:41 PM   
Matto

Played and send ...

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 417
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/23/2009 12:47:12 AM   
Mus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franck

Anyway I'm definitely in for a long haul game. So count me in. I'd like to use the glory bet system tough. And could we use some march attrition in the PBEM game? I find it fun playing under the Blutcher difficulty in my single player game. It's hard on your armies but definetely fun!

I would like to get in on that.

Would anyone be interested in the 1805 economic challenge with march attrition @ Blucher for the long game scenario?

Would also be interested in bidding for spots. If we get crazy numbers we can rebid.

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 418
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/23/2009 1:23:09 AM   
Franck

Here is the bid idea:

There is a possibility to give each nations in this game a penality or a bonus to glory points. My idea of bidding was that everyone could bid for every nation. (let's say I got with: Austria 100, Prussia 90, Uk 80, Turkey 5, Spain 4, France 3, Russia 2,Sweden 1.) This would mean I'm willing to start at -100 glory to start with Austria. This isn't a sure thing. But the hope here is that France would go for a bit more (depending on scenarios) then other nations.

I haven't tough yet of how it should work. But my idea would be to have secret bids and you look up everyone's highest bid. Let's say there is a conflict for France and Austria (3 players want France and 2 want Austria).  France goes to the highest bidder. Same with Austria. Then you look up the second bid of those who bidded on France and Austria and the first bid of the 3 players who did not bid for France or Austria on the first bid. Then let's say there is a conflict for Russia (2 players). Highest bidder gets Russia. Then compare the bids of the 5 players still trying to get a nation. There is no more conflicts, all players get assigned the nation the bidded for.

I higly simplified the exemple, and my ''idea'' is open to criticism. Another bidding ''system'' could be used. I just think something like that was proposed in ''Diplomacy'' in the time and it makes sense to me.

Anyways, just throwing the idea out there.

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 419
RE: PBEM 1A - 4/23/2009 1:33:05 AM   
Franck

I'd also like to play with next patch for 2 bug that I really hate:

-The one why we created the house rule
-THe one were a depot that was in supply in a conquered province becomes a supply souirce if the supply chain is broken! (this one no house rule can take care of!)

(in reply to Franck)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 1A Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI