Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Awesome Game Thanks!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Awesome Game Thanks! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Awesome Game Thanks! - 5/6/2009 1:03:18 AM   
Tanaka

I have to say that after the latest patch this is the best civil war game out there in my opinion! Kudos and thanks to the FOF team!

If you expanded the map (added more provinces) and added detailed naval combat in my opinion you would have one heck of a sequel to an already killer game!

Post #: 1
RE: Awesome Game Thanks! - 5/6/2009 2:45:54 AM   
Gil R.

Thanks! We're thinking about a sequel, but because of other obligations it wouldn't be something we could get done this year. If we do one, I think we'd seriously consider both of those.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Awesome Game Thanks! - 5/12/2009 9:05:51 AM   
Hidde

I agree wholeheartedly! Ever since the first COG I've been thinking about trying one of WC games. Thanks to the recent sale I finaly made up my mind.
Part of my hesitation came because I suspected it to be very time consuming.
It certainly is but that's not such a bad thing when the game is as good as this.
I have only played a few turns in my first real campaign and I could ask a myriad of questions but I'll settle with this:
It seems to me that the AI never does anything during nighttime in detailed battles.I moved around a bit in one battle and that gave me some advantages. If the AI never reacts to such movements it feels gamey and a bit like cheating and I wont do it.
Oh, one more thing. I play with random, hidden stats (I learned to love it that way when I played Frank Hunters old classic).
quote:

Use generals with historical abilities, but don't tell the player at the start of the game which general is which.

This is an idea from J. Palfrey I think and I belive it's great.
Please consider it as an option in future games. ACW or anything else.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Awesome Game Thanks! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI