Awesome Game Thanks! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Tanaka -> Awesome Game Thanks! (5/6/2009 1:03:18 AM)

I have to say that after the latest patch this is the best civil war game out there in my opinion! Kudos and thanks to the FOF team! [&o]

If you expanded the map (added more provinces) and added detailed naval combat in my opinion you would have one heck of a sequel to an already killer game! [:D]

Gil R. -> RE: Awesome Game Thanks! (5/6/2009 2:45:54 AM)

Thanks! We're thinking about a sequel, but because of other obligations it wouldn't be something we could get done this year. If we do one, I think we'd seriously consider both of those.

Hidde -> RE: Awesome Game Thanks! (5/12/2009 9:05:51 AM)

I agree wholeheartedly! Ever since the first COG I've been thinking about trying one of WC games. Thanks to the recent sale I finaly made up my mind.
Part of my hesitation came because I suspected it to be very time consuming.
It certainly is but that's not such a bad thing when the game is as good as this.
I have only played a few turns in my first real campaign and I could ask a myriad of questions but I'll settle with this:
It seems to me that the AI never does anything during nighttime in detailed battles.I moved around a bit in one battle and that gave me some advantages. If the AI never reacts to such movements it feels gamey and a bit like cheating and I wont do it.
Oh, one more thing. I play with random, hidden stats (I learned to love it that way when I played Frank Hunters old classic).
quote:

Use generals with historical abilities, but don't tell the player at the start of the game which general is which.

This is an idea from J. Palfrey I think and I belive it's great.
Please consider it as an option in future games. ACW or anything else.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI