Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LOS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> LOS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LOS - 5/6/2009 3:40:40 PM   
kallek

Is it just me or has the "Ninja factor" been upped quite a bit. I have no problems understanding that units under fire will be disoriented, and will have a hard time figuring where fire is coming from, but it seems a bit silly as it is now.
The allies seem to have the hardest time figuring out where fire is coming form.

Is it just me, or do others concur that it seems a bit off compared to other CC releases?
Post #: 1
RE: LOS - 5/6/2009 6:23:51 PM   
Senior Drill

Nope. Just you.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to kallek)
Post #: 2
RE: LOS - 5/6/2009 7:18:05 PM   
RD Oddball

Kallek are you saying that the enemy soldiers are not appearing quickly enough for your tastes?  i.e. all you continue to see is muzzle flashes and tracers?  I've notice a similar thing but I think there are many correct explanations. 

One has to do with whether or not you can draw a solid bright green LOS line to the location of enemy fire or if it's a darkgreen LOS line.

Next time you see this please take note of what your LOS was to the spot just behind the muzzle flashes.  Screenshots are always helpful to us.

Also, whether it's night time or day will have an effect.

(in reply to Senior Drill)
Post #: 3
RE: LOS - 5/6/2009 10:39:03 PM   
xe5

Shoot a back azimuth on those incoming tracer lines until you spot the muzzle flashes. Then add another few meters to determine the approx enemy pos.
Keep in mind that units firing while on Defend orders will remain 'invisible' (ie. unspotted on the enemy's mini map) far longer than units firing on Fire orders.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 4
RE: LOS - 5/6/2009 10:43:17 PM   
VicKevlar

I see the Thumb has arrived.

Pop smoke and always attack into the ambush.

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to xe5)
Post #: 5
RE: LOS - 5/7/2009 11:10:19 AM   
kallek

I don't want it changed, I was just wondering if it has changed since the previous CC games, or it's just me that has gotten less patient. Just gotta be more careful..

(in reply to VicKevlar)
Post #: 6
RE: LOS - 5/7/2009 3:26:22 PM   
dodger bullet

just return fire to where those suspected muzzle flash are coming from. roe. and by return fire, i mean put everybody in LOS approximity to fire on them. it'll whittle down yer casualties.

(in reply to kallek)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> LOS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI