Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small Arms vs Med Tank

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Small Arms vs Med Tank Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/9/2009 4:57:44 PM   
Akilla21

Ok, so I'm playing a small battle and my Med tank is firing on a German Rifle squad. Now I can understand if the German squad is able to kill the tank commander manning the 50-cal outside of the tank. But what I can't understand for the life of me is how the same rifle squad down to 2 mean with Kar98 single shot rifles is able to kill the driver (well covered by 3-inch Armor steel) the turet gunner(again covered by 3-inch Armor steel) and the main cannon again, covered by 3-inch Armor steel? This is absolutely ridicoulous, now I can understand if they were using 50-cal machine guns but even a 50-cal can't penetrate tank armor. So, how are single shot kar98 rifle is able to kill ever crew member of a Sherman tank?

If the game is trying to build a real-like feeling, it's not working. And if the German's can destroy my tank with small arms, I should be able to destroy a Panzer with my BAR, Thompson and the M1's. Sometimes, my men with Fragmentation Grenades can't even destroy a half-track, so it amazes me that a German rifle crew with 2-MP40's and 4 kar98's can destroy a moving tank. A MOVING TANK!
Post #: 1
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/9/2009 10:23:47 PM   
Andrew Williams

Did they have rifle grenades in their equipment?

If they have only Kar98 and machine pistols they won't even fire on a tank.

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 5/9/2009 10:24:33 PM >

(in reply to Akilla21)
Post #: 2
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 4:19:56 AM   
Anthropoid

Panzerfaust

quote:

inexpensive, recoilless German anti-tank weapon of World War II. It consisted of a small, disposable preloaded launch tube firing a high explosive anti-tank warhead, operated by a single soldier. The Panzerfaust remained in service in various versions until the end of the war. The Panzerfaust 150 variant was the basis for the development of the Soviet RPG-2 which later evolved into the RPG-7.

Life's a bitch when a couple little guys in a ditch kill your tank, but then war is hell!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 8:13:55 AM   
Andrew Williams

yeah even some volksgrenadiere teams have a panzerfaust 60

check the teams on the BG screen to see what they are equipped with.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 4
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 2:48:25 PM   
Akilla21

I'm sure the rifle team may have had a few rifle grenades. And I agree they can do some damage to the tank crew. But how can 2 men remaining in the rifle squad kill covered and conceal tank crews? The other issue I have with some of the fighting, is the range on attacks. I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 5
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 3:52:11 PM   
Anthropoid

At 250m might have been an ATG? Doubt it was a PzF or a PzShrk.

I agree, some of the AI 'perks' in the game can be a bit annoying. But I tend to think we should be THANKFUL that we have in this game a _challenging_ AI which is not even really that predictable.

Like I said: war is hell, and losing one tank shouldn't matter too much if you are overall following good strategy/tactics.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Akilla21)
Post #: 6
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 4:34:19 PM   
Akilla21

Good point and I do appreciate the game. But there is room for improvements

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 8:19:09 PM   
Southernland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akilla21

I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

Think you'll find that'll be a panzerschreck at that range http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
I've never has a faust fire beyond range Then again I generally keep these teams on ambush or sneak

(in reply to Akilla21)
Post #: 8
RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank - 5/10/2009 8:59:39 PM   
Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akilla21

I'm sure the rifle team may have had a few rifle grenades. And I agree they can do some damage to the tank crew. But how can 2 men remaining in the rifle squad kill covered and conceal tank crews? The other issue I have with some of the fighting, is the range on attacks. I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

Are we playing the same game? Panzerfausts are one weapon = one round. The typical GE team has only one. A few have two. Panzerschrecks have 6 HEAT rounds, M9 Bazookas 5 HEAT and 2 Smoke. The M1 Garand w/ M7 Spigot has 5 HE and 5 HEAT rounds. The K 98k w/Schiessbecher also has 5 HE and 5 HEAT rounds. M7 and Schiessbecher HEAT rounds can penetrate 40mm of armor. At certain angles, a M4 Sherman has less than that for armor protection, not the 76mm you imply.

Get your facts and figures straight, then come back.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to Akilla21)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support >> Small Arms vs Med Tank Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI