Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/24/2002 5:52:24 AM   
Sultanofsham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by juliet7bravo
[B]

Once more, and this time "Read my lips"...

Be...able...to...access...the...manual...in-game...by...clicking...an...icon.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Calm down there slappy.

Im pretty sure that there was a thread about that before release in which someone from Matrix said it was too late for UV but they would look at it for WITP.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 31
Reaction Range - 5/24/2002 6:26:14 AM   
pad152

To put it better what I want is a reaction range where a task force will only case so far. Something like we have in PacWar.

Example:

TF is set with React Range - 6
The TF will move a max of 6 hexes to engage an enemy.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 32
- 5/24/2002 6:54:49 AM   
juliet7bravo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sultanofsham
[B]

Calm down there slappy.

Im pretty sure that there was a thread about that before release in which someone from Matrix said it was too late for UV but they would look at it for WITP. [/B][/QUOTE]

Again...

"(1) Be able to access the manual in-game by clicking an icon...it's not rocket science people. To be blunt, if the WiTP manual isn't accessible in-game, I won't be buying it. By the time I drove 80 miles to a print shop that would print a .pdf and paid them to do it, it cost me another $25-35 USD total. Great game, but not worth $100 USD."

U gizes no spik engrish bery wall?

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 33
- 5/24/2002 7:20:10 AM   
Sultanofsham

[QUOTE]Originally posted by juliet7bravo
[B]

U gizes no spik engrish bery wall? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I can speak it, however you must have some sort of problem reading it. They said they would look at it so you keep whining about not buying it because....? Personally maybe instead of buying the game you should spend the the money to have someone fix whatever the problem with your computer is since it isnt working properly.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 34
- 5/24/2002 8:06:26 AM   
Mark W Carver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sultanofsham
[B]
Personally maybe instead of buying the game you should spend the the money to have someone fix whatever the problem with your computer is since it isnt working properly. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep... ALT-TAB works fine. Not a single system crash.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 35
Cheap Ink Cartridges - 5/24/2002 9:24:55 AM   
FirstPappy

Check out this site for cheaper cartridge replacements for your printer

[url]www.myinks.com[/url]

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 36
- 5/24/2002 9:50:32 AM   
82nd Airborne

help a blind man out please

I can't seem to find the Campaign Editor

Looking at the PDF and nothing, nor did I find it in the game.

Also, is there a way to go back and read the scen briefing once underway.

only had the game barely a day, but in the midst of playing and reading the manual, I can't see either of these two features.

thanks

"I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal." - Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 37
Campaign Editor - 5/24/2002 10:01:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

Look for an .exe file in the /scen subdirectory of your Uncommon Valor folder. It should be called "UV Campaign Editor.exe".

The briefings only show up at the start. However, the same /scen subdirectory contains all the briefings in text file format if you want to print them out. Just look for the scenario number and print the text files with that number.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 38
Re: Campaign Editor - 5/24/2002 10:02:30 AM   
82nd Airborne

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik Rutins
[B]Look for an .exe file in the /scen subdirectory of your Uncommon Valor folder. It should be called "UV Campaign Editor.exe".

The briefings only show up at the start. However, the same /scen subdirectory contains all the briefings in text file format if you want to print them out. Just look for the scenario number and print the text files with that number.

Regards,

- Erik [/B][/QUOTE]

smokin' Erik!
thanks

"I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal." - Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 39
a few things: - 5/24/2002 11:22:34 AM   
malvoisin

i've only played this for a day or so, and i'm really enjoying it, although i do have some issues with the game:

1. i don't particularly care whether the manual is electronic or printed, but i WOULD like it to be more useful. the manual as it stands now is a little general in the way it treats a lot of game concepts, like fatigue, disruption, leadership qualities, morale, and supply. the manual does mention that things like a high fatigue will degrade the performance of a unit, but it -doesn't- ever explain -exactly- what the marginal effect of fatigue is. not only is there no clear idea as to what constitutes 'high' fatigue, there's no mention, apart from "Unit fatigue, disruption, experience, morale, and leadership directly impact combat firepower, losses, and the odds of attack." how fatigue impacts combat operations. this is unfortunate as i have no way of being able to intelligently decide how much fatigue is acceptable for a unit and the like. is there a reason that you can't print the formulas? (and note that i mean more than fatigue, there are a whole bunch of game concepts that aren't explained sufficiently in the manual. when should i start worrying about morale? how is morale x different from a morale of x+1, etc)

also, is there an optimal spotting altitude?

2. more 'gamey' information from the game. i don't particularly care that the lexington has a cruise speed of 33 kts (and if i did, i could look it up in the encyclopedia) i AM really interested that it can cruise 6 hexes, though. also, maybe the endurance values should be expressed as a percentage rather than a (seemingly) arbitrary number. that way i could tell who needs immediate attention and who doesn't instantaneously, rather than having a unique heuristic for each ship class. i

3. the encyclopedia could be easier to navigate.

4. PLEASE get rid of the cd check. (i have an external cd rom on my machine, and carrying it around is bulky) i know. i understand why you guys do it, but it is still annoying.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 40
- 5/24/2002 3:39:18 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Be able to access the manual in-game by clicking an icon...it's not rocket science people. [/QUOTE]

You´re allways welcome to make a mod for it ;)

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI