Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 11:36:42 AM   
steveh11Matrix

Thanks for posting this. I found it very helpful.

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci
Post #: 1
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 12:11:26 PM   
terje439

Just a question to Gil about something he wrote;

"For example, as Prussia I produce very little wine, so if a province can give me some then I go for it, even if I could be getting iron or horses more efficiently.)"

Either I completely misunderstood something in the manual, or Gil's meaning goes straight over my head here (or it is a small typo by Gil ).
I thought wine, food AND horses came from the same slider? So if you up the agriculture in a province to produce wine, would you not also get horses?

Terje

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 2
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 3:33:01 PM   
SalmanBashi

I could be wrong but from what I've seen they're all under the agricultural slider yes, but different provinces produce wine better. So you might have a province that produces 1 horse, 30 food and only 1 wine on a 75% slider but another that does 1 horse, 6 food and 8 wine using the same amount of labour. Much more efficient to get a province that is good at producing wine so you can use your labour in other areas.

< Message edited by SalmanBashi -- 5/26/2009 3:34:40 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 4:16:28 PM   
morganbj

I think SB explained Gil's point vary well.  Each province has a unique base amount for each resource produced.  That means that some may be good at food and not wine or horses, but others are good at horses and wine, but not food.  Just because a province produces a lot of food does not mean that it'll produce wine very effectively.  So, when you're building farms, you should keep that in mind.  Pick provinces to build farms that are good at all three, if you can.  More bang for your developmment buck.

(in reply to SalmanBashi)
Post #: 4
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 8:01:00 PM   
terje439

Actually if you look at the quote from Gil, he says he will use a province to produce wine at the cost of horses. Unless I completely misunderstood his point. And that is what I am confused about, if you up the agriculture in a province to make more wine, this will not to my understanding lessen the ammount of horses produced since they are from the same slider.
That he has to chose between wine and iron on the other hand makes sense.

Terje

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 5
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 8:12:16 PM   
morganbj

I think you missed my point.  Some provinces are better at producing wine than horses, so if you need wine, those are the provinces you want to max out the agriculture slider.  That may be at the expense of another provice that produces horses a little better.  WITHIN a province, you are correct; the slider has an effect on both.  I'm sure Gil was referring to finding a second province that was better at wine.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 6
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/26/2009 8:15:00 PM   
terje439

Oki guess I missed his point then, good thing then will be that I am indeed not too confused after all (well everything is relative )

Terje

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 7
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/27/2009 2:17:19 AM   
Gil R.

Sorry for all this confusion. I wrote "iron or horses" without really thinking -- I was just trying to come up with examples of resources that Prussia doesn't lack nearly as much as wine (or textiles, wool, etc.). I've just edited the post so that it only mentions iron. Good catch!

So, to repeat the point I was trying to make, if I have a province producing a small amount of something I'm short on I will usually choose to continue producing it, even if I could be getting significantly more of something else. So, to me the best approach is to optimize production in each province, unless doing so would be at the expense of something I really need. (On the other hand, one can make an argument for optimizing ALL provinces, and using the greater amounts of X, Y, and Z produced to trade for A, B, and C.)

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 8
RE: Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) - 5/27/2009 11:08:54 AM   
terje439

Yup, kinda guessed for a typo tbh

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Re: Opening Moves Tutorial AAR (Prussia-1805) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI